Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury reports-Wildcard week
(01-13-2023, 03:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ravens are 3rd in league against run and I believe over last 8 they are #1 against the run... i don;t think we will be able to run much against them... but we do have to try to get positive yards and not abandon it totally

Yikes! this is not good news. I hope the players he rested last week were all on the O-line then.
Reply/Quote
We'll be okay. When running we need to stop with the perimeter plays and run between the tackles power style - and run AT Roquan Smith. That neutralizes his speed. It may not succeed early but as the game progresses we can wear them down and get more success late.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Yikes! this is not good news. I hope the players he rested last week were all on the O-line then.

Don't worry all the headhunters were in last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote:

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Just heard Jamison Hensley, Ravens beat reporter say that Baltimore might use both Huntley and Brown at qb on Sunday.

No idea if this is going to be the case. It will be telling if it is. Huntley doesn't have a good arm. Add the fact that he's questionable due to a shoulder injury, and one could surmise that the Ravens will have a very limited passing game if he starts.

I take the Ravens seriously as an opponent, but their big problem on offense is predictability. It's not hard to figure out when they want to run or pass. If Huntley plays, this game screams loaded box to shut down the run and dare Huntley to beat you deep. I don't think he can do it, physically. They don't have the personnel to stretch the field.

Alternating quarterbacks will add to the predictability element. In the event that the Bengals manage to score fast, which I think will be tough, I think the Ravens throw Brown in the mix because they won't have a choice.

We need Reader, Hubbard, Wilson, Hill and Pratt to be stout vs the run. If they can win in the trenches vs a good Baltimore OL, the Ravens are in big, big trouble. I think the Bengals front seven is definitely capable of that.
Reply/Quote

If the Ravens start Huntley, it will be the 2nd time in NFL history a team has faced the same opponent 3 times in a season where the other team has started 3 different QBs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wild being this healthy going into the Playoffs. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ravens are 3rd in league against run and I believe over last 8 they are #1 against the run... i don;t think we will be able to run much against them... but we do have to try to get positive yards and not abandon it totally

(01-13-2023, 03:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: We'll be okay. When running we need to stop with the perimeter plays and run between the tackles power style - and run AT Roquan Smith. That neutralizes his speed. It may not succeed early but as the game progresses we can wear them down and get more success late.

If we line up in a heavy set and try to run on the ravens we'll lose that down. Guaranteed.

What we need to do is spread them out in shotgun and sneak in the occasional run. That's our best chance of having any success on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If we line up in a heavy set and try to run on the ravens we'll lose that down. Guaranteed.

What we need to do is spread them out in shotgun and sneak in the occasional run. That's our best chance of having any success on the ground.

Which Burrow and our Offense love to play out of. Sounds like the plan, still want us to run at Roquan and try and punish him and 
wear him down as Joelist says.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild being this healthy going into the Playoffs. Cool

Are we not counting Chido, Collins, & Cappa? 

That's 3 starters & 40% of the OL. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild being this healthy going into the Playoffs. Cool

Awuzie, Cappa, and Collins are nothing to sneeze at

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Like it really matters. Mixon averages 3.9 yards per carry with the Bengals earning the 29th spot in rushing in the NFL.  The run game for Cincinnati sucks. Let the Ravens prepare for a ghost run strategy and it only helps.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Are we not counting Chido, Collins, & Cappa? 

Not to mention Hendrickson still with a broken wrist, Hubbard's calf, Tee's hip, and I assume Chase still may need to get his hip fixed in the off season (hopefully nothing else is needed). 
Reply/Quote
With Huntley starting, the MVPs of the defense better be DJ Reader and Logan Wilson our best run stoppers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 08:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Are we not counting Chido, Collins, & Cappa? 

Oh yeah, they count big time, the backups playing decent helps me feel better about it though...

And this weeks injury report.

Apple, CTB, Adeniji and Scharping have not looked bad to me at all.

(01-13-2023, 08:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Awuzie, Cappa, and Collins are nothing to sneeze at

True, as I said, those are big losses but I think we are better off than the Ratbirds and we don't know yet if Cappa can come back
if we win in the Playoffs and hopefully beyond.

(01-13-2023, 09:44 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not to mention Hendrickson still with a broken wrist, Hubbard's calf, Tee's hip, and I assume Chase still may need to get his hip fixed in the off season (hopefully nothing else is needed). 

Yeah, but what did we all expect? Everybody was saying we were crazy healthy last season with maybe even more injured starters?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: With Huntley starting, the MVPs of the defense better be DJ Reader and Logan Wilson our best run stoppers

It's weird hearing about how badass Baltimore is at the line of scrimmage with little acknowledgment of Reader's greatness.  

Go ahead and try and run on that dude.  Ask Derrick Henry how it worked out for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:18 PM)samhain Wrote: It's weird hearing about how badass Baltimore is at the line of scrimmage with little acknowledgment of Reader's greatness.  

Go ahead and try and run on that dude.  Ask Derrick Henry how it worked out for him.

Or even Nick Chubb the last time around who I honestly think is better than the King.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, they count big time, the backups playing decent helps me feel better about it though...

And this weeks injury report.

Apple, CTB, Adeniji and Scharping have not looked bad to me at all.

True, as I said, those are big losses but I think we are better off than the Ratbirds and we don't know yet if Cappa can come back
if we win in the Playoffs and hopefully beyond.

Yeah, but what did we all expect? Everybody was saying we were crazy healthy last season with maybe even more injured starters?

Well, we were down 3 by the SB. Reiff, Lary O, and CJ (for all intents & purposes). Started the POs down 1 (Reiff). 

We are starting off at 3. If we play more games, it will get worse. Chido & Collins are done, and Cappa likely as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 06:18 PM)motoarch Wrote: They will and trade him to the jets and the jets will throw a giant bag of money at him.

I think Bell opened their eyes a little, but they did pay a little much for CJ so who knows?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:39 PM)samhain Wrote: Just heard Jamison Hensley, Ravens beat reporter say that Baltimore might use both Huntley and Brown at qb on Sunday.

Mehh. Pure gamesmanship by Harbaugh
He just wants to make our strategizing that much tougher.
To be expected from a coach with THE MOST wins in the playoffs *at away playoff games.
Reply/Quote