Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco
(02-18-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unfortunately.

Man if we hired Del Rio, Nolan, or Fox...I would have been ecstatic.

Not so ecstatic for Grantham or Glenn. Honestly, I have concerns on Grantham.

Tbh, I was glad Grantham said no dice.

That said, who is left? I've heard upwards of 15 names and none worked out. 

At this point, I'm expecting to be turned down by D'Glester Hardunkachud from Coastal Carolina.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I was glad Grantham said no dice.

That said, who is left? I've heard upwards of 15 names and none worked out. 

At this point, I'm expecting to be turned down by D'Glester Hardunkachud from Coastal Carolina.

That would be embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. Its not an absolute disaster.
2. Youre not realistic, youre just another one of the whiners.
3. There is nothing wrong with how the new era is beginning. 
4. We didnt need a HR, we just need a good DC.

Last year the colts wanted mcdaniels....hired mcdaniels....and had mcdaniels screw them over a few days later. They ended up with Frank Reich who turned out to be a pretty good hire for them. In other words it doesnt matter how long the search takes, or how many candidates we shuffle through. What matters is how the guy coaches after he is hired. If he comes in and does a good job nobody will remember that other guys turned down the job, or that it took a whopping couple of weeks to make the hire.

Wow is all I can say. It is really depressing to read this response. Good for you living in fantasyland and not in reality. This coaching staff has no experience doing what they are doing, at least not successfully. I’ve heard the Colts argument before and if you look at their coaching staff and their experience you’ll realize there is no comparison. By the time this staff figures it out they’ll have lost the players. They needed a guy with clout and history of success to turn this defense around, they got neither. The players will lose confidence in this staff quickly when they feel they aren’t prepared.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 12:16 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: Wow is all I can say. It is really depressing to read this response. Good for you living in fantasyland and not in reality. This coaching staff has no experience doing what they are doing, at least not successfully. I’ve heard the Colts argument before and if you look at their coaching staff and their experience you’ll realize there is no comparison. By the time this staff figures it out they’ll have lost the players. They needed a guy with clout and history of success to turn this defense around, they got neither. The players will lose confidence in this staff quickly when they feel they aren’t prepared.

Since you see the future, what are next week's Powerball numbers? 

Hint--you'll come off as a lot less arrogant by NOT stating your opinions as fact.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 12:16 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: Wow is all I can say. It is really depressing to read this response. Good for you living in fantasyland and not in reality. This coaching staff has no experience doing what they are doing, at least not successfully. I’ve heard the Colts argument before and if you look at their coaching staff and their experience you’ll realize there is no comparison. By the time this staff figures it out they’ll have lost the players. They needed a guy with clout and history of success to turn this defense around, they got neither. The players will lose confidence in this staff quickly when they feel they aren’t prepared.

Funny how you say that Beaker's response is depressing lol

Zac Taylor says us fans will see a highly prepared coaching staff. Do you want Marv back? Will you come on here and admit you were wrong about Zac and the boys if Lou turns this Defense around and these coaches are prepared?

Highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
We need to be in HARD KNOCKS again!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 04:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need to be in HARD KNOCKS again!

Heard they wanted the Jets, but they declined. Out of the teams that can be forced to do it I’d say the Raiders makes the most sense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

I'm the one in fantasyland....yet you're the one with the crystal ball and knowledge of what's certain in the future.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funny how you say that Beaker's response is depressing lol

Zac Taylor says us fans will see a highly prepared coaching staff. Do you want Marv back? Will you come on here and admit you were wrong about Zac and the boys if Lou turns this Defense around and these coaches are prepared?

Highly doubt it.

I’m back. Gave it 4 games and couldn’t wait any longer. Welcome back to the 90s, young coach getting schooled every week.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 05:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm the one in fantasyland....yet you're the one with the crystal ball and knowledge of what's certain in the future.  Hilarious

This was too easy to predict. Fiasco may have been too kind.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:32 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: I’m back. Gave it 4 games and couldn’t wait any longer. Welcome back to the 90s, young coach getting schooled every week.

I asked if you would come back if you were wrong lol 

Easy to come back and say told you so!!!
Reply/Quote
The D has been decent no problem with the D. My problem is with Zac's offense. Lazor last season was leaps and bounds better than Taylor. through 4 games id barely rate Taylor's offense as an upgrade over Zampeze
Reply/Quote
27.5 points per game. That’s not quite Teryl Austin bad but it’s still horrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 27.5 points per game.  That’s not quite Teryl Austin bad but it’s still horrible.

We have an offense that isn't giving the D anytime to breathe. their holding up well imo.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have an offense that isn't giving the D anytime to breathe. their holding up well imo.

Part of the reason the defense is on the field so much is they can't stop the run on misdirections.

The rushing yards were hidden in the Pittsburgh game because they showed in the stats as passes...but the Steelers ran a ton of Wildcat against us. The Steelers don't run wildcat normally. They recognized we can't stop misdirection.

So getting beat to the edge, what is Lou's adjustment? He puts more DT's in to clog the middle. The Steelers easily got outside.

If anything, try 3 LB's! Put Pratt/Brown/Vigil out there together.

Just totally out-schemed and coached.

And the blown coverages in the secondary. Teams run simple WR crossing routes and our DB's leave 1 WR 15 yards open.

The Steelers barely threw 10 passes past the line of scrimmage and we gave up 27 points!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have an offense that isn't giving the D anytime to breathe. their holding up well imo.

(10-01-2019, 02:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Part of the reason the defense is on the field so much is they can't stop the run 

It's a combination of both. The offense is not staying on the field long enough, let alone scoring enough. But, the defense also struggles in stopping the run - especially misdirection plays.

Notice how in Seattle, our defense looked really good? Probably because the offense was marching all over the field AND the defense was not getting gashed by the Seahawk's running offense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's a combination of both. The offense is not staying on the field long enough, let alone scoring enough. But, the defense also struggles in stopping the run - especially misdirection plays.

Notice how in Seattle, our defense looked really good? Probably because the offense was marching all over the field AND the defense was not getting gashed by the Seahawk's running offense.

Yep.

But, we had the element of surprise in Seattle. Here, teams know our plays and can stop them. Outside of Boyd, we don't have a receiver who gets open consistently.

Uzomah and Eifert are limited.
Reply/Quote
It's only matter of time before D starts getting decimated by injuries. then they will start looking worse. because more time they are stuck on the field and tired is usually when injuries happen. were not a good D by any stretch but we are at least mediocre right now. having a historically bad D upgraded to mediocre is quite a achievement in 1 season with pretty much same players.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

But, we had the element of surprise in Seattle. Here, teams know our plays and can stop them. Outside of Boyd, we don't have a receiver who gets open consistently.

Uzomah and Eifert are limited.

Ross was being doubled all game Boyd was going against Hayden in single coverage most of the night. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ross was being doubled all game Boyd was going against Hayden in single coverage most of the night. 

That's where your 3rd WR or TE has to get open. They couldn't.

Speaking of Ross, any news on his injury?
Reply/Quote