Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
(01-02-2020, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is only 24 years old.  The Bengal front office that he knows about over the last 15 years or so has outperformed many other NFL teams.

Annnnnnnnnd cue the Fred cherry-picked timeline...

If Burrow knows about the last 15 years, he also knows the Bengals have absolutely ZERO to show for their run of slightly better than average play. No titles, no Playoff wins, a few implosions, and a few punchlines. This “run” is quickly sinking back towards the 90’s with each passing season of ineptitude. Despite that run of slightly better than average, Mike Brown still sports a career winning percentage of .407. Stared another way: terrible.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
well, Burrow can always show he is the right QB with the wrong team. Kinda like Dillon u know.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think you are putting way too much stock in ZT, but to each his own. 

Zac Taylor’s track record indicates at best he’s fool’s gold. In other words, he road McVay’s coattails to a HC gig despite underwhelming at all stops as an OC. His first season as HC didn’t provide any evidence to the contrary. He’s in over his head, but so are the people that hired him.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:51 AM)jason Wrote: We'll be dogging Joe Burrow in 10 years... Book it.

Carson did the same thing fans are doing right now. If this, this, and this doesn't change; we're gone, and ain't coming back til it does.

In ten years Mike will likely be feeding the worms and Katie/Troy will be playing hardball with their QB from a European chalet cellphone connection.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 09:31 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: In ten years Mike will likely be feeding the worms and Katie/Troy will be playing hardball with their QB from a European chalet cellphone connection.

Evil never does my friend!!!!

But you're probably right...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 09:26 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Zac Taylor’s track record indicates at best he’s fool’s gold.  In other words, he road McVay’s coattails to a HC gig despite underwhelming at all stops as an OC.  His first season as HC didn’t provide any evidence to the contrary.  He’s in over his head, but so are the people that hired him.

Right.

Results tell the truth.

He hasn't produced when it's his full responsibility.

At this point it's all just a smoke & mirrors show.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:45 AM)GodFather Wrote: The thing that cracks me up most about this thread is STILL after all these years how people are so upset with Carson and still call him a cry baby quitter.

I'll say it again, what would you do if you spent your entire life grooming yourself to be on a SB winning team and playing for the Bengals and thinking you could change Mike Browns culture and over the years realize this stubborn old man isn't gonna change a thing cause hes fine with status quo on how the organization operates.

As a result of first hand experience he wanted to play for a team he felt had a chance to win.

So he becomes a quitter and a baby? Id do that too in a heartbeat, why does Mike Brown get to dictate a mans future? Why aren't we calling Mike Brown a quitter for all the players he released or didn't re-sign over the years that would've clearly helped us win?

But Carson is alot of peoples ex girlfriend who left them for a more successful guy. I dont get it.....

Carson reinvigorated this franchise and i'm hoping Burrow comes in and does the same thing, but with one big difference .....we win in the post season and go deep...

Agree GF. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:20 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

Results tell the truth.

He hasn't produced when it's his full responsibility.

At this point it's all just a smoke & mirrors show.

Dalton was not the right QB for his scheme. Next year will be different.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton was not the right QB for his scheme. Next year will be different.

I'm not defending Dalton here but what the hell exactly is Zac's scheme? LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not defending Dalton here but what the hell exactly is Zac's scheme? LOL

Go Shotgun on 4th and 1 and run Dalton against the Bills man....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not defending Dalton here but what the hell exactly is Zac's scheme? LOL

His scheme is to improve the mess Marvin left and bring the Bengals into respectability. You knew that but just wanted me to tell the rest of them, right? You Dalton Gangers act like he screwed the pooch this year when he lost three of five starters on the o-line and Hart was one of the two  that remained. I know any one could have won the super bowl with those players (damn you Zac). Then pro bowl wr and #3 wr are out most of the season(damn you Zac). Deer in the headlights Dalton played his usual unspectacular season (damn you Zac). People who expected anything but what happened this year are delusional.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Go Shotgun on 4th and 1 and run Dalton against the Bills man....

Don't forget the Cardinals... Mixon missed that magical block that would have made Andy the hero of the day.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 12:09 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: His scheme is to improve the mess Marvin left and bring the Bengals into respectability. You knew that but just wanted me to tell the rest of them, right? You Dalton Gangers act like he screwed the pooch this year when he lost three of five starters on the o-line and Hart was one of the two  that remained. I know any one could have won the super bowl with those players (damn you Zac). Then pro bowl wr and #3 wr are out most of the season(damn you Zac). Deer in the headlights Dalton played his usual unspectacular season (damn you Zac). People who expected anything but what happened this year are delusional.

You can pile up all of the excuses but he still did some stupid shit along the way.

Dalton sucks and has proven it.

Taylor has not proven a damn thing from his career.

QB coach for the Rams.  Big f'n deal.

Any other position of importance he's had he's sucked at.

Why would Cincy be any different?

Just keep on deflecting.

There are many that say Taylor needs to stop calling plays .

WHY DO YOu SUPPOSE THEY SAY THAT??

Because he sucks at it. 
Reply/Quote
Welcome to Cincy, Burrow! Please drag our owner/GM and coaching staff to victory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 11:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Welcome to Cincy, Burrow!  Please drag our owner/GM and coaching staff to victory.

Tobin and Blackburn will swing by to pick you up for their Walmart FA shopping spree !!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 09:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Annnnnnnnnd cue the Fred cherry-picked timeline...

Good luck convincing Burrow that what happened before he was born is more important than what has happened over the last 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 10:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton was not the right QB for his scheme. Next year will be different.

So it was all Daltons fault and these are the facts to prove it

(01-04-2020, 12:09 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  he lost three of five starters on the o-line and Hart was one of the two  that remained. I know any one could have won the super bowl with those players (damn you Zac).

Then pro bowl wr and #3 wr are out most of the season(damn you Zac). 

Makes perfect sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So it was all Daltons fault and these are the facts to prove it

Makes perfect sense.

Makes just as much sense as blaming everything on Zac after one year while old Andy has had nine years to prove himself.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 05:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Makes just as much sense as blaming everything on Zac after one year while old Andy has had nine years to prove himself.

How many Bengals QB's with 100 starts have a winning record?

This may help you.

https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Cincinnati_Bengals_starting_quarterbacks
We will wait for your answer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote