Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ima say this and it is what it is
(08-16-2022, 10:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He threw the rest of the OL under the bus after the Super Bowl. He said something like "don't blame me, wasn't my fault." That didn't sit well with me. He deleted the tweet shortly after. 

That being said, I am not sure its enough to warrant not bringing him back. I dont know how the rest of the team views Spain, though. He could be a punchline and very disliked throughout the locker room for all we know.

Yeah, I remember there being a thread on here about that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:01 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No its not good enough for me nor should it be for any Bengals fan.   The Bengals lost the Super Bowl because of the very poor Oline play and Spain was a large part of that problem with his 20 something Super Bowl PFF and his 46 PFF for the entire playoffs.   Do you want this same performance from the LG position for the next playoffs?  because I guarantee you the Bengals will face elite defenses again.  Do you want to see a repeat performance by Spain?

he was INJURED in the playoffs going against the best DT's in the league

so if Cappa hurts himself and performs poorly in the playoffs against an elite DT, should the bengals move on from him too?
Reply/Quote
Apparently Trey Hill is a dark horse for LG as well according to Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He threw the rest of the OL under the bus after the Super Bowl. He said something like "don't blame me, wasn't my fault." That didn't sit well with me. He deleted the tweet shortly after. 

No he didn't throw anyone under the bus.  That never happened.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he didn't throw anyone under the bus.  That never happened.

What do the words "don't blame me" imply, if not shifting the blame for a bad result onto someone other than oneself?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do the words "don't blame me" imply, if not shifting the blame for a bad result onto someone other than oneself?

He never tweeted that.
Reply/Quote
Spain and Simmons had a back and forth after the Tenn game. Then after The SuperBowl the following tweets happened:

Quote:“Damn 67…” was all Simmons needed to say after the game, referencing Spain’s jersey number.

Spain didn’t wait long to respond. “Don’t damn me I know you was watching the whole game waiting for me to mess up and next time just @ me ok like I did you,”

So apparently "Don't damn me" has changed to "Don't blame me".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:42 AM)Housh Wrote: I don’t like Carmen not practicing at if his elbow isn’t drastically hurt….

You are being gifted the opportunity to be the pencilled in starter based off NOTHING but your draft status. And you tweak your elbow a little bit and you have the nerve to take a practice off and allow Volston to get YOUR 1st team reps?

Carmen is looking to me like he doesn’t really care about working for his spot.

I don’t know him, idk how hurt his elbow is but I’m sorry.

Housh, dude at least know the player's names on your own team. His name is Jackson CarMAN.

Cordell Volson played great though, Carman played okay against the Cards, let in a sack but he played pretty good from
what I saw and I watched Carman and Volson play just now. I liked what I saw from the interior besides Trey Hill with the
bad snap and fumble.

Adeniji and Prince were just terrible, Prince made CarMAN look worse than he actually was.

Still, I really like Cordell Volson alot. This guy is good and Cochran at RT was taking dudes down.

I liked what I saw honestly besides Adeniji, Prince and Trey Hill. We need to upgrade over these guys.
Reply/Quote