Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco
(10-01-2019, 02:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Part of the reason the defense is on the field so much is they can't stop the run on misdirections.

The rushing yards were hidden in the Pittsburgh game because they showed in the stats as passes...but the Steelers ran a ton of Wildcat against us. The Steelers don't run wildcat normally. They recognized we can't stop misdirection.

So getting beat to the edge, what is Lou's adjustment? He puts more DT's in to clog the middle. The Steelers easily got outside.

If anything, try 3 LB's! Put Pratt/Brown/Vigil out there together.

Just totally out-schemed and coached.

And the blown coverages in the secondary. Teams run simple WR crossing routes and our DB's leave 1 WR 15 yards open.

The Steelers barely threw 10 passes past the line of scrimmage and we gave up 27 points!

And WHERE THE HELL did the pass rush go?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And WHERE THE HELL did the pass rush go?

Yep. Gone.

Really, it's hard to look at this team and be like 'THAT'S the strength of the team!'

It's not like this was some 3-0 juggernaut we played too.

Honestly, the 1st drive we moved decent, then when Hart let Bush run free on Dalton, it was like the air went out of the balloon. In the 2nd half, ZT looked shellshocked and the players seemed to break.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's no need to freak out  Panic

It's not like training camp starts next week. I'm willing to sit back and see what ZT comes up with. We had 16 seasons of ML and really never got anywhere above mediocre !

Be patient Lance

I don't suppose anyone believes that mediocre is better than utterly horrible..  
Let's vote on it.
If you pick Mediocre stand up and take a bow.
If you pick utterly horrible you are a true Bengals fan. 

Apparently utterly horrible has won the day!  WE'RE NUMBER 32! WE'RE NUMBER 32! WE'RE NUMBER 32! Chant along if you know the words. (Hint: The words are right in front of you in case you haven't noticed) 

My opinion...ZT isn't just in over his head. He's in a submarine that was sank in 1917 off the coast of France and the water is just getting deeper.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And WHERE THE HELL did the pass rush go?

(10-01-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Gone.

Really, it's hard to look at this team and be like 'THAT'S the strength of the team!'

It's not like this was some 3-0 juggernaut we played too.

Honestly, the 1st drive we moved decent, then when Hart let Bush run free on Dalton, it was like the air went out of the balloon. In the 2nd half, ZT looked shellshocked and the players seemed to break.

The pass rush was fine last week & dominated week 1. In all honesty if you're an opposing team why try to pass against us when you know you can just check it down to the RB and he will just get a first down without any problem.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote