Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I LIKED the Bullying....
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)inkblot Wrote: I live in NC, so I didn't get to watch the game, but what Jones did is unacceptable. It's one thing to want to play with more aggression and intimidation, but the last thing I want is to be like the Steelers.

They have bullied their way to a bunch of hardware.  Wouldn't mind being like them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bunch of Low T softies running around these boards. He didnt even HURT him. Dont think he meant to even push his head into the helmet. If he wanted to, he could have taken him out right then and there. But he didnt. Bottom line.

Jones is one of the only people on that field playing with the kind of passion that takes you deep into the playoffs. Offense is almost completely void of it, Hill / Whit probably the closest thing we have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones, Glad he is on the team... and I don't know what happen through out the game for him to do what he did.. I am sure he did not just do it to be doing it so, I am good with it.. I hope he don't get suspended... and we finally have some backbone it looks like...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:04 PM)McC Wrote: They have bullied their way to a bunch of hardware.  Wouldn't mind being like them.

.....as did the Raiders of days gone by.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with a little "snarl" !!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The problem with bullying is eventually non-bullying is perceived as bullying and you get undue fines and penalties.

Look at the Dre Kirkpatrick penalty. I don't know what he said, but he didn't make any physical motion to Crabtree other than the common "no sir" arm cross.

Unless he said something extremely obscene, there was no reason to call taunting on a mere verbal exchange.

The refs called that as payback for not catching the Jones thing, which should have gotten him ejected.

We also set a bad tone with Iloka stomping around after a great play.

Make the play. Leave out the child behavior. We know you made a great play Iloka, no need to waste it.

I like tough physical football.

And the bully mentality, which resulted in the Iloka play (the play not the penalty) is what we need around here. We need to let teams know you're gonna get hit and it's gonna hurt.

The taunting adds nothing to the bully mentality and only leads to stupid ass penalties.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  I love seeing tough, physical football, but see no need for the taunting and celebrating crap.  Just play the game and make a statement with your play, not your words or actions afterwards.

Cut out the taunting stuff and I'd love to see a lot more of how we played yesterday.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....as did the Raiders of days gone by.....

I think a lot of people forget, what they did was largely legal. 
Hard and physical but within the rules.

I support walking the line and being a tough team.
I just can't support what Pacman did. That's over the line. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:09 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Bengal DBs' Theme for 2015:

Enter the Ninjas!

Skip to about :45. That's their jam. Why? Just because. Ninja

There is no way that this is meant to be serious.

And that chick is a dude.
Reply/Quote
When one watches the entire sequence of events unfold, it is easy to see where Jones motivation for his actions came from.  A veteran does not simply let a cocky rookie punk him out with punches to the throat.  All that I saw was Jones giving the kid a taste of his own, showing him that anyone can be a thug.  If Cooper wanted to show up Jones, he should have done it with his play on the field, not by doing what provoked this embarrassing moment.

For those who have a big issue with what Jones did, let me ask you this?  How do you think that Jones should have handled the situation?  Should Jones have went and cried to the ref about the missed call on the punches to the throat?  Should he have held it in, and ended the kid's season with a cheap shot to the knees?

I'd say that Jones handled the moment the best way that he knew how, without causing grievous harm to the kid's future.  Heck, 10 years ago, we're not even having this whole conversation.  Instead, we're all talking about how Jones gave that kid what he had coming.

Don't forget, even in this PC society that we live in, Football is still a game where one group of men is trying to inflict their will upon a resisting opponent..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When one watches the entire sequence of events unfold, it is easy to see where Jones motivation for his actions came from.  A veteran does not simply let a cocky rookie punk him out with punches to the throat.  All that I saw was Jones giving the kid a taste of his own, showing him that anyone can be a thug.  If Cooper wanted to show up Jones, he should have done it with his play on the field, not by doing what provoked this embarrassing moment.

For those who have a big issue with what Jones did, let me ask you this?  How do you think that Jones should have handled the situation?  Should Jones have went and cried to the ref about the missed call on the punches to the throat?  Should he have held it in, and ended the kid's season with a cheap shot to the knees?

I'd say that Jones handled the moment the best way that he knew how, without causing grievous harm to the kid's future.  Heck, 10 years ago, we're not even having this whole conversation.  Instead, we're all talking about how Jones gave that kid what he had coming.

Don't forget, even in this PC society that we live in, Football is still a game where one group of men is trying to inflict their will upon a resisting opponent..

agreed
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When one watches the entire sequence of events unfold, it is easy to see where Jones motivation for his actions came from.  A veteran does not simply let a cocky rookie punk him out with punches to the throat.  All that I saw was Jones giving the kid a taste of his own, showing him that anyone can be a thug.  If Cooper wanted to show up Jones, he should have done it with his play on the field, not by doing what provoked this embarrassing moment.

For those who have a big issue with what Jones did, let me ask you this? How do you think that Jones should have handled the situation? Should Jones have went and cried to the ref about the missed call on the punches to the throat?  Should he have held it in, and ended the kid's season with a cheap shot to the knees?

Most of that is unnecessary. I think Jones could have done his best to shut Cooper down the rest of the game, and he did a great job covering him, so kudos to him.

You could also tell him what's up when no one is looking, like what usually happens during a football game anyway. Like I said there's subtle ways of doing things. I doubt many even realized what Cooper did, if it wasn't for Jones' reaction after.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think a lot of people forget, what they did was largely legal. 
Hard and physical but within the rules.

I support walking the line and being a tough team.
I just can't support what Pacman did. That's over the line. 

....and NONE of that is legal in today's game.  There was A LOT of extra curricular activity in those days too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and NONE of that is legal in today's game.  There was A LOT of extra curricular activity in those days too.

Sure but very little using a helmet to smash another's head.

That is over the line. 
If Cooper did that to Jones, everyone would want Cooper banned for life. 
Reply/Quote
You play with fire and get burned, and thats what Cooper did. I personally don't like the wussified direction the NFL has been heading for a while. I'm not mad at Adam Jones, or Dre K or Illoka.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure but very little using a helmet to smash another's head.

That is over the line. 
If Cooper did that to Jones, everyone would want Cooper banned for life. 

if you're going to say this would have been egregious behavior in the NFL of the 70's, you're completely nuts.

you're acting like he swung his helmet at the guy and actually 'smashed' it into him.  he pushed his shoulders down and Coopers head hit the helmet.  if Jones wanted to actually inflict harm, he would have.  

christ all mighty.  some of you people are probably the ones calling the cops when im trying to smoke in the ramp at halftime.  if you want to be entertained by fairies and elves, go to ***** disneyland.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: if you're going to say this would have been egregious behavior in the NFL of the 70's, you're completely nuts.

you're acting like he swung his helmet at the guy and actually 'smashed' it into him.  he pushed his shoulders down and Coopers head hit the helmet.  if Jones wanted to actually inflict harm, he would have.  

christ all mighty.  some of you people are probably the ones calling the cops when im trying to smoke in the ramp at halftime.  if you want to be entertained by fairies and elves, go to ***** disneyland.  

Ah you're one of those "it was cutthroat, guys brought knives to the ***** field" folks? The funny thing about the "good old days" is that they were never as good as people tend to remember. 

And yeah, I will call the cops on you because you're a douche bag if you think you can smoke there because you're special. Funny how you call everyone else soft and shit, when you're the special snowflake who should be allowed to break rules.

He ripped his helmet off and slammed his head into it. 

Spin it anyway you want, he was wrong and is lucky to have not been suspended or ejected. 
Reply/Quote
I know I'm not being rational about this, but I'm ok with playing this way against the Raiders or Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 07:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ah you're one of those "it was cutthroat, guys brought knives to the ***** field" folks? The funny thing about the "good old days" is that they were never as good as people tend to remember. 

And yeah, I will call the cops on you because you're a douche bag if you think you can smoke there because you're special. Funny how you call everyone else soft and shit, when you're the special snowflake who should be allowed to break rules.

He ripped his helmet off and slammed his head into it. 

Spin it anyway you want, he was wrong and is lucky to have not been suspended or ejected. 

This says it all.  Call the cops because 200+ people are smoking outdoors in a confined area away from anyone else.

Do you really not think Cooper had anything coming to him?  Do you really think he was hurt by this 'smashing' and 'slamming'?  

If so, this might be a little more up your ally.

[Image: flag_football_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
Lots of reports coming out today that Cooper instigated the situation.
If Cooper aint mad I don't know why so many people on here got in such an uproar......

No one would bat an eye had this been Whitworth . Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
Let's see some bullying in January...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote