4. Peerman is fighting hard to keep his job

5. Hunt is 80% to being a dominate Dlineman

6. Chris Carter HAS to make the 53

7. Phat Sims is Da Man

What are yours?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Tate saved his job because they don't have the stones to actually try an upgrade. He's still terrible returning punts.

2. Hunt still has no clue what he's doing. He can out-muscle bad players. That's about it.

3. Wilder is not making it to the PS. He will get claimed or should be on the 53.

4. Chris Carter is good. He has speed, bend and knows how to work his hands.

5. Trey Hopkins still doesn't have that power back in his legs. (Like Geno last year)

6. Keo is not a thinking man's football player. WTF was he doing trying to run it out?

7. Dawson is unreal. Dude is good at football.

8. Kroft is gonna be good. The fumble was on an illegal hit.

9. Bengals are going to have to get creative to fit all the right guys on the roster. Need to knock of this loyalty BS.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how they can keep Hunt and feel good about themselves, there's just others more deserving. Clarke and Carter are capable of rushing from LE, it ain't an issue. Only way is if you keep 10 dlineman and then you take away another deserving player from another position group.

Despite his best efforts, still don't see Clew making the squad, if they do go 6 corners I think he's got it.

We're screwed at interior line depth until Hopkins can return to better health, this is an issue if injuries occur.

Gotta wonder if the idea of 5 RBs making the team, if you truly keep your best 53, this would make sense for them.
Reply/Quote
Little is awesome: hands have improved and he's showing effort.

Hopkins looks ok, but not great: RR hit the nail on the head.

Dawson rules.

Kumerow better hit PS
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Didnt see the game, but how did Mccarron look? How were the throws he made, tough/nice?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:23 AM)Element Wrote: Didnt see the game, but how did Mccarron look? How were the throws he made, tough/nice?

Mixed bag.

Didn't have flawless protection this time. Looked more like Tampa game. 
Reply/Quote
Alford can be a game changer, but he seems like a gimmick player that we need to come up with specific plays for, not a guy that can succeed as a part of the base offense, at least not this year.

I don't know if he was back to 100% or playing hurt to try and secure a roster spot, but Pat Sims did not look good at all. He was knocked off the LoS twice, dropped cleanly to the ground by a cut block, and badly overplayed on a run opening up a cutback lane all in the first 5 snaps. He did do good job of holding the line on a 3rd down where Hawk made the stop, but he got knocked off the LoS a few more times, as well. Still played like a man desperate to hang on to the roster, but it may have been too little, too late. Williams did not really flash, but was solid, so the cuts at DT will be interesting.

Peerman did great as a pass catcher, but got bowled over multiple times in pass pro, which makes it hard to put him out there as a 3rd down back if Gio goes down. That, combined with his fumbles this preseason really make me hope we keep Wilder or Watson.

Little played well, but I just don't know if they will keep a 6th WR. The terrible pass pro really limited a lot of opportunities for the fringe WR's in this game.
Reply/Quote
AJ looked like most QBs do when the pass protection is having issues.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to invest in stickier gloves.
Reply/Quote
Cut ties with Hunt

Somehow get both Carter and Williams on this squad
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
While Hunt had his moments it is clear he has no speed.

What has Clarke done to make this team???
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:02 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I don't see how they can keep Hunt and feel good about themselves, there's just others more deserving. Clarke and Carter are capable of rushing from LE, it ain't an issue. Only way is if you keep 10 dlineman and then you take away another deserving player from another position group.

Despite his best efforts, still don't see Clew making the squad, if they do go 6 corners I think he's got it.

We're screwed at interior line depth until Hopkins can return to better health, this is an issue if injuries occur.

Gotta wonder if the idea of 5 RBs making the team, if you truly keep your best 53, this would make sense for them.

How many times has Clarke gotten pressure this preseason? I dont get why so many are screaming to cut Hunt when Clarke hasnt done shit. And all those wanting to cut Hunt want to hand Clarke a job for doing what exactly?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many times has Clarke gotten pressure this preseason? I dont get why so many are screaming to cut Hunt when Clarke hasnt done shit. And all those wanting to cut Hunt want to hand Clarke a job for doing what exactly?

Clarke = 4 years younger, more durable and has shown some better skills. Clarke is showing run stopping ability. He did very well the last 2 games setting the edge for the most part. 

Hunt still just relies on the OT screwing up for the vast majority of his plays. He can't beat anyone who is technically sound. He can just hope to out-muscle or they flat out miss the assignment. 

It's about the process not the results. 

Hunt has done this every year. Bully some bubble players and look like a stud. Gets his shot vs a good player then does nothing all season. He was the same exact way at SMU.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:34 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Clarke = 4 years younger, more durable and has shown some better skills. Clarke is showing run stopping ability. He did very well the last 2 games setting the edge for the most part. 

Hunt still just relies on the OT screwing up for the vast majority of his plays. He can't beat anyone who is technically sound. He can just hope to out-muscle or they flat out miss the assignment. 

Hunt has done this every year. Bully some bubble players and look like a stud. Gets his shot vs a good player then does nothing all season. He was the same exact way at SMU.

Pretty much, there's no use for him anymore and keeping him would keep a more deserving player off the final roster.

Keeping 9 instead of 10 gives more flexibility to the rest of the team as well, and there are indeed 9 DLineman who deserve a spot more than Margus.
Reply/Quote
Ordering my Chris Carter jersey now!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:34 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Clarke = 4 years younger, more durable and has shown some better skills. Clarke is showing run stopping ability. He did very well the last 2 games setting the edge for the most part. 

We rush 4. Thats just what we do. Clarke has shown nothing with his ability to make the QB uncomfortable. We were dead last in sacks last season. I think Hunt would help us more in that department than Clarke. Our DEs are supposed to provide our pass rush. And Clarke's pass rush is currently worse than Hunt's..

Clarke is playing against the same back ups that Hunt is. The difference is Hunt can bully them and flash while Clarke just looks like a guy out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We rush 4. Thats just what we do. Clarke has shown nothing with his ability to make the QB uncomfortable. We were dead last in sacks last season. I think Hunt would help us more in that department than Clarke. Our DEs are supposed to provide our pass rush. And Clarke's pass rush is currently worse than Hunt's..

Clarke is playing against the same back ups that Hunt is. The difference is Hunt can bully them and flash while Clarke just looks like a guy out there.

No they are not. They really aren't. If they wanted pass rushing DE's they'd stop adding 6-7 ogres who can't bend. They want DEs who set the edge and can contain. Then wonder why they don't get the QB.

Neither Hunt or Clarke will help much in the pass rush. They aren't pass rushers. 

You aren't listening to me. IT'S ABOUT THE PROCESS NOT RESULTS.

Hunt's "results" are an illusion. He isn't really winning to create the pressure and sacks. He's able to his 28 year old man strength vs bad players and give the appearance of good or they just flat out miss a block. When the OT gets their hands on Hunt, he's done. 
How many times tonight did he have no clue what to do and let the QB just get away because his football IQ is around 5? 
Reply/Quote
I only watched the first quarter so my thoughts on the game are very limited.

First, I thought the game was very very boring. I had no interest whatsoever because there was nothing happening.

Second, Peerman was playing like a man knowing he's getting cut.

Third, Little did not live up to the Stone Hands nickname and was playing very well. He is going to make this team.

Fourth, I think Hunt is done here in Cincinnati. It's a shame really but the Bengals have to have the best 53 players and he isn't in that group in my opinion.

Fifth, I think McCarron will be a damn good backup and if Dalton gets hurt, there will not be a very big drop off in Quarterback play.

It's going to be a good year though, I really believe that.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I thought Devon Still might have made the team tonight, if that was possible.

Per Hobson after the game: "If this was Still’s last stand as a Bengal, he left a solid impression."

He did play well, but so did DeShawn Williams.

I thought Margus Hunt definitely got cut tonight. He blows double-donged giraffes with Brandon Thompson They might both be gone.

Wenning really hurt some of our backup WRs with some awful throws. Kumerow made a tackle on STs. Hope he can stick on the PS, because I agree with the rest of you. Greg Little will make the 53. I thought Alford looked good enough to cut Tate, but Tate caught some passes so Marvin probably has one of his patented "let's be loyal and keep 'em" woodies.

I'd keep Wilder over Watson and Peerman. Watson could stick on PS. Wilder? No way.

I actually saw AJ Hawk make a play!! But Roach is a keeper....for the PS. I loved it when he was out there with PJ. They looked like a decent tandem.

BTW, PJ created the INT made by Keo in the end zone.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
1. AJ McCarron showed me he'll be a starter someday/ somewhere. He stood in the pocket and made some tough throws with zip and accuracy. His line gave him no help as Munoz stated, otherwise, he'd of picked the Colts apart. He may not be ready yet, but I think if he had 1st teams reps, his ceiling is higher than Andy's.

2. Our backup OL looked like practice squad-ers. So did Bodine.

3. Brandon Tate again showed up to save his job.

4. Hunt was inconsistent. Good penetration on some rushes, whiffed on a few tackles / sacks.

5. Chris Carter is a VERY GOOD pass rusher.

6. Barring injury, Dawson will be in a Pro-Bowl in under 3 years.

7. Greg Little stepped up and made some big catches. Should make the team.
[Image: mmubti.jpg]
Reply/Quote