Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
Think who would hire Hue if we don't? Do you think anyone? I don't see a HC or OC job for him in the NFL. That is pretty telling why after the job interview, he never steps foot in the building again.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not hate, just don't want the guy coaching the Bengals. His time with the Browns doesn't help, no matter how bad it was up there cause they played better after he left and it was noticeably better play.

I don't know. He coached Tyrod T led team to overtime and tie games against good teams to start the season. Taking them to the brink. If it wasn't for the kicker (which isn't on him). The Browns would have a first round bye and he wouldn't have been fired.

Crazy how "what have you done for my now" league is, a couple missed kicks and the coach is a bum. Those kicks made, and Hue is on his way to coach of the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
None of us deserve to be concerned about this.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 09:26 AM)Destro Wrote: Think who would hire Hue if we don't? Do you think anyone? I don't see a HC or OC job for him in the NFL. That is pretty telling why after the job interview, he never steps foot in the building again.

After getting tea bagged on tv by his former locker room? He might land somewhere as a  coordinator, but I don't see him getting another hc spot. Honestly, I think that may be one thing that's helping prevent him from being hc here.

(01-03-2019, 10:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know. He coached Tyrod T led team to overtime and tie games against good teams to start the season. Taking them to the brink. If it wasn't for the kicker (which isn't on him). The Browns would have a first round bye and he wouldn't have been fired.

Crazy how "what have you done for my now" league is, a couple missed kicks and the coach is a bum. Those kicks made, and Hue is on his way to coach of the year.

From the early interviews, it seemed like hue preferred tyrod over Mayfield I've wondered if that didn't have something to do with his exit. Maybe some old Marvin influence of '''play the vet first"?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 09:26 AM)Destro Wrote: Think who would hire Hue if we don't? Do you think anyone? I don't see a HC or OC job for him in the NFL. That is pretty telling why after the job interview, he never steps foot in the building again.

Zimmer is already talking about him for Vikes OC
Reply/Quote
I think MB really wanted to keep Marvin and I think he really wants to hire Hue. What he actually does could very well be our only guess as to where his football priorities lie and/or who is really calling the shots for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
MB is definitely in mourning, as is the rest of the family. Every other team with an opening we've heard and seen the GM and Owner address the media and city with an explanation of the future plan, goals, and what they are looking for in this hiring process. Any one of us on this board would have scheduled a presser by now to discuss the plan going forward and show (that there is a plan for this new era).

MB and family during this has been absent. No regards for the fan base, or city (which we already knew). This after the first HC change in 16 years. This should have been a bigger moment for the franchise. #inept.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I haven't read this thread, but I saw something on Twitter that I found interesting. A writer (who I can't remember and can't find the tweet for) was saying that the rumors swirling around PBS were that Mike Brown wants Hue to be the next coach but is worried about fan backlash. Colin Cowturd has also reported this, but I'm pretty sure I saw it on Twitter before he started talking about it. I could honestly see that being the case. Which we all know that Mike Brown believes his way is best, so Hue could be at the top of his list.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:18 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I haven't read this thread, but I saw something on Twitter that I found interesting. A writer (who I can't remember and can't find the tweet for) was saying that the rumors swirling around PBS were that Mike Brown wants Hue to be the next coach but is worried about fan backlash. Colin Cowturd has also reported this, but I'm pretty sure I saw it on Twitter before he started talking about it. I could honestly see that being the case. Which we all know that Mike Brown believes his way is best, so Hue could be at the top of his list.

They discussed it on PTI and Mike Wilbon said he doesn't believe that Marvin leaving was a mutual agreement, more so that MB wanted him back for at least one more year and Marvin just didn't want to come back.  That's what makes the whole Marvin ---> Hue thing seem so scary possible.  Until I see otherwise, I expect to be told by MB that we were way closer to competing in 2018 than you think and that going from Marvin to Hue is the best way to stay the course while we have Dalton and Green.

That's my new assessment.  It's not about Hue forever, but it's about keeping what we have together for as long as we can extent the Dalton and Green era. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think MB really wanted to keep Marvin and I think he really wants to hire Hue.  What he actually does could very well be our only guess as to where his football priorities lie and/or who is really calling the shots for the Bengals.

I wouldn't have had a problem if Marvin slid into DC and Hue OC even though i really want a fresh start. I could have rolled with that and see how it goes.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:23 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I wouldn't have had a problem if Marvin slid into DC and Hue OC even though i really want a fresh start. I could have rolled with that and see how it goes.

I think Marvin just wanted out of Cincy, so taking a demotion doesn't seem like a logical move for him.  People forget that Marvin expressed great interest in walking away from the Bengals after the 2010 and the 2017 seasons, too.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think MB really wanted to keep Marvin and I think he really wants to hire Hue.  What he actually does could very well be our only guess as to where his football priorities lie and/or who is really calling the shots for the Bengals.

In Mikey's world it's all about his own mental comfort. The embarrassing loses to the Browns probably knocked him out of his comfort zone. He use to be able to look at the standings and think to himself that at least he's not as bad as the Browns. Now, his team is getting smoked by the worse team in the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Marvin just wanted out of Cincy, so taking a demotion doesn't seem like a logical move for him.  People forget that Marvin expressed great interest in walking away from the Bengals after the 2010 and the 2017 seasons, too.

Yeah i get that but i think his biggest interest outside will be for DC. And in all honesty i think it will be a great hire if that turns out to be the case.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: In Mikey's world it's all about his own mental comfort. The embarrassing loses to the Browns probably knocked him out of his comfort zone. He use to be able to look at the standings and think to himself that at least he's not as bad as the Browns. Now, his team is getting smoked by the worse team in the league.

That makes sense for most teams/owners, but the more I think about this the more I'm thinking MB legit wanted Marvin back and Marvin was the one who was affected by the losing seasons and being swept by the Browns more than MB.  I'm just not seeing much evidence that MB makes NFL moves based upon wins and losses.

The fact that he's been our owner/GM for 26+ years and we still don't know who is calling the shots now or ever, says a lot.  It's all speculation.  We are just fans of a stranger's business.  It's quite odd, really.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They discussed it on PTI and Mike Wilbon said he doesn't believe that Marvin leaving was a mutual agreement, more so that MB wanted him back for at least one more year and Marvin just didn't want to come back.  That's what makes the whole Marvin ---> Hue thing seem so scary possible.  Until I see otherwise, I expect to be told by MB that we were way closer to competing in 2018 than you think and that going from Marvin to Hue is the best way to stay the course while we have Dalton and Green.

That's my new assessment.  It's not about Hue forever, but it's about keeping what we have together for as long as we can extent the Dalton and Green era. 

.....aaaannnnndddddd if I was AJ or Andy, I'd demand a trade as soon as it was announced.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They discussed it on PTI and Mike Wilbon said he doesn't believe that Marvin leaving was a mutual agreement, more so that MB wanted him back for at least one more year and Marvin just didn't want to come back.  That's what makes the whole Marvin ---> Hue thing seem so scary possible.  Until I see otherwise, I expect to be told by MB that we were way closer to competing in 2018 than you think and that going from Marvin to Hue is the best way to stay the course while we have Dalton and Green.

The Marvin era has to end COMPLETELY. That means remnants of it such as Hue and Dalton need to be removed as well if we are to have hope for anything more than just “staying the course”.

I agree that hiring Hue and feeding us the usual line of crap about continuity is 100% the thing you’d expect out of Mike Brown, and that is very worrisome.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....aaaannnnndddddd if I was AJ or Andy, I'd demand a trade as soon as it was announced.

All we can do is speculate at this point.  Still, it's possible Dalton and Green replaced Palmer and Chad for many good reasons, one of which being their more loyal personalities. 

(01-03-2019, 11:39 AM)HuDey Wrote: The Marvin era has to end COMPLETELY. That means remnants of it such as Hue and Dalton need to be removed as well if we are to have hope for anything more than just “staying the course”. 

I agree that hiring Hue and feeding us the usual line of crap about continuity is 100% the thing you’d expect out of Mike Brown, and that is very worrisome.

I understand, but at the same time I realize at various parts this year we were pumped about a team that had Teryl Austin, Marvin Lewis, and Bill Lazor at the helm.  We had some new pieces, the promise of more John Ross, the possible emergence of Auden Tate and even the slight interest in seeing what Jeff Driskel could do.

We got pretty exited about what ended up being a crap season.  I wouldn't put it past us to get on board with Hue the second word comes out of training camp that Hue think John Ross could be a centerpiece of our offense...or something like that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:39 AM)HuDey Wrote: The Marvin era has to end COMPLETELY. That means remnants of it such as Hue and Dalton need to be removed as well if we are to have hope for anything more than just “staying the course”.

So....are we getting rid of the entire roster?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I agree with Wilbon, I doubt very seriously Marvin walked into the office and Mike said have a seat Marvin and ummm you're fired. It wouldn't even surprise if Mike spent the next hour trying to talk him into staying.

And I'm quite sure if Mike isn't talked out of it we'll be hearing some name from those he's familiar with, Hue among them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know. He coached Tyrod T led team to overtime and tie games against good teams to start the season. Taking them to the brink. If it wasn't for the kicker (which isn't on him). The Browns would have a first round bye and he wouldn't have been fired.

You can play the ifs and buts game with every team in the league. Hue’s record is what it is. He also seems to be disliked by his players and fellow coaches (outside his buddy Marvin).

Lmao at Hue as coach of the year.

Reply/Quote