Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
The Bengals have had success drafting late round WRs Chad Johnson and TJ come to mind. Marvin Jones also....

Theres some nasty Safeties we could snag.

I dont like Braxton and I dont like Mike Thomas. I do think the Bengals war room is gonna surprise some people.

PRETTY PLEASE no WR
Reply/Quote
If it's Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, why not? If we're reaching for guys like Fuller or Thomas, no thanks. I love Sterling Shepard, but in the end, our picks don't really worry me. The Bengals usually go with best available, meaning I take every prediction with a grain of salt. The Bengals pick will likely be more determined by what happens in the picks before them versus what they need.
Reply/Quote
I'd only go WR in first if Coleman, Treadwell or Doctson are there... If not.. go BPA..

DT, LB, Center... are positions to look out for..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson... a late round WR...

k
Reply/Quote
Dr Tobin has his list, we will get another stud, just don't think its gonna be a WR in the 1st this yr
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't even remember the last pass catcher this team took in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 11:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't even remember the last pass catcher this team took in the first round.

A.J. Green?

Besides A.J. Green, the Marvin Lewis era hasn't taken a WR before the 3rd round. Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Mohamed Sanu, Chris Henry and Kelley Washington were all 3rd round picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 11:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't even remember the last pass catcher this team took in the first round.

(04-27-2016, 12:27 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: A.J. Green?

Wrong.  It was Eifert.
Reply/Quote

Besides A.J. Green, the Marvin Lewis era hasn't taken a WR before the 3rd round. Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Mohamed Sanu, Chris Henry and Kelley Washington were all 3rd round picks.

Jerome Simpson was a 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
a lot will depend on how zamp runs the offense. The addition of Lazor would suggest more of the spread/zone read passing concepts.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to REACH for a WR in the first round, but I would be fine if we get a good WR at #24.
Reply/Quote
I'll take treadwell or doctson in the 1st if those guys aren't available then billings karl joseph or ryan Kelly

Then go Boyd or shepard in the 2nd
Reply/Quote

As Fred said, Simpson was a 2nd round pick.

But I think that list helps the argument that maybe they should get a WR in the 1st.

Shipley was injury prone
Caldwell never really did much even with reps
Sanu did decent but kind of fell off
Henry was VERY good his first 2 seasons, but drastically fell and then obvious off the field problems
Washington didn't really do much either
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 10:13 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: The Bengals have had success drafting late round WRs     Chad Johnson and TJ come to mind. Marvin Jones also....

Theres some nasty Safeties we could snag.

I dont like Braxton and I dont like Mike Thomas. I do think the Bengals war room is gonna surprise some people.

PRETTY PLEASE no WR

The Top 3 WR's of this class may be = to the mid round WR's in past drafts. I will say No to Thomas and B.Miller but I would love to get Doctson or Treadwell. Getting one of these WR's is getting more and more unlikely. If Doctson, Treadwell or even Coleman are gone I would go with best CB,DE,DT on the board. I have this horrible feeling that we will draft a C with our first pick regardless.
Reply/Quote
Coleman or Doctson would both be great picks. I just don't like Treadwell's speed, or Fuller's slender, fragile-looking build.

So, if we can't get Coleman or Doctson, here are some other ideas: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama; Billings, DT, Baylor; Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama;Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson; William Jackson, CB, Houston; Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA.

Idea: Trade with our old buddy Jay Gruden in Washington to jump up ahead of Houston and get the receiver we want. It's only about three slots, and shouldn't cost us too much.
Reply/Quote
I do want a first rounder pretty badly and heres my rrankings, doctson (probably going to the Vikings, rumored to love him,he even retweets Vikings fans the most. Coleman I think hes Steve Smith the 2nd, treadwell is anquon boldin the 2nd, Michael Thomas is close to demarius Thomas, then Fuller, take the top off a defense guy. I do really like shepherd and boydo,but it's chancy on hoping they are there at 55, what if they ain't then we are screwed.we NEED a #2 wr that can play right away.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 03:09 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Coleman or Doctson would both be great picks. I just don't like Treadwell's speed, or Fuller's slender, fragile-looking build.

So, if we can't get Coleman or Doctson, here are some other ideas: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama; Billings, DT, Baylor; Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama;Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson; William Jackson, CB, Houston; Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA.

Idea: Trade with our old buddy Jay Gruden in Washington to jump up ahead of Houston and get the receiver we want. It's only about three slots, and shouldn't cost us too much.

But the thing is,Marvin will never trade up he values picks too much to do that,he did throw out the possibility of moving back,to get a extra late round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 04:11 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: But the thing is,Marvin will never trade up he values picks too much to do that,

And this is a very smart position.

The draft is much more of a crap shoot than anyone wants to admit.  Even the best teams have first round picks that flop.  The best way to increase your chances of getting a good player is to have the most picks.  It is so hard to really tell which players are better than others it does not make sense to trade away picks.
Reply/Quote
Mario Alford breakout season
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I think this may be one of the most split years as far as what fans want.

We need a center, and some want that route. We need a DT, and there will be plenty of top talent guys there. We could use a WR, CB, S, LB... and there will be talent at all those positions.

But the thing that's pretty awesome is people are so split because (in my opinion) this is one of the few years in the last couple decades where you can't point to a position and say "Damn, we're sunk if we don't draft someone there." There's always going to be a vocal few saying we're going to have a rough year if we don't improve a line or get someone in the backfield or whatever, but you can't look at any position and say for sure a rookie is going to come in and improve that spot. There's no consensus "we have to fix" position.

I look forward to the draft every year, but unless we take a tackle or a punter in the first, this may be the first year I just celebrate whoever comes off the board.
Reply/Quote