Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
(01-02-2019, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: If it makes people feel better, there are rumors Hue will end up in Minnesota with Zimmer as OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: If it makes people feel better, there are rumors Hue will end up in Minnesota with Zimmer as OC.

(01-02-2019, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We may be considering him for OC.

I wouldn't have any problem with that.

Just like Marv, he’s best as a coordinator. How crazy good could the Vikings be if they had Hue at OC and Marv at DC with Zim as HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: To me it's no different than the other in house interviews, a common courtesy that may have implications on their future employment here in other forms. They can hear what they have to say and see if it is compatible with the next HC and if it's not they can move on rather than them faking it when the new guy gets here and is the boss.

I think the in house guys are the fall backs.  Kinda like when you were applying to colleges and you had those 1-2 community colleges that you knew for a fact you could get accepted to in case the unthinkable happened and you got turned down everywhere else.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team badly needs a fresh start ! If they want to put butts in seats and sell hot dogs they better realize it's time.
Reply/Quote
When they finally had the gumption to move on from Marvin, it changed my perspective a bit.  I don't see how they could part ways with Marvin, and then turn around and hire Marvin 2.0 (Hue), or Marvin 2.5 (V. Joseph).  I think they're courtesies extended to the current staffers (Hue and Simmons), and I'm not sure what in the hell they're bringing Joseph in for.  As others said, maybe for coordinator positions or fall backs.

I think the empty seats played a part in this, and surely Mikey has enough sense to realize that they'll be even emptier if he hires Hue Jackson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Interesting enough our attendance was only down 5% this year, only third highest decline in attendance in the league surprisingly.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting enough our attendance was only down 5% this year, only third highest decline in attendance in the league surprisingly.

The trade for Glenn, firing of Alexander, and signing of  Preston Brown really stoked up the Bengal fan base last off season.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting enough our attendance was only down 5% this year, only third highest decline in attendance in the league surprisingly.

That is shocking.  With all of the hubub over season tickets not being renewed, and the optics on TV, I would have certainly pegged them at least middle of the pack to bottom third.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There should have been a list of assistant coaches that were let go on the day that Marvin was, Hue being number one. Halfazz isn’t a fresh start or a new direction.
Reply/Quote

Yeah but is that going on ticket sales or actual butts in seats ? I'd venture to say there's a significant difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone else notice that the same people who "guaranteed" Marvin would not leave have not learned their lesson and are still trying to act like they know what will happen?

Mostly haters grasping for straws.

Hell, I'm not even sure Marvin doesn't come back for 2019 at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, I'm not even sure Marvin doesn't come back for 2019 at this point. 

had to let him go to renogtiate his contract how that he is HC and DC  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yeah but is that going on ticket sales or actual butts in seats ? I'd venture to say there's a significant difference.

Yeah when you watched games on TV, you could have taken everyone that was there and moved them into the lower section.  Then you hear what the attendance was and wonder where those other 15k-20k people were....
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Hopefully Mr. Brown is just buying Hue his last supper with the team, as a courtesy on his way out the door.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully Mr. Brown is just buying Hue his last supper with the team, as a courtesy on his way out the door.

Probably spring for a Happy Meal !
Reply/Quote
Not sure how in touch Cowherd is, but apparently he said on his radio show today that a source whose in the know told him that Mike Brown badly wants to hire Hue as the head coach but is afraid of the blowback he would receive.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The trade for Glenn, firing of Alexander, and signing of  Preston Brown really stoked up the Bengal fan base last off season.

It wasn't the typical Bengals off season & this one isn't either. Hope this hire turns out better than those moves. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:41 PM)tBengal Wrote: Not sure how in touch Cowherd is, but apparently he said on his radio show today that a source whose in the know told him that Mike Brown badly wants to hire Hue as the head coach but is afraid of the blowback he would receive.

And he should be afraid!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:41 PM)tBengal Wrote: Not sure how in touch Cowherd is, but apparently he said on his radio show today that a source whose in the know told him that Mike Brown badly wants to hire Hue as the head coach but is afraid of the blowback he would receive.

And Cowherd would love nothing more than for Mike Brown to hire Hue Jackson.  As then he would have plenty of new material to rag the Bengals about.  Cowherd has made it very clear that he roots for the favorite, the big market team, the bully.  He's made it abundantly clear that he feels that star players and coaches committing to "lesser teams" is a waste of their time and talents.  Basically, just as super douchey and a jerk wad as he sounds on his rants, is who he really is.  I take nothing he says with any sincerity, or his so-called "sources".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote