Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail
(09-06-2022, 12:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Housh, weren't you the same guy that posted that Mixon hasn't fumbled in over X number of carries literally 5 seconds before he fumbled for the first time in X number of carries?

You better hope Burrow comes nowhere close to "failure" this sunday or we're all going to be mad at you. lol

Aw. Look at you go, Mr. "no injuries" guy!   Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He's the man, no doubt, but I think the Bears game was a failure. We should've blown them out, but three straight picks sunk us. You also could potentially make the case that he failed at OSU.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's the man, no doubt, but I think the Bears game was a failure. We should've blown them out, but three straight picks sunk us. You also could potentially make the case that he failed at OSU.

Yep. And EVERYONE fails. Even Brady, or he wouldn't have been a 6th Round pick that was a backup until Bledsoe got hurt.
Reply/Quote
Ravens game his rookie season.

When he played Bama for first place in the SEC West in '18.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens game his rookie season.

Well his whole Junior year was meh. Arguably, the elite QB's go pro after 3 years of college. Burrow was there 5. I doubt that was his intent.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And EVERYONE fails. Even Brady, or he wouldn't have been a 6th Round pick that was a backup until Bledsoe got hurt.

Right..... everyone. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right..... everyone. 

I'm a little concerned about the fanbase.

They seem to view Burrow as some warrior that wins constantly. No one can live up to those expectations.

Burrow is an elite QB, but there are probably 8-10 of them in the NFL. And having an Aaron Rodgers didn't guarantee the packers multiple SB wins over the past 10 years or so.

We've progressed to the perennial playoff team level. There's no playoff success guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
First browns game last year was another just below the bears game. he was in that i will just chuck it mode. it was after that he seemed to realize you can't in fact say f it ja' marr is down there somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a little concerned about the fanbase.

"Joe Burrow can win games just by the force of his will!!"*

*as long as the Bengals score more points than their opponents.
Reply/Quote
The dude was beat out by Dwayne Haskins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens game his rookie season.

See i didn’t get hip to Burrow until the year they won

Think that was 2019 cause Chase took off 2020. I’m old though i don’t remember so well.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude was beat out by Dwayne Haskins

And Haskins in college was better than Burrow the year they had their position battle
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:16 PM)Housh Wrote: And Haskins in college was better than Burrow the year they had their position battle

Yeah, an example of Burrow failing.. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:16 PM)Housh Wrote: And Haskins in college was better than Burrow the year they had their position battle

Burrow was mediocre until his senior year. His junior year wasn't bad, but he wasn't top pick good.

He's had elite weapons too. Jefferson and Chase. Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. Throwing a 10 yard pass to Chase and letting him run 60 yards is pretty big for a qb.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Joe Burrow can win games just by the force of his will!!"*

*as long as the Bengals score more points than their opponents.

Yep. I guess it wasn't his will for us to win the SB or 7 regular season games.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a little concerned about the fanbase.

They seem to view Burrow as some warrior that wins constantly. No one can live up to those expectations.

Burrow is an elite QB, but there are probably 8-10 of them in the NFL. And having an Aaron Rodgers didn't guarantee the packers multiple SB wins over the past 10 years or so.

We've progressed to the perennial playoff team level. There's no playoff success guaranteed.

Everything makes Burrow stronger and better, including jinxy-ass thread like this.  Burrow is like 1980's Hulk Hogan...even landing your finisher on him just makes him stronger and makes him win.

Side note, you gotta love wrasslin' logic and the Hulkster.  HEY, I got it...you know how in wrestling when people get hit by devastating moves they get like...hurt and more likely to lose?  How about when I get hit by a devastating move it makes me stronger and more likely to win!  It's genius!

As a kid who was a "smart mark" it was pretty upsetting trying to convince myself the Macho Man had a shot against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania V.  What do you say?  NO don't land that flying elbow that instantly leads to you beating everyone else on earth on Hulk Hogan...you'll lose 30 seconds later!  Ya just can't win.  

Imagine that in football terms.  Hulk Burrow is such a good QB you're going to go up 49-0 on him and then he's going to get mad and win 30 seconds later.  Ok rant over.
Reply/Quote
Although it wasn't necessarily his fault that knee injury wasn't exactly a rip roaring success..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everything makes Burrow stronger and better, including jinxy-ass thread like this.  Burrow is like 1980's Hulk Hogan...even landing your finisher on him just makes him stronger and makes him win.

Side note, you gotta love wrasslin' logic and the Hulkster.  HEY, I got it...you know how in wrestling when people get hit by devastating moves they get like...hurt and more likely to lose?  How about when I get hit by a devastating move it makes me stronger and more likely to win!  It's genius!

As a kid who was a "smart mark" it was pretty upsetting trying to convince myself the Macho Man had a shot against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania V.  What do you say?  NO don't land that flying elbow that instantly leads to you beating everyone else on earth on Hulk Hogan...you'll lose 30 seconds later!  Ya just can't win.  

Imagine that in football terms.  Hulk Burrow is such a good QB you're going to go up 49-0 on him and then he's going to get mad and win 30 seconds later.  Ok rant over.

The notion that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..Kind of nonsense.. I had a heart attack a few years ago and in February has major surgery that didn't kill me, but it sure as hell didn't make me stronger.. I spent 4 months on my ass looking at the TV..  I guess my remote control button pushing finger got marginally stronger, but that's about it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: The notion that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..Kind of nonsense.. I had a heart attack a few years ago and in February has major surgery that didn't kill me, but it sure as hell didn't make me stronger.. I spent 4 months on my ass looking at the TV..  I guess my remote control button pushing finger got marginally stronger, but that's about it. 

I believe the medical term for it is a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:16 PM)Housh Wrote: See i didn’t get hip to Burrow until the year they won

Think that was 2019 cause Chase took off 2020. I’m old though i don’t remember so well.

Quote:And Haskins in college was better than Burrow the year they had their position battle

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not talking about any of that. I didn't care about him then. I am talking about last year and his Heisman campaign only, excluding every game he played poorly in. Bears game? Nah, he played well in the 4th. Doesn't count. The Cleveland game? Nope. He was still recovering from his knee injury. The man could barely walk."
Reply/Quote