Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/6/12800960/boomer-esiason-still-disgusted-bengals-wild-card-actions-solomon-wilcots-fires-back

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy? Boomer to me just seems so salty that these past few Bengals teams have been unlike any of the teams he ever played for and he's jealous that he isn't a part of it.

It really is embarassing having this guy represent us as a former player when he doesn't even support the team. His shit attitude towards the team gives way for non-Bengals fans to continue trashing us.

Also, I'm not sure how people feel about the Kaepernick situation (I really don't care tbh), but Boomer's comments on that were pathetic as well. He wants to talk about how the Bengals crapped themselves last year in the playoffs, well maybe he should stop continually shitting himself on the national stage.

Okay, sorry, rant over. Seriously though, this guy needs to get a grip. He makes us look like shit.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 02:48 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/6/12800960/boomer-esiason-still-disgusted-bengals-wild-card-actions-solomon-wilcots-fires-back

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy? Boomer to me just seems so salty that these past few Bengals teams have been unlike any of the teams he ever played for and he's jealous that he isn't a part of it.

It really is embarassing having this guy represent us as a former player when he doesn't even support the team. His shit attitude towards the team gives way for non-Bengals fans to continue trashing us.

Also, I'm not sure how people feel about the Kaepernick situation (I really don't care tbh), but Boomer's comments on that were pathetic as well. He wants to talk about how the Bengals crapped themselves last year in the playoffs, well maybe he should stop continually shitting himself on the national stage.

Okay, sorry, rant over. Seriously though, this guy needs to get a grip. He makes us look like shit.

Boomer sounds like exactly what he is... an angry old white guy.  I don't think he is jealous.  After all he was a league MVP and one of his teams went to the Super Bowl.  Watch him on CBS or Showtime and he seems to relish taking opinions which are different from the other hosts, that he enjoys picking "fights" with them.

Thing to remember though, it is not these guy's job to support the team. They are not employees of the Bengals and they don't cash any checks with Mike Brown's signature at the bottom. In fact, there are probably quite a few who still have some resentment towards Mike Brown from their time in Cincinnati. Remember this was not always a great place to be.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why people on here expect Boomer to bear some allegiance to the team when it comes to being on air. He's just doing his job and being objective. I'm sure deep down he's rooting for the team, but what kind of audience would that get him if he consistently slobbered over us.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It is kind if a no win situation. I have heard him called a Bengals homer a million times and a traitor a million times. If he gives them any credit he is a homer, any criticism and he is an ungrateful prick. I think he does a good job of trying to be honest in his assessment, and he is at least as competent as most of the so called "experts" on TV and radio. I actually enjoy listening to him on Westwood One when I am listening to a game in the car.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Loved him as a Bengals QB. Could care less about his opinions on anything. Y'all nailed it. He's just an angry old white dude who'd love to be the next Rush Limbaugh. Reminds of my fascist brother in law who used to be a Cincinnati municipal court judge. Oh the shit he pulled. Sick
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's just making a living. He might be more of a Jet than a Bengal anyway. If you grow up on LI, those home ties run very deep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lol, this article: "Following the Bengals’ loss to the Steelers, many fans wanted to see the Bengals cut ties with Adam Jones and Vontaze Burfict..."

Maybe a few fans wanted that, but many? Seriously? Guy's just trying to make our fanbase sound ********.

99.5% of Bengals fans understand that without Burfict or Jones, the Bengals would have been blown out in the postseason game, if they had even made the postseason at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol, this article:  "Following the Bengals’ loss to the Steelers, many fans wanted to see the Bengals cut ties with Adam Jones and Vontaze Burfict..."

That's funny because I (and most other Bengal fans) have been waiting for that bad ass player to bring in some serious attitude to our defense. He brings in a whole new level of excitement. I finally feel with him on the team and we play against the Steelers they are the ones intimidated not us going out on that field intimidated like years past. Cant wait to see Burfict back on the field as tough as ever and make a few more level headed decisions in the moment. They will be watching his every move looking for another reason to suspend him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:14 PM)McC Wrote: He's just making a living.  He might be more of a Jet than a Bengal anyway.  If you grow up on LI, those home ties run very deep.

I always think of him as a Bengal, but I notice it's a split in the media. Some call him a former Jet, some a former Bengal. 
Reply/Quote
In fairness, I've seen Boomer have very good things to say about the recent Bengal teams as well. I've watched him pick the Bengals in big or prime-time games and get lambasted for it. 

I've always found Boomer to be pretty damn fair. He says critical things when he sees stuff he doesn't like, but he'll also defend them when he thinks it's warranted. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, I've seen Boomer have very good things to say about the recent Bengal teams as well. I've watched him pick the Bengals in big or prime-time games and get lambasted for it. 

I've always found Boomer to be pretty damn fair. He say critical things when he sees stuff he doesn't like, but he'll also defends them when he thinks it's warranted. 

I also think he is vested in the team emotionally and when they lose, like us getting very angry. Im sure more so for him being a former Bengal and like all athletes, being super competitive. Imagine being him sitting next to ex Steeler players/coaches and hearing it from them off screen after the Bengals lose big games? I bet it kills him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In fairness, I've seen Boomer have very good things to say about the recent Bengal teams as well. I've watched him pick the Bengals in big or prime-time games and get lambasted for it. 

I've always found Boomer to be pretty damn fair. He says critical things when he sees stuff he doesn't like, but he'll also defend them when he thinks it's warranted. 

Agreed,

It bothers me way more when some talking head blasts the Bengals and clearly doesn't know what he's talking about ! Talking about players that aren't even on the team anymore, we don't have a good DT, etc. They just repeat what others have said and jump on the bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

It bothers me way more when some talking head blasts the Bengals and clearly doesn't know what he's talking about ! Talking about players that aren't even on the team anymore, we don't have a good DT, etc. They just repeat what others have said and jump on the bandwagon.

Legitimate question: how often does this happen now?  For the most part, this team gets a lot of love and recognition in the media.  Yes, they bring up the playoff futility, but it is something that deserves to be mentioned.  I don't see many national analysts who don't have a good working knowledge of the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 02:48 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Boomer to me just seems so salty that these past few Bengals teams have been unlike any of the teams he ever played for and he's jealous that he isn't a part of it.

Um, what?  The '89 Bengals makes any of these recent teams look like a big bag of dicks.  Why exactly would he be jealous of teams that lose in the Wild Card round?

Man, some of you are so sensitive when it comes to this stuff.  Boomer his paid to give an opinion, in a forum that is relevant on a national level.  He's not working for WKRC or 700 where he can be a puppet like Dave Lapham.  You're never going to see the same level of support or fandom from a player who is working for national program.  He most likely wouldn't be on there if he wasn't capable of at least appearing to be unbiased.  Same goes for Collinsworth.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Legitimate question: how often does this happen now?  For the most part, this team gets a lot of love and recognition in the media.  Yes, they bring up the playoff futility, but it is something that deserves to be mentioned.  I don't see many national analysts who don't have a good working knowledge of the team.

I'm not talking about right now, last week or any recent examples. But believe you me I've seen it numerous times in the past !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not talking about right now, last week or any recent examples. But believe you me I've seen it numerous times in the past !

Right, but that past was a long time ago...
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of Boomer the commentator but loved his play action fake.

Anyway, who was not embarrassed about the way we lost ?

There were some serious mental mistakes made that can not be denied.

Yet do not think anything was dirty or non correctable. Am fine with all of their play on field.

But will have to be more intelligent in close games of that sort of magnitude.

It took 3 big mistakes in a row plus a cheating ref to blow that game. Still shaking my head but would rather put it in the past and look forward.

Longest, wettest, coldest, quietest, ride home of my life after that debacle.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Twixt Boomer and Collinsworth, we probably have the saltiest ex-players ever.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Right, but that past was a long time ago...

Carry on
Reply/Quote

Agreed on this. Boomer has sided with the Bengals on numerous occasions. He's the only one on CBS who seems to point out Cowher picking the Steelers as nothing more than a homer pick. The other have no problem with it. If he takes the Bengals, then he's the dumbass.

You also have to believe that Boomer is still salty over the playoff loss. He pats us on the back and it looks like we're about to go over the hump until we just melt down. He was probably ready to pop the champagne on the set.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote