Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hue to Cleveland finalizing
(01-14-2016, 10:02 AM)Football Bender Wrote: Kind of disappointed.  Most people know, if you fail HC on your 2nd chance, you're probably not going to get a 3rd.  He has a chance to stay one more year, try to win a superbowl and make him look even better.  But instead he goes to a division rival with one of the worst franchises in this era.  Who would want the Cleveland job unless you're really desperate. 

It's not like the Bengals are exactly knocking on the door to a world championship, here.  Furthermore, the NFL is full of people who got where they are because they simply can't settle for 2nd best, otherwise about half of the starting QBs in the NFL would be leaving their jobs in an attempt to sit the bench in New England or Seattle.  How would you feel if Andy Dalton said "I like being the Bengals' starting QB, but I envy Tyrod Taylor because he got a ring throwing 0 passes in Baltimore."

If an OC doesn't want to be a HC, he might be a big ol' loser, and big ol' losers don't make it to the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I love that the Browns are going with analitics because football and baseball are so similar.  LOL

I would have said that before analytics started working in basketball. Basketball feels like a harder sport to make analytics work for than football, so of it's working there...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:31 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I would have said that before analytics started working in basketball. Basketball feels like a harder sport to make analytics work for than football, so of it's working there...

Baseball is individuals on a team.  Football is all about 11 men working together.  Is a guy taking up two blockers every play?  How does that show up.  Is a receiver blocking downfield for other people?  Stats don't tell the story like they do in baseball.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Baseball is individuals on a team.  Football is all about 11 men working together.  Is a guy taking up two blockers every play?  How does that show up.  Is a receiver blocking downfield for other people?  Stats don't tell the story like they do in baseball.  

It's called "Nothing has worked yet so let's keep trying wacky stuff until we land on something that works."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hue said he got over 100 text messages from coaches who want to join him in Cleveland. Please let Marvin lewis be one of those text messages.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:12 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Hue said he got over 100 text messages from coaches who want to join him in Cleveland. Please let Marvin lewis be one of those text messages.

Hire them all, Hue.  It might a hundred man march to fix that mess.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:12 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Hue said he got over 100 text messages from coaches who want to join him in Cleveland. Please let Marvin lewis be one of those text messages.

Hue is so full o' malarkey that I expect him to run for office once this Browns debacle is over.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue is so full o' malarkey that I expect him to run for office once this Browns debacle is over.

If he gets to 8-8, he can be Mayor of Cleveland.  If he gets to the playoffs, they'll make him king.

Reply/Quote

Link?

100 texts total probably from 5-7 coaches.

Reply/Quote