Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
What do we do. We have no depth behind them. The free agent market is very thin. We will obviuosly draft a WR or two if this happens, but do we want to rely on rookies at both #2 and #3 WR?

Would you give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Cordarrelle Patterson? A third?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do we do.  We have no depth behind them.  The free agent market is very thin.  We will obviuosly draft a WR or two if this happens, but do we want to rely on rookies at both #2 and #3 WR?

Would you give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Cordarrelle Patterson?  A third?

He's got some issues regarding route running doesn't he?  Maybe look at Bouldin for cheap in the slot?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do we do.  We have no depth behind them.  The free agent market is very thin.  We will obviuosly draft a WR or two if this happens, but do we want to rely on rookies at both #2 and #3 WR?

Would you give the Vikings a 2nd round pick for Cordarrelle Patterson?  A third?

I continue to draft talent and stay the course.

Why give a high pick for a guy that cant crack the field in Minn.  
Trust the process.  It got us here.
Reply/Quote

Do you realize how terrible of a WR Cordarrelle Patterson is?

I keep pushing for Percy Harvin; he is the perfect reclaimation project and could be had for nothing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burn the 24th on Braxton Miller
Trade AJM for draft picks
Bring in Harvin and Boldin

Try to make it all work.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burn the 24th on Braxton Miller

Try to make it all work.

Harvin is a literal headache does he even stay on the field i guess only if hes happy if not he has a migraine.

Boldin is on his last leg he is slower than sanu i believe. he would have been nice to have a few years ago.

and Miller is not worth a 1st rounder.... imo that would be an al davis first rounder... there are many more productive WRs coming out of college.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burn the 24th on Braxton Miller

Try to make it all work.

Braxton is a great athlete, but he's been hurt a lot and he's got very little experience as an actual WR. He looked good at SB practices but he's not quite there yet. 2nd round for sure...24 might be a reach. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Harvin is a literal headache   does he even stay on the field  i guess only if hes happy if not he has a migraine.

Boldin is on his last leg he is slower than sanu i believe.  he would have been nice to have a few years ago.

and Miller is not worth a 1st rounder.... imo  that would be an al davis first rounder... there are many more productive WRs coming out of college.

Fair enough on all points even though I didn't read your suggestion. Miller is NOT worth a first rounder you are correct but he is also a QB and we can use that to trade a bench player for more draft picks (AJM is not our QB/Let the kid shine somewhere else/we need other things now/he just became a luxury) and essentially "make up" the difference for drafting Miller at #24. 

Reply/Quote
My thinking has been they'll try to sign one of them, replace the other with someone with a lot of years on them in FA, and draft a couple receivers between the 3-5 rounds. So either Marivn, Sanu or a vet as the #2, and grooming the WR to take over that spot.

This plan involves a lot of prayer that Green or Eifert stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burn the 24th on Braxton Miller

Try to make it all work.

Spending a 1st round pick on Miller..... Um no.

I love Braxton and if he's there in the 3rd id take him in a heart beat, but he's so raw and new to the position.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Trade for Josh Gordon.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to keep these guys BUT I have to admit the crazy scenarios going on in this thread all sounds pretty interesting.
Reply/Quote
Draft Corey Coleman or get Rishard Matthews and get a WR in 3rd or 4th to be 3rd receiver.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you realize how terrible of a WR Cordarrelle Patterson is?

Yes, unfortunately I do.  the problem is that I watched him play every game in college and he was one of the most incredible players with the ball in his hands that I have ever seen.

If a coach could straighten out a few problems with his game he could be one of the most dangerous weapons in the league.  

His field-vision, change-of-direction skills, and pure explosiveness are as good as Harvin, but Patterson is 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

He is one of those athletes that you really have to watch to appreciate.  I can't imagine that he is so lazy and/or stupid that he can not make himself a better WR option.  but he has been in the league 3 seasons and gotten worse each year.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:06 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Spending a 1st round pick on Miller..... Um no.

I love Braxton and if he's there in the 3rd id take him in a heart beat, but he's so raw and new to the position.

How raw is he at QB though? My scenario pertaining to this thread topic relies heavily on getting value for AJM. Without that, forget everything I have suggested pertaining to Braxton Miller.  The thread topic suggests we simply cannot afford to keep AJM. So, instead of trying to find a #2/#3 receiver AND a #2 QB thus possibly burning 2 picks...why not just take the CHANCE in the all in 1 player and use the AJM pick(s) for another team need?

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, unfortunately I do.  the problem is that I watched him play every game in college and he was one of the most incredible players with the ball in his hands that I have ever seen.

If a coach could straighten out a few problems with his game he could be one of the most dangerous weapons in the league.  

His field-vision, change-of-direction skills, and pure explosiveness are as good as Harvin, but Patterson is 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

He is one of those athletes that you really have to watch to appreciate.  I can't imagine that he is so lazy and/or stupid that he can not make himself a better WR option.  but he has been in the league 3 seasons and gotten worse each year.

Have you heard the guy talk? I'm going with stupid.
Reply/Quote
Patterson would be a huge upgrade over Tate in the return game, not even close. But if I spent a 2nd rounder on him in a trade, I would figure out ways on offense to get him the ball outside of being a traditional receiver (since he is quite bad in that role). I dont know if that would be justified though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 04:02 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Patterson would be a huge upgrade over Tate in the return game, not even close. But if I spent a 2nd rounder on him in a trade, I would figure out ways on offense to get him the ball outside of being a traditional receiver (since he is quite bad in that role). I dont know if that would be justified though.

we could run him like sanu but we have 2 pretty good backs to do that job.

He is big and fast but that doesnt help if you cant play a position
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He is big and fast but that doesnt help if you cant play a position

Agree 100%, but he also has elite field-vision and open field running skills.

It seems like there would be some way to get the ball in his hands several times a game.
Reply/Quote
If both are gone, it's obviously WR No.1 without a doubt. Then, another one in FA. But my strategy would be to go all out to keep Marvin Jones. Sanu's good, but we can live without him. By the way, I think Sanu is in a pretty good spot, but he thinks he's underutilized. He may be in for a rude awakening if he leaves.
Reply/Quote