Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I didn't think I'd cry...
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

So sorry to hear that.  He must have been pretty young.

I have been asking God for a while now...just one Super Bowl while my (88 year old) dad is here to see it with me.  

Here's to your pops raising a glass with Sam Wyche, Paul Brown, and Ken Riley.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was at this awesome little cabin in Hocking Hills with my GF.  

When he picked that ball off, and after the PTSD in me searched the field for flags, I ran naked outside yelling at the top of my lungs.

Things that came out of my mouth were crazy.  "F the steelers!  F the NFL  F every GD person who called them the Bungles!"  There was more.  It was SO LOUD, too.  I could hear my voice echo and it probably reached the Burrow's house about 20 miles away.  Then, when I went back inside (and put my pants back on), my GF was laughing hysterically and I started laughing too.

Then, I realized the wet on my face wasn't my eyes watering from the cold, but they were tears.  I picked her up with a hug and twirled her around yelling "THEY DID IT!  THEY DID IT!".  Then we dropped to the floor to celebrate with my dog, also a huge Bengals fan.  I was trying to explain to her how much this would mean to the fans and the city, but I couldn't find the words.   My voice kept breaking.

She was laughing and we facetimed my dad (who sat through all those damn losses with me at PBS) and we cheered with them. 

She told me later that all you could see outside was my white butt in the (Full) moonlight.  

I lost my voice.  I let go of a lot of hate and frustration.  I drank a shit ton of Jack Daniels.   It was a moment I won't ever forget. 

Great post mate, I am glad you got this experience, it is really deserved for you and the entire fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So sorry to hear that.  He must have been pretty young.

I have been asking God for a while now...just one Super Bowl while my (88 year old) dad is here to see it with me.  

Here's to your pops raising a glass with Sam Wyche, Paul Brown, and Ken Riley.

Hey now, no giving the feels. My dad isn't quite as old as he is in his 70s, but the sentiment is the same. I'd like us both to see a Super Bowl winning team together.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, I’m gonna enjoy the **** outta this one. Idc about other fanbases or that’s it’s only “one game.”

They just did something they haven’t done since I was 8 years old. I’m on cloud 9.

Me too, amigo.  

As exciting as the "best salary cap next year" and "free agents are going to want to come here" talk...while it is exciting, I can't let myself even thing a day forward.  I am loving this so much TODAY.

I love the vibe of this team.  They are talented, but they are fun and they are tight.  If people think that doesn't matter, listen to some of what Lapham talked about with the Bengal's Super Bowl teams.  The chemistry they had.  

Burrow is a gift.  All the obstacles he has faced in his career (college and pro) have led him to this moment a determined and focused individual.
Watching him play QB is a thing of beauty and he AGAIN played his best on the biggest stage.  

Here's to loving TODAY and enjoying this amazing ride. 
Reply/Quote
The sad thing is that I had the same feeling when AJ Green caught that pass against the Steelers and then they held Pittsburgh. I remember saying to myself "holy sh!t, we did it" only to have it ripped away.

I had that same sinking feeling when Carr drove them down. Only to literally be moved to tears and start shaking after the int. No more of the 30 years of this crap. No more shit from opposing fan bases. That BURDEN is gone.

Will we beat the Titans? Not sure, but I do know that this year was a success, regardless of what happens from here on out.
Reply/Quote
+1
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Get some goetta in that care package as well.

(01-17-2022, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I used to live in Northern Colorado and it was easy to get at King Soopers in cans. Maybe a road trip is in store for you? Joe

(01-17-2022, 11:01 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.cincinnatispecialties.com/ProductDetails.aspx/Gold-Star-Chili/Gold-Star-Chili-Chili-Seasoning-2.25oz-12-Pack/

I'd try this if shipping cans to where you live starts getting expensive. Living in Alaska, this was a game changer. 

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyCYFwCPZ-iu1mDNh0h...w&usqp=CAE]

(01-17-2022, 11:02 AM)jason Wrote: I'd always turned my nose up to it my entire life. I finally tried it 2-3 years ago. I can't believe how much I like it. Skyline, Gold Star, whichever... It's delicious.

(01-17-2022, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just don't go in expecting "chili".

It's more accurately described as "versatile meat soup" that can be added to anything from burritos, hot dogs, spaghetti, baked taters, etc...to making dip by adding sour cream or (my preference) cream cheese.

The dip with Texas toast garlic bread is yummy.

(01-17-2022, 04:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Never tried it with sour cream, but it’s sheer perfection with cream cheese. And if it ain’t broke…

(01-17-2022, 05:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just heat up a can, throw in some sour cream and cheese, mix it up real good then throw a bag of fritos in the mix. 

(01-17-2022, 05:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our go-to is with cream cheese and Frito’s scoops. Skyline dip is one of the few things my wife can make that’s actually good lol (I do most of the cooking).

Thanks guys for the info. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was at this awesome little cabin in Hocking Hills with my GF.  

When he picked that ball off, and after the PTSD in me searched the field for flags, I ran naked outside yelling at the top of my lungs.

Things that came out of my mouth were crazy.  "F the steelers!  F the NFL  F every GD person who called them the Bungles!"  There was more.  It was SO LOUD, too.  I could hear my voice echo and it probably reached the Burrow's house about 20 miles away.  Then, when I went back inside (and put my pants back on), my GF was laughing hysterically and I started laughing too.

Then, I realized the wet on my face wasn't my eyes watering from the cold, but they were tears.  I picked her up with a hug and twirled her around yelling "THEY DID IT!  THEY DID IT!".  Then we dropped to the floor to celebrate with my dog, also a huge Bengals fan.  I was trying to explain to her how much this would mean to the fans and the city, but I couldn't find the words.   My voice kept breaking.

She was laughing and we facetimed my dad (who sat through all those damn losses with me at PBS) and we cheered with them. 

She told me later that all you could see outside was my white butt in the (Full) moonlight.  

I lost my voice.  I let go of a lot of hate and frustration.  I drank a shit ton of Jack Daniels.   It was a moment I won't ever forget. 

Ha ha, great stuff SHRacer. Hilarious

Oughtta change your name to SHStreaker lol
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The sad thing is that I had the same feeling when AJ Green caught that pass against the Steelers and then they held Pittsburgh.  I remember saying to myself "holy sh!t, we did it" only to have it ripped away.

I had that same sinking feeling when Carr drove them down.  Only to literally be moved to tears and start shaking after the int.  No more of the 30 years of this crap.  No more shit from opposing fan bases.  That BURDEN is gone.  

Will we beat the Titans?  Not sure, but I do know that this year was a success, regardless of what happens from here on out.

So true Hammerstripes. It is all icing on the cake from here on. We had to win that first one, now anything is possible.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The sad thing is that I had the same feeling when AJ Green caught that pass against the Steelers and then they held Pittsburgh.  I remember saying to myself "holy sh!t, we did it" only to have it ripped away.

I had that same sinking feeling when Carr drove them down.  Only to literally be moved to tears and start shaking after the int.  No more of the 30 years of this crap.  No more shit from opposing fan bases.  That BURDEN is gone.  

Will we beat the Titans?  Not sure, but I do know that this year was a success, regardless of what happens from here on out.

That is exactly why I teared up, I could feel it being ripped away again after feeling fairly comfortable all game.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:34 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: That is exactly why I teared up, I could feel it being ripped away again after feeling fairly comfortable all game.

I wasn’t nervous until the bs roughing the passer call on the final drive. That’s when it started to feel like here we go again…

Reply/Quote
I can't say I cried. I expected them to win this game, and I was jumping around and screaming with everyone else in the stadium, but not quite moved to tears.

I will say though, I got a little choked up in week 1 vs the Vikings. When Burrow threw the first official Chase bomb and connected for 6, it all really started to set in for me that this thing might just be real. I turned to my buddy who I have season tickets with and said to him: "This changes everything for this team."

I drove to Morgantown WV two weeks before and listened to a dude rail on the Bengals for taking Chase. I listened to the betting analyst call the pregame show and belittle the pick to Ken Broo and tell him how Chase couldn't catch anything.

That first long bomb opened up the idea that really big things were possible for this team.
Reply/Quote
I got a little misty eyed, then I went to the back yard, let out a very loud Who Dey and a few "it's overs"! Then I played the Who Dey song on a loop for about an hour. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I can't say I cried. I expected them to win this game, and I was jumping around and screaming with everyone else in the stadium, but not quite moved to tears.

I will say though, I got a little choked up in week 1 vs the Vikings. When Burrow threw the first official Chase bomb and connected for 6, it all really started to set in for me that this thing might just be real. I turned to my buddy who I have season tickets with and said to him: "This changes everything for this team."

I drove to Morgantown WV two weeks before and listened to a dude rail on the Bengals for taking Chase. I listened to the betting analyst call the pregame show and belittle the pick to Ken Broo and tell him how Chase couldn't catch anything.

That first long bomb opened up the idea that really big things were possible for this team.

My favorite was Mike Tannenbaum saying the Bengals should be kicked out of the league for taking Chase. Preferring Sewell (or whoever) was always one thing, but it was the over the top crap like that that makes the year Chase is having even more satisfying.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My favorite was Mike Tannenbaum saying the Bengals should be kicked out of the league for taking Chase. Preferring Sewell (or whoever) was always one thing, but it was the over the top crap like that that makes the year Chase is having even more satisfying.

The best were the memes making fun of him for his interview where he said he was dropping passes because the ball was bigger.

I hope he wrecks the league for the next 8 years.  A lot of guys in the national media had a lot of laughs at his expense, and now they are all kissing his ass.  I love it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: My brother for whatever reason is a Raiders fan. And after I bought him all that Jacksonville gear since he’s a clemson fan and Lawrence went there lol

My brother is a Raiders fan too. We texted during the game. One of us was going to get off the Schneid Saturday. Glad it was us. Even he was happy for all us long suffering fans. He's my older brother, he knows all too well how long I've been in the wagon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My favorite was Mike Tannenbaum saying the Bengals should be kicked out of the league for taking Chase. Preferring Sewell (or whoever) was always one thing, but it was the over the top crap like that that makes the year Chase is having even more satisfying.

Was this video recorded? Lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:03 PM)magikod Wrote: Was this video recorded? Lol

Starts at 1:05

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-general-manager-if-bengals-dont-draft-penei-sewell-they-should-be-disbanded
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote