Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I didn't think I'd cry...
(01-16-2022, 10:33 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: What is Skyline?

It’s a local chili restaurant chain. It’s actually more of a Mediterranean meat sauce than traditional chili. They put it on spaghetti with cheddar cheese (it’s called a 3-way). It’s delicious, and the food that the city is most known for.

[Image: Skyline3WayConeyHotSauce__50392.1557347030.jpg?c=2]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a local chili restaurant chain. It’s actually more of a Mediterranean meat sauce than traditional chili. They put it on spaghetti with cheddar cheese (it’s called a 3-way). It’s delicious, and the food that the city is most known for.

Thanks for the answer.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:25 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I didn’t cry but I held back some tears. I’m 39 and this has been haunting me for a while. Thanks to all the guys on this team and the coaching staff. This win meant a lot to me.

Same age as me brother. No doubt this win means a ton. Rock On

(01-16-2022, 01:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was 23 the last time they won and when Pratt intercepted that last pass, I was at a sports bar and leaped to my feet yelling "31 YEARS!!! 31 YEARS!!! THIRTY . . . ONE . . . YEARRRRRS!!!"

I already had my jacket on because I was dead set positive that they were going to go for two if they scored. I walked over to the very cool 65-70 year old Raider/49er fan/Bay Area transplant, shook his hand while wishing him luck against Dallas tomorrow and walked out before Burrow took the last snap . . . I felt the tears coming and didn't want to look pathetic in public. I lost my Mom in August and if I would have watched that kneel down live, I would have not been able to hold back those tears.

I came home, popped on the game on Game Pass, boiled up some spaghetti noodles with basic store brand sauce and thought while eating "Damn this tastes so good right now".

God bless you man, sorry about your Mom.

Great win and hopefully many to come which I believe will happen. 

(01-16-2022, 01:34 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I knew I’d get emotional. It’s been along time coming.

My wife took a video of me and my friends, and watching it gave me chills. I imagine what I felt in that moment is what every other Cincinnatian and Bengals fans all over the globe felt.

It’s a good day to be a Bengals fan.

Yes sir Johnny. Cool

(01-16-2022, 04:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Such a phenomenal win. My wife is a Seahawks fan, but she wore the Bengals jersey I bought her, 11 years ago, today. She was right there with me today. She knows the frustration and when Pratt came down with that INT, she screamed and pumped her arms just as much as I did.

I'm just so thrilled that we finally have the playoff monkey off our back. Now it's time to get the Super Bowl. 

DAMN MONKEY!!! GITTTT!!!!Smack
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a local chili restaurant chain. It’s actually more of a Mediterranean meat sauce than traditional chili. They put it on spaghetti with cheddar cheese (it’s called a 3-way). It’s delicious, and the food that the city is most known for.

Do they sell it on the interwebz?

Never had me Skyline, have heard you guys talk about it forever...
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do they sell it on the interwebz?

https://cincyfavorites.com/shop/skyline-chili/chili/just-send-me-chili-8-or-24-cans/
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:35 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: https://cincyfavorites.com/shop/skyline-chili/chili/just-send-me-chili-8-or-24-cans/

Thanks Bengal Dude, gonna order me some and give it a try. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Heart 
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

Yeah my grandfather passed away about 1 month prior to the draft we selected Burrow #1 overall.

As with most Bengals fans, the draft was a huge excitement for us. We would always get a magazine or two with all the college players ranked by position, etc. 
Anyways, the last few months all he would talk about is how Joe Burrow was going to be the next Joe Montana, etc. 

When we drafted Burrow I know my grandpa was looking down from up above. He said drafting Chase Young over Joe Burrow, would be the worst  mistake in franchise history.

Well this past game against the Raiders, about a minute left in the game and I got this weird (weird isn't the best word but its hard to explain), feeling felt like my grandfather was in the room with my father & I watching the final plays of the game. 

Never experienced anything like that before in my life.
But yeah I miss my pops CryCry

-magikod
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Bengal Dude, gonna order me some and give it a try. Smirk

Get some goetta in that care package as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Get some goetta in that care package as well.

They sell goetta at the Dublin, Ohio Kroger store (Columbus, Ohio)

only krogers in all of columbus that i can find goetta at
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do they sell it on the interwebz?

I used to live in Northern Colorado and it was easy to get at King Soopers in cans. Maybe a road trip is in store for you? Joe
Reply/Quote

It can also be made from scratch, or semi-scratch. 

https://www.thechunkychef.com/copycat-skyline-cincinnati-chili/     

google "Cincinnati chili recipe packet"

Skyline is just one of many versions of Cincinnati chili. There are a few Cincy Chili restaurants around like Blue Ash Chili or Camp Washington Chili for example. Personally I like Blue Ash Chili over Skyline, but Skyline over Gold Star.

If you do decide to make it or order the chili pre made, use a good cheddar cheese you shred yourself. Onions should be as finely chopped as can be (if using them). 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

https://www.cincinnatispecialties.com/ProductDetails.aspx/Gold-Star-Chili/Gold-Star-Chili-Chili-Seasoning-2.25oz-12-Pack/

I'd try this if shipping cans to where you live starts getting expensive. Living in Alaska, this was a game changer. 

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyCYFwCPZ-iu1mDNh0h...w&usqp=CAE]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Bengal Dude, gonna order me some and give it a try. Smirk

I'd always turned my nose up to it my entire life. I finally tried it 2-3 years ago. I can't believe how much I like it. Skyline, Gold Star, whichever... It's delicious.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:01 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.cincinnatispecialties.com/ProductDetails.aspx/Gold-Star-Chili/Gold-Star-Chili-Chili-Seasoning-2.25oz-12-Pack/

I'd try this if shipping cans to where you live starts getting expensive. Living in Alaska, this was a game changer. 

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyCYFwCPZ-iu1mDNh0h...w&usqp=CAE]

It is also possible to make friends via the message board here and have the cans of skyline shipped. 

I was looking at the website and it was crazy how expensive they are!!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Bengal Dude, gonna order me some and give it a try. Smirk

Just don't go in expecting "chili".

It's more accurately described as "versatile meat soup" that can be added to anything from burritos, hot dogs, spaghetti, baked taters, etc...to making dip by adding sour cream or (my preference) cream cheese.

The dip with Texas toast garlic bread is yummy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just don't go in expecting "chili".

It's more accurately described as "versatile meat soup" that can be added to anything from burritos, hot dogs, spaghetti, baked taters, etc...to making dip by adding sour cream or (my preference) cream cheese.

The dip with Texas toast garlic bread is yummy.

Never tried it with sour cream, but it’s sheer perfection with cream cheese. And if it ain’t broke…

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:26 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Wives... they just don't get it !   :)

My wife was screaming with me.  And so was my daughter. So to her future husband, you're welcome.

(01-17-2022, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I used to live in Northern Colorado and it was easy to get at King Soopers in cans. Maybe a road trip is in store for you? Joe

Which part? I lived in Fort Collins for almost 14 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Never tried it with sour cream, but it’s sheer perfection with cream cheese. And if it ain’t broke…

I just heat up a can, throw in some sour cream and cheese, mix it up real good then throw a bag of fritos in the mix. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But when Pratt came down with that football, it just came out.

30 years of pain. 30 years of guys like Gus Frerotte and (bless him) Jon Kitna. Ki-Jana. Reinard. My dude Jeff Blake.

0-7 with Marv. Seeing good cores like Palmer/Chad/Housh etc and Dalton/Green/Eifert etc go to waste.

I literally looked at my smiling Wife like a child and kept saying "they won a playoff game". It's finally over, fellas. Congrats!

Who Dey

I was at this awesome little cabin in Hocking Hills with my GF.  

When he picked that ball off, and after the PTSD in me searched the field for flags, I ran naked outside yelling at the top of my lungs.

Things that came out of my mouth were crazy.  "F the steelers!  F the NFL  F every GD person who called them the Bungles!"  There was more.  It was SO LOUD, too.  I could hear my voice echo and it probably reached the Burrow's house about 20 miles away.  Then, when I went back inside (and put my pants back on), my GF was laughing hysterically and I started laughing too.

Then, I realized the wet on my face wasn't my eyes watering from the cold, but they were tears.  I picked her up with a hug and twirled her around yelling "THEY DID IT!  THEY DID IT!".  Then we dropped to the floor to celebrate with my dog, also a huge Bengals fan.  I was trying to explain to her how much this would mean to the fans and the city, but I couldn't find the words.   My voice kept breaking.

She was laughing and we facetimed my dad (who sat through all those damn losses with me at PBS) and we cheered with them. 

She told me later that all you could see outside was my white butt in the (Full) moonlight.  

I lost my voice.  I let go of a lot of hate and frustration.  I drank a shit ton of Jack Daniels.   It was a moment I won't ever forget. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just heat up a can, throw in some sour cream and cheese, mix it up real good then throw a bag of fritos in the mix. 

Our go-to is with cream cheese and Frito’s scoops. Skyline dip is one of the few things my wife can make that’s actually good lol (I do most of the cooking).

Reply/Quote