Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
(01-02-2019, 07:41 PM)tBengal Wrote: Not sure how in touch Cowherd is, but apparently he said on his radio show today that a source whose in the know told him that Mike Brown badly wants to hire Hue as the head coach but is afraid of the blowback he would receive.

If Brown hires Hue he'll feel it in his wallet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

This genuinely makes me sick. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
He is going to be OC and I am fine with that but why would they want an young offensive coordinator if they no Hue is there guy as OC. I expect a Defensive guy to be named head coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is going to be OC and I am fine with that but why would they want an young offensive coordinator if they no Hue is there guy as OC. I expect a Defensive guy to be named head coach.

Get him as far away from the team as possible.  He is ***** poison.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor - offense
Darrin Simmons - special teams
Eric Bieniemy - offense
Hue Jackson - offense
Josh McDaniels (if he agrees to interview) - offense
Shane Waldron - offense
Vance Joseph - defense
Zac Taylor - offense
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:41 PM)tBengal Wrote: Not sure how in touch Cowherd is, but apparently he said on his radio show today that a source whose in the know told him that Mike Brown badly wants to hire Hue as the head coach but is afraid of the blowback he would receive.

The guys on PTI (Pardon the Interruption) just said the same dam thing. It would be the epic fail ever for the Brown regime, the lazy bastid needs to make legit offers for real coaches and quit taking the easy cheap route. Wilbon and Isola actually thought he deserved a 3rd chance, just not here. 3-36-1 with the Browns, 5-3 after he left. Who in their right mind would hire Hue for head coach? I hope the Vikings do hire this guy.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the interview is nothing more than Mike fulfilling a promise he made to Merv on the way out the door to hear Hue out. I think it's sunk into even Mike's cranium at this point (hopefully, Katie is reminding him every 5-8 minutes) that if Hue's the HC, season tickets and ticket packages are going to be impacted significantly.

But, at the end of it, if he's our new OC, although I'd like to clean house as much as possible, then meh, I can live with it. I'll just look forward to having our O look like it's 2015 again. More or less. Likely less.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is going to be OC and I am fine with that but why would they want an young offensive coordinator if they no Hue is there guy as OC. I expect a Defensive guy to be named head coach.

Bill Lazor is still the Bengals OC. And that position doesn't seem to be changing.
Lazor was ALSO interviewed for the HC job.

And it's because Hue Jackson has been awful these last 3 years.

3-36-1 is awful. 11-45 all time is horrendous.
His offense with Cleveland ranked 31st and 32nd his first two years.
Last year when he was HC, the Browns averaged 21 PPG. Which would be 23rd in the NFL.

Once he left? They averaged 23.8 PPG. Which would be 14th in the league.

They also only scored 24+ 8 eight times through 40 games. Once this year.
The Browns have scored 24+ points 5 times since he's been fired. 5 out of 8 games.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Bill Lazor is still the Bengals OC. And that position doesn't seem to be changing.

Last year when he was HC, the Browns averaged 21 PPG. Which would be 23rd in the NFL.

The Browns have scored 24+ points 5 times since he's been fired. 5 out of 8 games.

Here's hoping Mike has all those numbers in front of him as he conducts the interview.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Here are a few things I'd like Mike Brown to consider here.

1. We have quantifiable evidence that Hue Jackson is a poor head coach. His lifetime record speaks for itself. It certainly doesn't help his case when the Browns turned around quite dramatically as soon as he walked out the door.

2. He was a poor head coach despite working for two organizations (Raiders and Browns) that made bigger splashes in free agency and had high draft picks on a routine basis. He can't say he didn't have the talent to get things done when the Browns especially had been stockpiling early 1st round picks for years, on top of having a ton of picks from years of strategic trades. And again, look at the Browns' turnaround after he left.

3. He comes from the coaching tree of the head coach you just let go of. He is cut from the same cloth, so if you fired Marvin because his philosophy had run its course, what convinces you that things will be different under Hue? A man who, again, has an objectively worse record as a head coach than Marvin.

4. No other teams are tripping over themselves for Hue. Disgruntled fans don't have the ticket office on speed dial for Hue. Nobody, NOBODY, perceives this as a good move for this organization. You risk an empty stadium and once again becoming a laughing stock in the league. For a man who, one more time, has proven to be a poor head coach.

This is honestly one of those circumstances where an outside hire, an unknown variable, might actually be the easier choice to make. We know what we are getting with Hue, and it ain't good. With an outside hire, you at least allow yourself a philosophy change that could give this team the shot in the arm it needs.

How this seems to be entirely lost on Mike Brown, and only Mike Brown, is beyond sane comprehension.
Reply/Quote
Hue will be our gift to Cleveland as Marvin was to Pitt. Don't fall for this crap Mike. I really don't want us to be Clevelands ***** now for the next 17 years. Clean house.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And Cowherd would love nothing more than for Mike Brown to hire Hue Jackson.  As then he would have plenty of new material to rag the Bengals about.  Cowherd has made it very clear that he roots for the favorite, the big market team, the bully.  He's made it abundantly clear that he feels that star players and coaches committing to "lesser teams" is a waste of their time and talents.  Basically, just as super douchey and a jerk wad as he sounds on his rants, is who he really is.  I take nothing he says with any sincerity, or his so-called "sources".

If the past two years with Marvin are any indication, nobody outside the organization knows what Mike's thought process is.  If Cowherd's source was so great, why didn't he scoop everyone on Marvin's firing?

Either nobody knows where Mike's head is at so they're just throwing out stuff that seems plausible or Mike is deliberately sending out smokescreens to throw other clubs off.  After the Carson Palmer trade, I wouldn't put the latter past him.  Or, the source is Marvin trying to convince people that his buddy Hue is a good coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And Cowherd would love nothing more than for Mike Brown to hire Hue Jackson.  As then he would have plenty of new material to rag the Bengals about.  Cowherd has made it very clear that he roots for the favorite, the big market team, the bully.  He's made it abundantly clear that he feels that star players and coaches committing to "lesser teams" is a waste of their time and talents.  Basically, just as super douchey and a jerk wad as he sounds on his rants, is who he really is.  I take nothing he says with any sincerity, or his so-called "sources".

He's been ripping the Steelers and Browns pretty hard as of late.
Reply/Quote

How does this work? Does Mike Brown hire all his coaches individually? Do all Nfl teams do that? Wouldnt a new guy want to bring in who he wants?
Reply/Quote
Hobson’s Choice has an interesting line in response to question about front runner coaching options. He said if the hire was going to come from in-house, it would have already been done and announced.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I don't buy that. Regardless of the direction they go, in-house or outside, they're doing what any good team would do. Due diligence, weighing all options, not rushing anything.

I guess by Hobson's logic, the interviews with Simmons, Lazor, and Jackson are meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's been ripping the Steelers and Browns pretty hard as of late.

I haven't listened to him on any regular basis for about 10 years, when I decided to quit listening to him.  Since then, I might have caught a half hour, here and there, maybe 10 times.  Every time I hear him, it still sounds like the same stuff to me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobson’s Choice has an interesting line in response to question about front runner coaching options. He said if the hire was going to come from in-house, it would have already been done and announced.

That, is actually pretty reassuring, in my mind anyway.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I would rather not have Hue Jackson near this organization.  Give me Waldron or Taylor as OC.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Bill Lazor is still the Bengals OC. And that position doesn't seem to be changing.

What about his time here in Cincy when we were 7th in points in 2015 or his time in Oakland ini 2010  where they were 6th in points on offense? 
Also he didn't have the talent to work with in his first two years in Cleveland and he wasn't calling the plays this season with the Browns anyways.
Also go back to 2014 where we lost Eifert and Marvin Jones for a full year as well as Green for 5 games and Giovanni Bernard for 4 games. We ended up 15th in scoring that year. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote