Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
(12-28-2019, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if we ramp up the draft success and FA moves there is plenty of evidence to support the fear that ZT is going to hamper JBs development and/or success. 

Disagree that 2 QBs in 15 years is “plenty of evidence.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I get your point but Bo Jackson did indeed tell the Bucs to stick it when they had the first overall pick in the 1986 draft.

Fair enough but that was 33 years ago.
And regarding Eli, Although he went on to win 2 rings i personally think the Chargers got the better QB when they traded for Rivers

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:22 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Fair enough but that was 33 years ago.
And regarding Eli, Although he went on to win 2 rings i personally think the Chargers got the better QB when they traded for Rivers

I don't care for Rivers throwing motion but yeah, I agree. Eli just knew how to win against the Patriots for some reason.

Rivers has been a very good to great QB over his career. I like the guy too, sometimes it has looked like Eli was just itching
to throw games away. Eli has been good and he played great in the big game twice though, never got to see that with Rivers.

Draft Burrow after we fire coaches, namely the HC. I like Zac but this isn't working clearly.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:22 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Fair enough but that was 33 years ago.

To be fair also, there was more to the Bo story aside from him just not wanting to play for a particular team because they were bad.  From wikipedia. 

Quote:A month prior the Buccaneers had quickly fallen out of favor with Jackson when owner Hugh Culverhouse took him on a private jet to visit with the team during his senior baseball season. Jackson was told by the Buccaneers that the trip, which ultimately cost Jackson his remaining collegiate baseball eligibility, had been cleared by the NCAA and SEC when it had not. Jackson was upset that Culverhouse lied to him in an attempt to coerce him into signing to their team, and insisted that he would never play for the Buccaneers.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:34 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: To be fair also, there was more to the Bo story aside from him just not wanting to play for a particular team because they were bad.  From wikipedia. 

Not cool by the owner, understand Bo here.

Didn't know that.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree that 2 QBs in 15 years is “plenty of evidence.”

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I'm saying ZT looks like he may very well be a HC who is so marginal that any time he spends with Burrow could be declared wasted or not counting. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I'm saying ZT looks like he may very well be a HC who is so marginal that any time he spends with Burrow could be declared wasted or not counting. 

Ah ok. I thought you meant the old “no QB can win here” evidence. Taylor definitely sucks as a HC and a play caller, but he did help Goff a bit, so who knows.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah ok. I thought you meant the old “no QB can win here” evidence. Taylor definitely sucks as a HC and a play caller, but he did help Goff a bit, so who knows.

I wouldn't say no QB can win here, but no QB we've had in the nearly 30 year MB era won here.  I doubt we win more if we spent the past 16 years starting 20 QBs like the Browns, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what if Carson does call Joe?  I mean, what's he going to say?  "Joe, this is Carson.  Yes, Carson Palmer, you know the rich privileged kid from California"..  "Yeah, after the culture shock of moving to the Midwest, and the team refusing to let me dictate GM moves from the sidelines and all, I just couldn't cut it there any longer.".   Mellow

ThumbsUp   ThumbsUp   ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer needs to get over himself and quit whining about Cincinnati. He's just still butthurt Dalton took over his team and took it to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Burrow is an Ohio kid, he knows the score. You can also be he knows he comes here, he gets to play with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon and Gio Bernard. He's going to have offensive weapons.....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Carson Palmer needs to get over himself and quit whining about Cincinnati. He's just still butthurt Dalton took over his team and took it to the playoffs 5 years in a row. Burrow is an Ohio kid, he knows the score. You can also be he knows he comes here, he gets to play with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon and Gio Bernard. He's going to have offensive weapons.....

Ehh, I doubt Palmer is butthurt over Dalton, rather the two would probably have some sort of bizarre camaraderie from both playing the bulk of their career in the Mike Brown system.  Hats off to Dalton for going to the playoffs 5 years in a row, but we're on to 4 losing seasons in a row now and we are looking down the barrel of a 2-14 or 1-15 season.  I doubt Palmer was butthurt over the 5 playoff seasons in a row and I doubt he's going to go all "Nyeah nyeah" on Dalton because Dalton was on a team that managed to make the 2010 squad look competent.

The Palmer/Chad era was a bust and now the Dalton/Green era is likely over with higher highs and lower lows, but both eras are heavy with the stink of Mike Brown's system limiting success.  I'm pulling for Burrow, but I'm also aware that he could be starting out with a situation that makes it look like Palmer and Dalton were drafted by the Patriots.  

But like you said, Joe Burrow knows the Mike Brown-era Bengals are a mess (that's probably why he grew up a Saints fan) so hopefully he can drag the Brown family up the proverbial mountain.
Reply/Quote
Get real guys. Carson soured on Mike Brown and his miserly bulls*** just like many of us have. He left at the right time for him, but I’m fairly certain if he had stayed and got to play with the likes of AJ Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Eifert, etc. that we still make the playoffs from 2011-2015. And very likely win a playoff game (even with Marvin coaching the team). We’ll never know for sure, but Palmer was a rare talent. If people didn’t get all bent out of shape about his 2008 Ohio State comments he would probably be hailed as a hero for telling Mike Brown to suck it.
Reply/Quote
If I was Joe, I'd be asking my agent to look into other options. It wouldn't surprise me if we traded the number one pick because he won't want to play here, which if course will never be revealed to us.

What Mike brown and co.has done with this team over the years, if it was me, I'd do anything I could to prevent me from playing in Cincinnati.
No more super deals for rookies..,.I'd be trying to work my way out of this one if I was Joe. Mike brown either doesn't care, is terrible at his job or both. The record speaks for itself. The sample size is quite large.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: It would not be a positive talk about having a career in Cincinnati. Carson has been very vocal as of late for his disdain with Mike Brown.

Imagine him telling Joe , your career will be over before it begins. Then Carson goes on to tell Joe his experience with Brown and the front office.

I wonder if it would be convincing that Burrow would pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bengals?

On a side note, I was watching Inside The NFL this week and Brandon Marshall was sending a message to Burrow saying don’t go to Cincinnati, it will be the death of your QB career and you have so much to offer.

Mike Brown wouldn’t play that. He would dig his heels in and refuse to trade him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 04:19 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If I was Joe, I'd be asking my agent to look into other options.  It wouldn't surprise me if we traded the number one pick because he won't want to play here, which if course will never be revealed to us.

What Mike brown and co.has done with this team over the years, if it was me, I'd do anything I could to prevent me from playing in Cincinnati.
No more super deals for rookies..,.I'd be trying to work my way out of this one if I was Joe.   Mike brown either doesn't care, is terrible at his job or both.  The record speaks for itself.  The sample size is quite large.

I imagine Burrow will be quite happy to return home and play in Ohio, where he can set up charities to help his hometown.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: It would not be a positive talk about having a career in Cincinnati. Carson has been very vocal as of late for his disdain with Mike Brown.

Imagine him telling Joe , your career will be over before it begins. Then Carson goes on to tell Joe his experience with Brown and the front office.

I wonder if it would be convincing that Burrow would pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bengals?

On a side note, I was watching Inside The NFL this week and Brandon Marshall was sending a message to Burrow saying don’t go to Cincinnati, it will be the death of your QB career and you have so much to offer.

Carson Who?  I already forget the guy
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Whatever moves Carson wanted Brown to make were probably good ideas. But the fact remains, the year we let him and Chad go, 2 rookies took us to the playoffs 5 years straight. Our recent struggles started when we let Whitworth go and Green started getting hurt. A healthy Jonah and upgrades at G and RT would be a good place to start building around him. Mixon, AJ, Boyd, Ross, Tate are all really good players. We have some playmakers just need to get healthy. It shouldnt be too hard to convince him he could do well here.

Not due to Whitworth.  The problem was we didn't replace talent with talent, whether players or coaching.  Don't forget Whit was here when the wheels fell off.  In fact, we had one more win our first year without him over our last year with him.  The demise fell from letting Jones, Jr. and Sanu walk out the door; and handing the offense to Ken Zampese with Jackson moving on.
Reply/Quote
I liked Palmer and don’t blame him for complaining about the way the Bengals are run the same things us fans complain about for years. Palmer wasn’t some pretty boy soft player some are making him out to be. He came back from two devastating ACL injuries with the Bengals and Cardinals and recovered from an Elbow injury on his throwing arm that some said required tommy John surgery. The Bengals went to 5 straight playoff games after Palmer but Palmer ultimately won playoff games with the Cardinals a feat the Bengals haven’t accomplished in almost 30 years.
Reply/Quote
What if Jesus came down from heaven and told Joe that he needed to go to Cincinnati... ??? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good point. Did anyone watch Joe’s Heisman speech? Kid has perspective on what’s really important.

I read that as, "Joe Heisman."

Immediately thought, "what TF does that idiot have to do with Burrow? And doesn't he mean Theismann?"

(12-28-2019, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if we ramp up the draft success and FA moves there is plenty of evidence to support the fear that ZT is going to hamper JBs development and/or success.

There's actually 0 evidence, but keep shitposting.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote