Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperative now we draft Oline 2/3 round
After the below average job of addressing our Oline in FA and passing on the top lineman in the draft with with 1st pick, I believe it is imperative we draft Oline 2/3 round this draft. Right now we are looking at having 4 starters from one of the worst lines in the NFL on opening day and a injury or two away from weak backups...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After the below average job of addressing our Oline in FA and passing on the top lineman in the draft with with 1st pick, I believe it is imperative we draft Oline 2/3 round this draft.  Right now we are looking at having 4 starters from one of the worst lines in the NFL on opening day and a injury or two away from weak backups...

Well since that appears to be the plan, shouldn't be a problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After the below average job of addressing our Oline in FA and passing on the top lineman in the draft with with 1st pick, I believe it is imperative we draft Oline 2/3 round this draft.  Right now we are looking at having 4 starters from one of the worst lines in the NFL on opening day and a injury or two away from weak backups...

I think you'll see an OL in the 2nd round but I don't see an OL in the 3rd round.  

You're talking about a team who's front office truly believes theirs talent in the OL room.  They believed it so much last year when asked why they didn't draft or bring in any additional lineman they said we believe in the talent we have. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals draft DL, or LB with the 3rd round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well since that appears to be the plan, shouldn't be a problem.

How do you know this though?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals drafted 3 linebackers last year to refill that postion group. I wouldnt be surprised if they do that this year with the offensive line. 2nd, 3rd, 6th or 2nd, 4th, 6th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:41 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: How do you know this though?

Watch and see....
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking either:

2 - OL
3 - DL
4 - OL

Or

2 - DL
3 - OL
4 - OL

Either way I think they go defense once tonight.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Get it done. Tired of watching our franchise qb run for his life. Enough is enough.
Reply/Quote
O-line, sure. But they need pass rushers also.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:46 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm thinking either:

2 - OL
3 - DL
4 - OL

Or

2 - DL
3 - OL
4 - OL

Either way I think they go defense once tonight.

I'm thinking like this:

2 - OL (They'd get to shreds by local and national media if they don't draft an OL here)
3 - LB
4 - DL 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well since that appears to be the plan, shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure about that.. were you happy with the play they decided in FA ? signing Rieff to one year contract and no other Oline.. after passing in 1st round not sure if they are actually committed to a changing of the guard on the Line
Reply/Quote
The only thing I think getting in the way of that is if Ojulari or Onwuzurike is still there at 38. The value there may be too great to pass up.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind if they used the next 3 of their picks on O-line just to throw numbers at it and hope that 1 of them pan out. Rounds 3-4 are a roll of the dice usually but would at least add quality depth.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only thing I think getting in the way of that is if Ojulari or Onwuzurike is still there at 38. The value there may be too great to pass up.

I would say the value of protecting your Franchise QB from injury is more important and if Bengal War Room is correct there is 1st round talent still out there in 2nd round for Oline
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure about that.. were you happy with the play they decided in FA ? signing Rieff to one year contract and no other Oline.. after passing in 1st round not sure if they are actually committed to a changing of the guard on the Line

I wouldn't say I'm happy they didn't get another FA lineman, but I am happy they didn't grossly overpay to get one like they would have had to do to get Thuney. They attempted to get a couple of others, it just didn't go that way. 
Reply/Quote
Reiff is a significant upgrade over Hart. Jonah is improving has potential of becoming an elite LT. Spain was better than any other G we have had since Boling. XSF was hurt so he is a ?. Hopkins has been above average. The line isn't as dire as some make it out to be. Nobody has good depth this season no line can afford 1 to 2 injuries their is a significant drop among backups all across the league. We need depth at a few spots guess what, So does the rest of the league
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would say the value of protecting your Franchise QB from injury is more important and if Bengal War Room is correct there is 1st round talent still out there in 2nd round for Oline

I think a good swing guy like Dickerson or Humphrey who can play C/G would be a good move in 2nd/3rd.  They are under te microscope now on how they plan on fixi ng the O Line. That said Im going to be pissed if 2 yrs from now we are saying we should have taken Sewell as he is already a probowler with Detroit along with Ragnow..the guy we wanted and left us with Price.     
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:24 AM)kalibengal Wrote:   with Detroit along with Ragnow..the guy we wanted and left us with Price.     

I blame Dave Lapham for running his mouth too much about Ragnow for that one. He telegraphed our plans and Detroit traded up ahead of us to take Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:21 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Reiff is a significant upgrade over Hart. Jonah is improving has potential of becoming an elite LT. Spain was better than any other G we have had since Boling. XSF was hurt so he is a ?. Hopkins has been above average. The line isn't as dire as some make it out to be.  Nobody has good depth this season no line can afford 1 to 2 injuries their is a significant drop among backups all across the league. We need depth at a few spots guess what, So does the rest of the league

Okay Reiff is an upgrade over Hart i'll give you.  

However, to say that Jonah is improving and has the potential to become an elite LT is reaching a little bit. 

Jonah's first thing he should be doing is trying to stay on the field.  

Dude has played 10 out of 32 games in 2 season.  That doesnt say durable to me.  That says to me he can't stay healthy and stay on the field, and when you're not on the field you're not playing.  

We'll see if the kid can put it together this year and stay on the field or only play half a season again. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:36 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Okay Reiff is an upgrade over Hart i'll give you.  

However, to say that Jonah is improving and has the potential to become an elite LT is reaching a little bit. 

Jonah's first thing he should be doing is trying to stay on the field.  

Dude has played 10 out of 32 games in 2 season.  That doesnt say durable to me.  That says to me he can't stay healthy and stay on the field, and when you're not on the field you're not playing.  

We'll see if the kid can put it together this year and stay on the field or only play half a season again. 

Again, you are saying "can't stay on the field" and counting games before he ever got on the field. He was hurt when drafted, and it showed up in camp. He got it fixed. He's been injured once since. If he gets hurt this season, then maybe injury prone would be a label.
Reply/Quote