Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurst to Panthers
Ouch! Looks like we are in definitely for a Tight End
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
WTF!?? please tell me this is fake news!??
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:41 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Ouch!  Looks like we are in definitely for a Tight End

WTF. I'm starting to become a bit agitated. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In all fairness, it's going to be very hard to keep anyone other than Chase/Tee here on offense as long as we have Burrow.  This is two years in a row where he inflated the stats of his TE and got the guy paid.  Bring it another regular TE dude, make him look like a can't miss FA pickup, watch him go to another woebegone team to decline.

So it goes.

On the plus side, FA's should want to sign here because Burrow will get them inflated deals elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
All part of some plan I don’t think the Bengals knew about.
Reply/Quote
We are rebuilding folks. That's what we are witnessing. Hard pill to swallow but here we are.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: We are rebuilding folks.

Pshaw, the only thing that got rebuilt was Hurst's value on the open market, dadgummit!  He and Uzo got paid that Burrow Bonus because of the Burrow Bump.  Who is next in line?

And no, it won't be Drew Sample...I don't think.
Reply/Quote
Cincy, where all over looked players go to secure their next big deal elsewhere
Reply/Quote
Well...I think the guys taking less money to play with Burrow is false.

Maybe they like Workers comp?
Reply/Quote
For a team whose message was to retain their own guys this offseason, they are doing a pretty poor job at it.
Reply/Quote
I liked Hurst, but think he was somewhat overrated by the board.
Reply/Quote
You get Mitchell Wilcox involved early and you don't have these problems. Get him the ball, get him going and everything flows.

The Bengals non-tendered him and it's been a downhill spiral ever since.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:50 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: For a team whose message was to retain their own guys this offseason, they are doing a pretty poor job at it.

Your guys get overvalued when you win.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals learned their lesson giving contracts to Geno & Carlos to play into their 30s. Hurst turns 30 in August. They weren't giving him a 3 year deal like Carolina.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: We are rebuilding folks. That's what we are witnessing. Hard pill to swallow but here we are.

Not buying that at all, but do think it means they're going to try and appease fans and Burrow and sign Tee. 

If the team foolishly puts $90 million into a QB, and 2 WR's like most seem to want to happen, then many domino's will have to fall.  

Bad business decision if this the plan imo, which I believe all this is the prelude to a Higgins contract coming to fruition. 

Not aimed at you but find it funny how some are not happy when they get what they want.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not what I wanted to read this am.
Reply/Quote
This isn’t a big loss. Hurst had 8 YPC last year. He can be replaced. If if he isn’t replaced, we still have plenty of weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:56 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: This isn’t a big loss. Hurst had 8 YPC last year. He can be replaced. If if he isn’t replaced, we still have plenty of weapons.

I've been talking about them doubling down at TE in this draft class for a while. There's a good chance they find a top flight TE early in this draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
El Oh El

This is almost laughable.
Or maybe I'm just so disappointed that the only thing to do is laugh.

How do you have the 5th most cap space in the league but you lose both your starting safeties (one was expected), your RB2 who honestly performed about as well as your overpaid starter, and your starting TE?

I really hope the Bengals bring in some replacements by the end of the week, otherwise the draft is going to be hampered by going after needs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am fine with this; Hurst was a mid TE just like CJ was and can be easily and cheaply replaced. People freaking out over us losing mid talent at devalued positions need to chill. If we overpay to keep everyone, then we won't have the money to resign the important players/positions going forward.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote