Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Imagine Carson Palmer Calling Joe Burrow?
(01-03-2020, 12:49 AM)jason Wrote: I think Carson would take that hypothetical softball, and point out that that's pretty rich coming from someone who transferred because they didn't think they could beat out JT Barrett or Dwayne Haskins.

I wish there was such a thing as "double rep".

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I wish there was such a thing as "double rep".

ThumbsUp

Urban Meyer and THE OSU are such a bastion of NFL QBs.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Didn't he coach Goff to the SB? Isn't that how he got hired as a Hc from being a QB coach? Because he could get anything from Dalton doesn't mean he won't get anything from Burrow. You can't expect to get blood from a turnip. (Dalton)

I think you are putting way too much stock in ZT, but to each his own. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think you are putting way too much stock in ZT, but to each his own. 

Well Goff got to the SB with Zac there and this year he regressed to the point they didn't make the POs. 
Reply/Quote
I dont feel like Carson was a bad guy for wanting out of Cinci. He had enough. Thats just it. Our defense wasnt very great and Ocho was a distraction in the locker room. When Carson ripped the name off the back of Chad's jersey in that one game, it spoke volumes to me.

If I had my way, Carson wouldve stayed and had a epic rookie in AJ Green to pass to, but it was too late. Carson was a great QB for us and brought us back to being a respectable team. He didnt believe in Mike Brown either. High 5 on that Carson we pretty much all agree with you.

I dont feel too bad about Carson, but if he were to actually call Joe Burrow and make this thread come true, I would think very poorly of him hands down.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well Goff got to the SB with Zac there and this year he regressed to the point they didn't make the POs. 

And we became a 2 win team.  Saying ZT is a good QB coach doesn't exactly bode well since he's our HC and only got 2 wins out of our "win now" QB. 

If hes a QB coach he should be demoted to one so we can get a real HC for Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well Goff got to the SB with Zac there and this year he regressed to the point they didn't make the POs. 

Hilarious 

2018 Rams....#5 pass offense....#3 rush offense
2019 Rams....#4 pass offense....#26 rush offense
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:46 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont feel like Carson was a bad guy for wanting out of Cinci. He had enough.

If he wanted out then he should never have signed the contract extension.

It is ridiculous for him to claim that he played here three years and knew nothing about the front office.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:49 AM)jason Wrote: I think Carson would take that hypothetical softball, and point out that that's pretty rich coming from someone who transferred because they didn't think they could beat out JT Barrett or Dwayne Haskins.

Justin Fields and Jacob Eason couldn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia.

Welcome to the new Era of Transfer QBs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he wanted out then he should never have signed the contract extension.

It is ridiculous for him to claim that he played here three years and knew nothing about the front office.

Well, you may be spot on. None of us really know "all" the details. However this article and comment may offer some more perspective if you havent seen it yet. Here is a quote from Carson about signing his 2005 mega deal...and some more about his convo with Brown at the end of his time here.

Palmer details signing his mega-contract in 2005 under the impression the team would keep close friend Jon Kitna as his backup.

“They didn’t re-sign him and just disrespected him on his way out the door,” Palmer said to NFL Films. The quarterback goes on about feeling the need for a general manager and to “modernize.”

Then he recollects his confrontation with Mike Brown following the 2010 season.

“Maybe a day or two after the season I called Mr. Brown and said, ‘Hey, can we talk? You have to be aggressive in pursuit of winning,’ ” Palmer said. “I told him how I was feeling. I wasn’t getting the answers I wanted. We get into it again and it’s getting heated. I’m frustrated, I’ve been thinking about all this for a couple years but it’s coming to a boiling point for me and I’m sure the same for him.”

Palmer’s one line about Brown offers the crux of the standoff that left a black eye on his Bengals tenure.

“He’s a very, very, very stubborn man,” Palmer said. “I might be more stubborn than him.” 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/16/bx-carson-palmer-finally-tells-his-side-story-cincinnati-bengals-football-life/1327204002/
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he wanted out then he should never have signed the contract extension.

Palmer and Dalton both probably should have tested their options elsewhere in hindsight.  Hopefully the front office doesn't lead Burrow down a similar path of "You knew what you were getting into!" 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Well, you may be spot on. None of us really know "all" the details. However this article and comment may offer some more perspective if you havent seen it yet. Here is a quote from Carson about signing his 2005 mega deal...and some more about his convo with Brown at the end of his time here.

Palmer details signing his mega-contract in 2005 under the impression the team would keep close friend Jon Kitna as his backup.

“They didn’t re-sign him and just disrespected him on his way out the door,” Palmer said to NFL Films. The quarterback goes on about feeling the need for a general manager and to “modernize.”

Then he recollects his confrontation with Mike Brown following the 2010 season.

“Maybe a day or two after the season I called Mr. Brown and said, ‘Hey, can we talk? You have to be aggressive in pursuit of winning,’ ” Palmer said. “I told him how I was feeling. I wasn’t getting the answers I wanted. We get into it again and it’s getting heated. I’m frustrated, I’ve been thinking about all this for a couple years but it’s coming to a boiling point for me and I’m sure the same for him.”

Palmer’s one line about Brown offers the crux of the standoff that left a black eye on his Bengals tenure.

“He’s a very, very, very stubborn man,” Palmer said. “I might be more stubborn than him.” 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/09/16/bx-carson-palmer-finally-tells-his-side-story-cincinnati-bengals-football-life/1327204002/

I'm sorry, but as I read this the main thing going through my mind is Carson is FOS. I do not imagine he got into a "heated" argument with the owner who signed his mega millions check, and for him to talk about how bad Kitna was treated, Jon sure doesn't seem to be upset with the Bengals. I suspect he was pissed because little brother Jordan wasn't going to be resigned....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sorry, but as I read this the main thing going through my mind is Carson is FOS. I do not imagine he got into a "heated" argument with the owner who signed his mega millions check, and for him to talk about how bad Kitna was treated, Jon sure doesn't seem to be upset with the Bengals. I suspect he was pissed because little brother Jordan wasn't going to be resigned....

And you could be right. I dont think us fans will ever really know it all. The only thing I can relate Palmer wanting out to is Ocho being a total sideshow distraction and Mike Brown not being a good owner. Those are just the things I could see at the time from a fans perspective. NFL is a busines though bottom line. Nobody can force a player to be happy where they are at. Im sure there are many reasons he wanted out, and that could even include that he didnt like living in Ohio as much as he did warmer sunnier weather. That could include some selfish, whiny butthead things too. Im sure he was part of the issue as well. But I do think one thing we can all agree on is the fact Mike Brown runs things the way he does and its never been very good and is in need of change.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect he was pissed because little brother Jordan wasn't going to be resigned....

That would make more sense if Jordan had followed him to Oakland and/or AZ.
Reply/Quote

Correct me if i'm wrong. 

Palmer signed an extension in Dec of 2005, right before the playoffs, in his third year, after a season that put him in top 3 QB discussions, with a very good team around him that had just won in Pitt. 

FIVE YEARS LATER, he's had enough of the organization and calls MB out on it (which i've now come around to agreeing with 100%) and you say he's a hypocrite for signing the extension if he was so fed up?

get
the
outta
here

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Whatever moves Carson wanted Brown to make were probably good ideas. But the fact remains, the year we let him and Chad go, 2 rookies took us to the playoffs 5 years straight. Our recent struggles started when we let Whitworth go and Green started getting hurt. A healthy Jonah and upgrades at G and RT would be a good place to start building around him. Mixon, AJ, Boyd, Ross, Tate are all really good players. We have some playmakers just need to get healthy. It shouldnt be too hard to convince him he could do well here.
Dalton has exceeded my expectations, his problems were exposed when as you say the Oline went bad, but almost any QB would look worse behind a bad Oline.  No LT and RT?  What QB remains upright for a season?  Dalton has done ok.  The problem isn't Bengals being the death of a QB.  It's Mike Brown.  He gets lucky here and there with coaching hires like Gruden, Zim and Marvin but Brown is focused exclusively on his family's nickel with football excellence not really a top consideration.  That's Burrow's problem.
Reply/Quote
You sure make a great case for fans to keep rooting for the Bengals...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Fields and Jacob Eason couldn't beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia.

Welcome to the new Era of Transfer QBs.

It's all nonsense anyway... It was just brought up that Joe Burrow could call Carson a quitter. I'm certain he wouldn't do such a thing, but if he did...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Should have returned a pro rated amount of the up front money.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious 

2018 Rams....#5 pass offense....#3 rush offense
2019 Rams....#4 pass offense....#26 rush offense

Same yds 10 fewer TDs 6 more ints. 15 point lower QBR Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote