Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
In Ced I Trust
Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

I still think Ced can be that Franchise tackle.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Of course the propaganda arm of the bengals has to make it out like Ced will be ready. He didn't even show a flash of competence on the line last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:57 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: Of course the propaganda arm of the bengals has to make it out like Ced will be ready. He didn't even show a flash of competence on the line last season.

He just came off an ACL injury and I look at it like the Atkins situation.

Atkins got injured and came back not even half the man he was producing 3 sacks and people complaining.

After a whole offseason of just training to get better, Atkins got back to him old self.

I think that's one of the main reasons Ced had a bad year.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Im willing to give the guy a shot because the worst thing that can happen is we have a terrible season, draft high next year, and get rid of Marvin. I am OK with that

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we learned anything from last year. We should not be handing Ogbuehi a starting job.

Would be great if he turns into our franchise LT. But he has to earn it.

Fisher proved he was a better player last year. Fisher should be competing for the starting LT with Ogbuehi.

We need to move on from Winston and bring in younger better competition as well. I expect a couple more tackles to be added to the roster.
Reply/Quote
He was awful at Right Tackle...awful!!! No reason to be optimistic that he will be able to protect Andy's blindside any better. We are in serious trouble going into next season because we all know the Bengals won't be proactive in finding talent to replace what they are losing. They will draft some guys that won't play at all and we will have a starting line of Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Johnson, Fisher. I threw up in my mouth a little just typing out those 5 names. Never thought the day would come that I would feel so sorry for Andy Dalton.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:57 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: Of course the propaganda arm of the bengals has to make it out like Ced will be ready. He didn't even show a flash of competence on the line last season.

Knew a fluff piece would come out on Og after we let Whitworth go.

I just hope it has some merit cause it is almost looking like they want this guy on Dalton's blindside.

This scares the hell out of me after last year when PA and him pretty much destroyed our season.

It would be different if i saw a good game out of him or two.

I will believe it when i see it, but i am with you and as of right now all he has shown is incompetence in his play.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Believe it or not...

I think Ogbuehi's last year was a fluke and he will show that he was well worth that 1st round selection.

He's apparently working on gaining strength right now and knows he had a terrible season and he's ready to prove others wrong.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-Era-dawns-in-wake-of-Whit-departure/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

You aren't the one who has the ball snapped to him as the Pittsburg Steelers swarm in to kill you.  Losing Whitworth is not a good thing and losing Zeitler also even worse and losing Andre Smth last March.  Really, Ced was brought in to replace Andre Smith at right tackle.  Nobody ever said Ced at left tackle until just now with all these players gone. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we learned anything from last year. We should not be handing Ogbuehi a starting job.

Would be great if he turns into our franchise LT. But he has to earn it.

Fisher proved he was a better player last year. Fisher should be competing for the starting LT with Ogbuehi.

We need to move on from Winston and bring in younger better competition as well.  I expect a couple more tackles to be added to the roster.

So true, Fisher should be #1 on the depth chart at LT right now from what we have seen.

Ogbuehi needs to earn that spot from him. Draft Ramcyzk in the 2nd if he is there. Toth in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
If they're going into the season with Ced as the starting LT, I sure as hell hope the have a good backup plan...just in case. 
Reply/Quote
Nightmare scenario initiated
Reply/Quote

You never know. The way I look at it is, Fisher should improve our RT position from a year ago so that's a plus, Boling should be healthy so at LG that's a plus, if Ced can improve and become a competent LT than that's a plus minus the negative of Whit leaving. That leaves us with RG and C, what do you do? Do you let Bodine continue being the starter at C or do you convert him to a backup C/G position where he might be better suited? Do we look to grab a FA C like Mangold or try to get Kelce from Philly, both would be a nice upgrade? Do we draft Pocic, or Eiflein? How about at RG. Do you resign Zeitler or do you let the guy we drafted last year in Westerman man his position, do we look to grab a guy like Feeney in the draft or Mama in the mid rounds? Who knows what happens, but I'm not ready to cash in the season because we lose a guy or two or three.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:07 PM)kevin Wrote: You aren't the one who has the ball snapped to him as the Pittsburg Steelers swarm in to kill you.  Losing Whitworth is not a good thing and losing Zeitler also even worse and losing Andre Smth last March.  Really, Ced was brought in to replace Andre Smith at right tackle.  Nobody ever said Ced at left tackle until just now with all these players gone. 

BS, Ogbuehi is a LT only. I thought it was stupid last year before the season started to put him at RT.

You need some strength to play RT and more athleticism to play LT. It is clear where Og fits, if he does well which is a
monster IF it will be at LT. Don't know why you haven't heard this before, this has been spoken of tons Kevin.
Reply/Quote
That's funny. It's a big 'No - We're not going to bring a free agent Tackle in.'
Reply/Quote
I can't wait for the Christian Westerman article now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

His issues are supposedly mainly core strength. He's too weak to be a Tackle. IF he can address that...he'll improve.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:11 PM)Crowe Wrote: You never know. The way I look at it is, Fisher should improve our RT position from a year ago so that's a plus, Boling should be healthy so at LG that's a plus, if Ced can improve and become a competent LT than that's a plus minus the negative of Whit leaving. That leaves us with RG and C, what do you do? Do you let Bodine continue being the starter at C or do you convert him to a backup C/G position where he might be better suited? Do we look to grab a FA C like Mangold or try to get Kelce from Philly, both would be a nice upgrade? Do we draft Pocic, or Eiflein? How about at RG. Do you resign Zeitler or do you let the guy we drafted last year in Westerman man his position, do we look to grab a guy like Feeney in the draft or Mama in the mid rounds? Who knows what happens, but I'm not ready to cash in the season because we lose a guy or two or three.

We will have to draft at least one G and one OT this year at the very least. I hate having to rely on someone whom isn't even in the building yet and may never be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I consider myself a relatively savvy football fan, but I know there are a lot of people on here that fancy themselves amateur scouts. So the question I ask is, did anyone see anything positive out of Ced's play this year? To me he looked pretty awful, but I was never an o-linemen.
Reply/Quote
Cedric should be on the trading block for a 5th round pick for a team that thinks they can rebuild him not starting for us. He was the worse Tackle in the NFL last season that's not going to change with us. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:14 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I consider myself a relatively savvy football fan, but I know there are a lot of people on here that fancy themselves amateur scouts. So the question I ask is, did anyone see anything positive out of Ced's play this year? To me he looked pretty awful, but I was never an o-linemen.

He did look awful. His play was pretty much broken down every week by a ton of NFL people on Twitter. He kept waiting for defenders to come to him, he would lunge on run blocks and completely miss the guy he was supposed to block. He gets his shot at LT against the Texans and gave up 2 sacks.

Needless to say, we should be very worried.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote