Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the left to give me their position on illegal immigration.
(02-22-2017, 02:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't say the borders were open, but they do leak a lot.

Besides interlocking sectors of fire, how do you fix that?
(02-22-2017, 05:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Besides interlocking sectors of fire, how do you fix that?
Tag and release program ?
We (CIA) pay Mexican citizens to accept a deeply injected chip, possibly powered by a Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator ?
I'm gonna do a round table discussion in class tomorrow about immigration. Students were suppose to write their own questions after watching a documentary on immigration.

Anyone have a good question they'd like to hear a 16 year old answer regarding immigration? I'll ask these questions and report back.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-23-2017, 07:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm gonna do a round table discussion in class tomorrow about immigration. Students were suppose to write their own questions after watching a documentary on immigration.

Anyone have a good question they'd like to hear a 16 year old answer regarding immigration? I'll ask these questions and report back.

Not sure of the scope of their readings but I would ask about Japan's policies and what is their opinion of them. They are very exclusive but you never here them refereed to as Islamiphobic

What is their opinion on should a Naturalized Citizen swear allegiance to the country to which they immigrated

Their views on assimilation

How mad are they that they didn't get the good teacher. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-23-2017, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure of the scope of their readings but I would ask about Japan's policies and what is their opinion of them. They are very exclusive but you never here them refereed to as Islamiphobic

Why would they? Their restrictions aren't on race or religion. Like a couple other countries, they don't all anyone in permanently. They're more peoplephobic.

Which, I've said before, I would be more inclined to us being than what we've got now. Either close the borders completely or fix the system.
(02-23-2017, 08:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Why would they? Their restrictions aren't on race or religion. Like a couple other countries, they don't all anyone in permanently. They're more peoplephobic.

Which, I've said before, I would be more inclined to us being than what we've got now. Either close the borders completely or fix the system.
Had no idea you were one of Pat's students.

(02-23-2017, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Had no idea you were one of Pat's students.
one never stops learning.
(02-23-2017, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Had no idea you were one of Pat's students.

Pat sure is a teacher. 
(02-24-2017, 08:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pat sure is a teacher. 
Army guys sure are observant.
(02-23-2017, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure of the scope of their readings but I would ask about Japan's policies and what is their opinion of them. They are very exclusive but you never here them refereed to as Islamiphobic

We watched a documentary on local politics and illegal immigration, so this was not as relevant. A great question for next year (Modern World History) as there is a whole unit on Japan. 

Quote:What is their opinion on should a Naturalized Citizen swear allegiance to the country to which they immigrated

I didn't get a chance to ask this one to my first two classes. If I can ask my last class, I will report back.

Quote:Their views on assimilation

I posed this as "Do immigrants have a responsibility to assimilate to their new culture?". There was a mix of responses. My first class has a lot more 1st and 2nd generation students, so they were more on the "No, as long as you do not pose a threat with your views". 

My 2nd class has more students who do not have immigrant relatives, and I can sum their views up as "Try to learn English and be as American as you can, but there's nothing wrong with holding onto your customs. Find a balance."

I also asked if we should have open borders. Good debate there. One kid said "no", so I asked if we had an obligation to prevent human and drug trafficking across the border if there were open borders. Most think we need a form of security. 

Quote:How mad are they that they didn't get the good teacher. 

"It could be worse, we could go to Kentucky schools". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2017, 12:46 AM)Benton Wrote: one never stops learning.

A wise man never stops learning. I see folks everyday that stopped learning a long time ago.

(02-24-2017, 09:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Army guys sure are observant.

Of Federal holidays. 
(02-24-2017, 04:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Of Federal holidays. 
To sum up my opinion as a proud "leftist":
In an ideal world there are no borders. We don't live in an ideal world - our imaginary lines will continue to mean something for the foreseeable future. 
I believe that there are many undocumented immigrants within the country who are good people who have done nothing wrong aside from not having the means/know-how to attain citizenship.  
Illigal immigration creates problems for society by forcing vulnerable people into an "underclass", where they can be taken advantage of and can be leveraged against normal citizens. It is often intermingled with problems such as wage theft, prostitution, human trafficking, tax evasion, and drug smuggling. 
Most illegal immigrants enter the country legally with temporary work visas but don't leave, rendering a wall quite useless in the majority of cases.
Due to the sheer amount of people who are undocumented and the vast amount of precious resources that would be required to deport all of them, I believe that a program that offers "truth and reconciliation" would be in everyone's interests. Illegals should be allowed to declare who they are, what they do, and why they should be allowed to stay. Most who declare honestly and in good faith should be granted amnesty.