Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
Hue is absolute poison. I don’t want him here in any capacity with an opportunity to try and undermine a new coach. Big no
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobson’s Choice has an interesting line in response to question about front runner coaching options. He said if the hire was going to come from in-house, it would have already been done and announced.

(01-02-2019, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That, is actually pretty reassuring, in my mind anyway.

Mine too. Although Hobspin is a weasel and I think reports what he is told to report, I will sleep better tonight. Although, if the organization planned all along to hire an inside guy but invited outsiders for the appeasement of the fans? They won’t announce it until all interviews are complete. Welp, I just typed myself out of that good nights sleep. Damnit!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just interviewing outside guys won't appease fans, because if they bring in 4+ guys and none of them bite at the job then what the hell are they saying to scare them away?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mine too. Although Hobspin is a weasel and I think reports what he is told to report, I will sleep better tonight. Although, if the organization planned all along to hire an inside guy but invited outsiders for the appeasement of the fans? They won’t announce it until all interviews are complete. Welp, I just typed myself out of that good nights sleep. Damnit!

I can't remember exactly when and where, but I do remember reading to the effect that as an employee of the team, he is bound by duty to report what they "tell or allow" him to report.  Might have been in the Jim O thread.  Maybe someone else remembers it too, and can help us out?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't want Hue as HC or OC, but why so much hate for the guy? Hopefully not cause of the Browns.

Hate him or love him, Hue has always done good by the Bengals and he should be treated a little better by us fans.

At least until the Browns are humbled.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't want Hue as HC or OC, but why so much hate for the guy? Hopefully not cause of the Browns.

Hate him or love him, Hue has always done good by the Bengals and he should be treated a little better by us fans.

He was a pretty good OC.  Just don't want him as HC.  If they want him as OC in MN with Zimmer, that would be a good fit.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't want Hue as HC or OC, but why so much hate for the guy? Hopefully not cause of the Browns.

I dobt think it's hate as much as fear.

I didn't (don't) hate Marvin, but every season I feared they'd bring him back. I don't hate hue, but I fear he might coach here 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:01 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He was a pretty good OC.  Just don't want him as HC.  If they want him as OC in MN with Zimmer, that would be a good fit.

Might be the best option for all concerned.  That way we don't have that creepy Baker Mayfield staring down our poor coach  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I like Hue Jackson and I respect what he’s done in the past as an offensive coordinator and wide receiver coach in Cincinnati — but I believe the entire coaching staff should be composed of non-retreads. I want coaches with a fresh, unbiased view to evaluate the players.
Reply/Quote
Hue pick the worse two job to start his head coaching career and it will haunt him.
Reply/Quote
Yep I don’t hate Hue, I hate the idea of Hue running this team. His track record speaks for itself and I want nothing to do with it. The Bengals (and their fans) would once again be the laughing stock of the league if they hire him. Been there, done that and don’t want to be it again.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Eh, I don't buy that.  Regardless of the direction they go, in-house or outside, they're doing what any good team would do.  Due diligence, weighing all options, not rushing anything.

I guess by Hobson's logic, the interviews with Simmons, Lazor, and Jackson are meaningless.

I sort of look at it as a tiered system.

They aren't really interested in Lazor or Simmons, but they need fall backs if everyone else falls through.  Since both are under contract next year as coordinators and aren't going to get any other HC interviews, they are basically guaranteed to take the job if offered.

Hue and Vance are also probably not at the top of their list, but are both probably considered a step up from Lazor and Simmons simply due to having prior experience.  There's a high likelihood they could get either, but it's not a slam dunk, as they could potentially take a plum coordinator job or a college HC gig.  They may possibly be looking at Vance as a DC that can help mentor their preferred offensive minded wiz kid, also.  Hue is likely getting a courtesy interview because of Marvin.  Another thing in play is that there's been grumblings about how 5 of the 8 HC's that have been fired are black and now there's a lack of black coaches in the league.  No matter who the Bengals hire, it's hard to play the race card on them when they've interviewed 3 black candidates, 2 with previous HC experience.
Reply/Quote

Not hate, just don't want the guy coaching the Bengals. His time with the Browns doesn't help, no matter how bad it was up there cause they played better after he left and it was noticeably better play.

Reply/Quote
Never have been a Hue fan and not starting now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not hate, just don't want the guy coaching the Bengals. His time with the Browns doesn't help, no matter how bad it was up there cause they played better after he left and it was noticeably better play.

(01-02-2019, 11:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never have been a Hue fan and not starting now.

Hue is without any doubt the worst move MB could make for many reasons. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Might be the best option for all concerned.  That way we don't have that creepy Baker Mayfield staring down our poor coach  Smirk

Mayfield has issues, and I think they'll continue to be a concern.  
Reply/Quote

The hate for him is because he's had ZERO success as a head coach.  Why hire a guy like that?

Nothing against him, but I don't want him, Joseph or any other coach that has a horrible record as a head coach anywhere near this team.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mine too. Although Hobspin is a weasel and I think reports what he is told to report, I will sleep better tonight. Although, if the organization planned all along to hire an inside guy but invited outsiders for the appeasement of the fans? They won’t announce it until all interviews are complete. Welp, I just typed myself out of that good nights sleep. Damnit!

Maybe - and this is purely speculation (or, more likely, wishful thinking) - they truly don't intend to hire from within, but they are doing their due diligence with those candidates in case no one from outside the organization will take the job.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:33 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: Maybe - and this is purely speculation (or, more likely, wishful thinking) - they truly don't intend to hire from within, but they are doing their due diligence with those candidates in case no one from outside the organization will take the job.

I sure hope you're right.

There's part of me that thinks MB can't be that clueless and out of touch. But then the other part of me knows how stubborn he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:02 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sure hope you're right.

There's part of me that thinks MB can't be that clueless and out of touch. But then the other part of me knows how stubborn he is.

There are so many ways we, as fans, can run with this up until the decision is announced that it's enough to drive us crazy (those of us that the team hasn't already driven crazy, anyway).

The organization rarely hires a head coach that hasn't previously been a part of this franchise in some capacity. That's bad for those that want Taylor, McDaniels, or Waldron, but good for the Bieniemy camp. Of course, it's also good for Jackson & Joseph. (Honestly, I'm going to dismiss Simmons & Lazor in this equation so one of them will probably end up with the job.)

That said, of the 4 head coaches Mike Brown has hired, the best by a pretty large margin was the only one that had no previous connection to the team. Definitely encouraging in regards to Taylor, McDaniels, & Waldron.

The organization also historically hires first-time head coaches. Good for Bieniemy, Taylor, & Waldron; not so much for Jackson, Joseph, & McDaniels.

In other words, I have no clue how this is going to play out, but I'm doing my best to suppress my pessimistic tendencies and remain open to the possibility that one of those new names is at the top of the team's coaching flowchart very soon.
Reply/Quote