Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
(01-02-2020, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Burrow may have been from Ohio, but that doesn't mean he knows how the Bengals are run. Someone earlier said he grew up a Saints fan. If that's true, I guarantee you he doesn't really know what the Bengals front office is like. Not like us. I bet anything that I - someone who doesn't live within an 8 hour drive of Cincinnati - know more about Mike Brown's ineptitude than someone living in Ohio that's not a Bengals fan.

I'm sure he knows about the bengals front office now! From Ohio or not, he knows!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:01 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I'm sure he knows about the bengals front office now! From Ohio or not, he knows!

He is from Ohio and he chose to be a Saints fan...I'd say he knows about the state of Ohio football franchises.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:01 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I'm sure he knows about the bengals front office now! From Ohio or not, he knows!

(01-02-2020, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He is from Ohio and he chose to be a Saints fan...I'd say he knows about the state of Ohio football franchises.

He is only 24 years old.  The Bengal front office that he knows about over the last 15 years or so has outperformed many other NFL teams.
Reply/Quote
He's a QB so he probably likes Drew Brees. Hello?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's a QB so he probably likes Drew Brees. Hello?

Oh come-on. He shouldve been idolizing Dalton and his 0 playoff wins and 4-20 record without AJ Green the whole time lol. Who's this Brees guy lol? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is only 24 years old.  The Bengal front office that he knows about over the last 15 years or so has outperformed many other NFL teams.

So he had a great team in Ohio to root for and he still decided that wasn't good enough and he had to root for another team?  Now I'm worried he's gonna pull an Eli.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So he had a great team in Ohio to root for and he still decided that wasn't good enough and he had to root for another team?  Now I'm worried he's gonna pull an Eli.

Not "great", but not such a hopeless wreck that he would refuse to come play here.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He is from Ohio and he chose to be a Saints fan...I'd say he knows about the state of Ohio football franchises.

Here's the real story on where he's from, and perhaps how he came to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Burrow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not "great", but not such a hopeless wreck that he would refuse to come play here.

I hear ya, im just cracking wise.  Though I'm from Pittsburgh and Im a Bengals fan so im the biggest dunce of them all.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the real story on where he's from, and perhaps how he came to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Burrow

Wow thats impressive. So before he moved to Ohio he lived and played in Fargo ND, with very cold winters. Comes from a family loaded with professional and college athletes. This dude is truly impressive and I like him even more after reading that.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 08:21 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Wow thats impressive. So before he moved to Ohio he lived and played in Fargo ND, with very cold winters. Comes from a family loaded with professional and college athletes. This dude is truly impressive and I like him even more after reading that.   ThumbsUp

That also explains why he originally wanted to play his college ball at Nebraska, his father played there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The premise of this thread is ridiculous, but not for the reasons some have stated. It's because Joe Burrow, and people his age don't talk on the phone. He'd be like "OMG Carson follow me on Insta or get at me on Snap.".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: It would not be a positive talk about having a career in Cincinnati. Carson has been very vocal as of late for his disdain with Mike Brown.

Imagine him telling Joe , your career will be over before it begins. Then Carson goes on to tell Joe his experience with Brown and the front office.

I wonder if it would be convincing that Burrow would pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bengals?

On a side note, I was watching Inside The NFL this week and Brandon Marshall was sending a message to Burrow saying don’t go to Cincinnati, it will be the death of your QB career and you have so much to offer.

Imagine Joe Burrow calling him a cry baby quitter who didn't have the kahunas to finish what he started and never amounted to anything. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I'm saying ZT looks like he may very well be a HC who is so marginal that any time he spends with Burrow could be declared wasted or not counting. 
Didn't he coach Goff to the SB? Isn't that how he got hired as a Hc from being a QB coach? Because he could get anything from Dalton doesn't mean he won't get anything from Burrow. You can't expect to get blood from a turnip. (Dalton)
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Didn't he coach Goff to the SB? Isn't that how he got hired as a Hc from being a QB coach? Because he could get anything from Dalton doesn't mean he won't get anything from Burrow. You can't expect to get blood from a turnip. (Dalton)

He got blood from a turnip from Goff. Maybe Zac Taylor didn't, but somebody did. Maybe it was Aaron Donald or Todd Gurley or something... I dunno.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is only 24 years old.  The Bengal front office that he knows about over the last 15 years or so has outperformed many other NFL teams

we will see how much info he knows when the draft rolls in!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:47 PM)RASCAL Wrote: we will see how much info he knows when the draft rolls in!

I wonder if he knows about Carson's famous Go-Longer Hotdog ad? That might creep him out a bit lol.
Reply/Quote
The thing that cracks me up most about this thread is STILL after all these years how people are so upset with Carson and still call him a cry baby quitter.

I'll say it again, what would you do if you spent your entire life grooming yourself to be on a SB winning team and playing for the Bengals and thinking you could change Mike Browns culture and over the years realize this stubborn old man isn't gonna change a thing cause hes fine with status quo on how the organization operates.

As a result of first hand experience he wanted to play for a team he felt had a chance to win.

So he becomes a quitter and a baby? Id do that too in a heartbeat, why does Mike Brown get to dictate a mans future? Why aren't we calling Mike Brown a quitter for all the players he released or didn't re-sign over the years that would've clearly helped us win?

But Carson is alot of peoples ex girlfriend who left them for a more successful guy. I dont get it.....

Carson reinvigorated this franchise and i'm hoping Burrow comes in and does the same thing, but with one big difference .....we win in the post season and go deep...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 10:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Imagine Joe Burrow calling him a cry baby quitter who didn't have the kahunas to finish what he started and never amounted to anything. 

I think Carson would take that hypothetical softball, and point out that that's pretty rich coming from someone who transferred because they didn't think they could beat out JT Barrett or Dwayne Haskins. Then he'd probably point out that there's a pretty good chance the fans will be saying the same about Burrow on his way out the door... It's kinda what we do.

Carson's a quitter.
Dalton's a choke artist.
If you take away x amount of games Geno hasn't done anything in 3 years.
Peko just jumps on the pile.
Dunlap got paid and got lazy.
Chad was cool til he was Ocho, then it was selfish.
I've really soured on AJ since he jacked up his ankle...faker.

Did I miss any of them?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:45 AM)GodFather Wrote: The thing that cracks me up most about this thread is STILL after all these years how people are so upset with Carson and still call him a cry baby quitter.

I'll say it again, what would you do if you spent your entire life grooming yourself to be on a SB winning team and playing for the Bengals and thinking you could change Mike Browns culture and over the years realize this stubborn old man isn't gonna change a thing cause hes fine with status quo on how the organization operates.

As a result of first hand experience he wanted to play for a team he felt had a chance to win.

So he becomes a quitter and a baby? Id do that too in a heartbeat, why does Mike Brown get to dictate a mans future? Why aren't we calling Mike Brown a quitter for all the players he released or didn't re-sign over the years that would've clearly helped us win?

But Carson is alot of peoples ex girlfriend who left them for a more successful guy. I dont get it.....

Carson reinvigorated this franchise and i'm hoping Burrow comes in and does the same thing, but with one big difference .....we win in the post season and go deep...

We'll be dogging Joe Burrow in 10 years... Book it.

Carson did the same thing fans are doing right now. If this, this, and this doesn't change; we're gone, and ain't coming back til it does.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote