Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is The United States In Trouble?
The average empire lasts 250 years.

They normally collapse due to things like problems within the empire to become unstable and then it's usually invaded by outside forces.

The United States will be 250 in a few years.

We seem to be having turmoil and becoming unstable with things like culture wars and now things becoming chaotic with so many people suddenly identifying as transgender and even teachers pushing this on kids.

The outside forces could be seen as Mexicans crossing the border illegally at such an alarming rate, which I'm not saying they'll try and overthrow the government, but it just costs the country a lot of money and makes us very unstable.

We are becoming more and more in debt.

Biden could very well be re-elected or, maybe even worse, Kamala could be elected and just chuckle us into hell because all these people vote on emotion and think letting men identify as women is more important than the economy, border, crime, and every other issue that keeps our country running.

I've asked this before, but are we in trouble?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The average empire lasts 250 years.

They normally collapse due to things like problems within the empire to become unstable and then it's usually invaded by outside forces.

We seem to be having turmoil and becoming unstable with things like culture wars and now things becoming chaotic with so many people suddenly identifying as transgender and even teachers pushing this on kids.

The outside forces could be seen as Mexicans crossing the border illegally at such an alarming rate, which I'm not saying they'll try and overthrow the government, but it just costs the country a lot of money and makes us very unstable.

Biden could very well be re-elected or, maybe even worse, Kamala could be elected and just chuckle us into hell because all these people vote on emotion and think letting men identify as women is more important than the economy, border, crime, and every other issue that keeps our country running.

I thought we were in trouble in 80's.  And I agree we've lasted longer than a lot of other countries/empires.

There are a multitude of reasons to worry, but also reasons to hold out hope that we can weather those bad things and continue on.  I don't believe we will collapse in my lifetime but I do worry about the kids.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought we were in trouble in 80's.  And I agree we've lasted longer than a lot of other countries/empires.

There are a multitude of reasons to worry, but also reasons to hold out hope that we can weather those bad things and continue on.  I don't believe we will collapse in my lifetime but I do worry about the kids.

I'm hoping all this transgender stuff and all the other things fade into the abyss and we rebound.

Transgender people tend to regret their decisions so many years after their transitions and it feels like it has only gotten so popular two(?) years ago. I do worry about the kids because of how many teachers seem to be trying to teach kids that, because they feel different or more masculine/feminine, that makes them the opposite sex. I've seen videos of teachers having parades with kids carrying pride flags through the hallways.

Like you said, I also worry about the kids because their minds can be shaped before they're anywhere near developed enough to comprehend all that (average brain isn't fully developed until age 25).

Hopefully, people start making decisions with their heads instead of emotions but my prediction is that Dems will just blame everything on Republicans and all these people that think they're animals and the opposite sex and one of 678 different genders will come out and vote Democrat. 
Reply/Quote
Ida know...we could be in big trouble but the song "Eve Of Destruction" was a #1 58 years ago, so I feel like it's pretty much a given that people in this country spend their lives talking about the good ol' days and worrying about the future while simultaneously saying that kids today have it too easy.

I won't even get political about it...it's just human nature to realize our mortality and convince ourselves we lived in the best of times to be alive and the days we won't be around to see won't be that great, so no big loss on taking our dirt naps.

EDIT - Ok, I'm starting to see that this thread is leaning towards complaining about trans people so it seems pretty redundant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it doesn't implode from inside no ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I am not convinced that we are in serious trouble yet, but I don't think we are heading in the right direction. The U.S. has a very high debt-to-GDP ratio, extreme political polarization, declining education and other things that we as a society should be concerned about. I don't think that the U.S. is going to have a catastrophic issue in my lifetime (30), but we have some major issues that I don't know that we are going to fix as a society.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am not convinced that we are in serious trouble yet, but I don't think we are heading in the right direction. The U.S. has a very high debt-to-GDP ratio, extreme political polarization, declining education and other things that we as a society should be concerned about. I don't think that the U.S. is going to have a catastrophic issue in my lifetime (30), but we have some major issues that I don't know that we are going to fix as a society.

My hope is that the generation after mine, my kids, can fix some this stuff once the boomers lose their grip.  It's all cyclical and maybe it will swing the other way.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: EDIT - Ok, I'm starting to see that this thread is leaning towards complaining about trans people so it seems pretty redundant.

Trans people are the new caravan who took the muslim place in the invisible fear agenda ... 

When it will be over, they'll find something else. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The average empire lasts 250 years.

Yes.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...we could be in big trouble but the song "Eve Of Destruction" was a #1 58 years ago, so I feel like it's pretty much a given that people in this country spend their lives talking about the good ol' days and worrying about the future while simultaneously saying that kids today have it too easy.

I won't even get political about it...it's just human nature to realize our mortality and convince ourselves we lived in the best of times to be alive and the days we won't be around to see won't be that great, so no big loss on taking our dirt naps.

EDIT - Ok, I'm starting to see that this thread is leaning towards complaining about trans people so it seems pretty redundant.
Not going in a direction about trans people but it's about teachers indoctrinating kids and how that will negatively impact the future.

It's also about order.

Like I said, average empire lasts 250 years and our country seems to be imploding and being invaded.

(06-22-2023, 02:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am not convinced that we are in serious trouble yet, but I don't think we are heading in the right direction. The U.S. has a very high debt-to-GDP ratio, extreme political polarization, declining education and other things that we as a society should be concerned about. I don't think that the U.S. is going to have a catastrophic issue in my lifetime (30), but we have some major issues that I don't know that we are going to fix as a society.
Exactly, and, with money problems, more people will look for escapes with things like drugs and trying to identify as something they're not since they're not happy being themselves while being poor.
(06-22-2023, 02:46 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes.  Mellow

Cry
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not going in a direction about trans people but it's about teachers indoctrinating kids and how that will negatively impact the future.

I said this decades ago, if teachers at the grade school, high school, and college level are dangerously liberal more conservatives need to get into education.

And parents need to be more of a force in their kids lives than their teachers.  Mine were.  Weren't yours?  My parents didn't sit around and wait for the government to make teachers less influential upon me, they did what they had to do themselves.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Transgender people tend to regret their decisions so many years after their transitions. 

Can you cite any statistics that back your claim up (not anecdotes)?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm hoping all this transgender stuff and all the other things fade into the abyss and we rebound.

Transgender people tend to regret their decisions so many years after their transitions and it feels like it has only gotten so popular two(?) years ago. I do worry about the kids because of how many teachers seem to be trying to teach kids that, because they feel different or more masculine/feminine, that makes them the opposite sex. I've seen videos of teachers having parades with kids carrying pride flags through the hallways.

Like you said, I also worry about the kids because their minds can be shaped before they're anywhere near developed enough to comprehend all that (average brain isn't fully developed until age 25).

Hopefully, people start making decisions with their heads instead of emotions but my prediction is that Dems will just blame everything on Republicans and all these people that think they're animals and the opposite sex and one of 678 different genders will come out and vote Democrat. 

If your statement asserting transgender regret is concerning gender affirming procedures, it's simply not supported by the data. They do not tend to experience regret, and those that do comprise an extremely miniscule percentage.

The NIH provided the following meta-analysis in 2021:

Results:
A total of 27 studies, pooling 7928 transgender patients who underwent any type of GAS, were included. The pooled prevalence of regret after GAS was 1% (95% CI <1%–2%). Overall, 33% underwent transmasculine procedures and 67% transfemenine procedures. The prevalence of regret among patients undergoing transmasculine and transfemenine surgeries was <1% (IC <1%–<1%) and 1% (CI <1%–2%), respectively. A total of 77 patients regretted having had GAS. Twenty-eight had minor and 34 had major regret based on Pfäfflin’s regret classification. The majority had 
clear regret based on Kuiper and Cohen-Kettenis classification.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not going in a direction about trans people but it's about teachers indoctrinating kids and how that will negatively impact the future.

It's also about order.

Like I said, average empire lasts 250 years and our country seems to be imploding and being invaded.

Exactly, and, with money problems, more people will look for escapes with things like drugs and trying to identify as something they're not since they're not happy being themselves while being poor.

Cry

Invaded by who exactly? People who are simply different than you? 

When you state that people are trying to identify as something they're not, you are asserting you know an individuals mind better than they do. How exactly do you determine someone's true internal identity?

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 03:52 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Invaded by who exactly? People who are simply different than you? 

When you state that people are trying to identify as something they're not, you are asserting you know an individuals mind better than they do. How exactly do you determine someone's true internal identity?

I do know that Florida felt they were being "invaded" and now they are in a lot of trouble..

Quote:DeSantis anti-immigrant law sparks mass worker exodus in Florida

"How can one man pass one law and destroy all these businesses in Florida?" asked a lifelong Republican

By KENNY STANCIL

PUBLISHED JUNE 21, 2023 8:30PM (EDT)

[Image: ron_desantis_1256044516.jpg]Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis listens to other speakers before signing a series of education bills at Cambridge Christian school in Tampa, Fla. on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. (Thomas Simonetti for The Washington Post via Getty Images)
[/url]Facebook
Twitter

Reddit

Email
[url=https://www.salon.com/2023/06/21/desantis-anti-law-sparks-mass-worker-exodus-in-florida_partner/#]
save
This article originally appeared at Common Dreams. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.
Anew Florida law cracking down on undocumented immigrants, signed last month by far-right Gov. Ron DeSantis and set to take effect on July 1, has pushed thousands of workers to flee the state.

Now even some capitalists who otherwise support DeSantis and the state's GOP-controlled House and Senate are beginning to speak out about how the law is likely to hurt their bottom lines.
As The Tallahassee Democrat reported Tuesday:

Quote:In his packing plant, Graves Williams, a lifelong Republican, proudly explained the skill, labor, and manpower needed to provide tomatoes across North America, a feat that he says wouldn't be possible without immigrant laborers.
"We all love them to death," said Williams, whose family has been farming tomatoes for decades. "We couldn't run a business without them."

Williams, the owner of Quincy Tomato Company, may soon be forced to try. Following right-wing lawmakers' passage of Senate Bill 1718, thousands of working-class immigrants, including many who are residing lawfully in the U.S., have opted to leave Florida.

The new law places harsh restrictions on undocumented immigrants. Among other things, it also requires the "repayment of certain economic development incentives" if the state, which plans to conduct random audits of businesses, "finds or is notified that an employer has knowingly employed" an undocumented immigrant without verifying their employment eligibility.

At the bill signing ceremony on May 10, DeSantis, who is now campaigning for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, slammed President Joe Biden's ostensibly lax immigration policies, saying: "We have to stop this nonsense, this is not good for our country... this is no way to run a government."

Data released earlier this month showed that unauthorized crossings of the U.S.-Mexico border fell sharply after the Biden administration imposed new asylum restrictions that went into effect when Title 42 ended on May 11. Undermining DeSantis' dubious accusation of inaction at the border, immigrant rights groups have condemned Biden's crackdown on asylum-seekers, saying the president's new ban deepens the bipartisan abandonment of international human rights law set in motion by the Trump administration.

Meanwhile, in Florida, DeSantis' xenophobic approach has sparked fears that "a labor shortage will leave crops unpicked, tourist hotels short of staff, and construction sites idle," The Tallahassee Democrat noted.

Notably, concerns are emanating from some Republican proprietors.

"How can one man pass one law and destroy all these businesses in Florida?" asked Williams.

"It's almost like he's doing it on purpose," Williams said. "I know he's doing it for politics, but the end results, it's going to be hard."

According to The Tallahassee Democrat: "Florida employers in construction, restaurants, landscaping, and many other service sectors already are struggling to fill jobs during what has been a post-pandemic, sustained stretch of low unemployment. The new immigration limits will compound that, many say."

However, the newspaper observed, many business owners still "refuse to speak publicly about the measure, fearing it could antagonize DeSantis."

Politicians are scrambling to tell immigrants not to worry about the law, just please stay and work.

Reply/Quote
I can't help but notice that none of the people in that video complaining about the law are being murdered or raped by illegals. They should quit whining and thank Ron for looking out for them. Ingrates.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I do know that Florida felt they were being "invaded" and now they are in a lot of trouble..

Politicians are scrambling to tell immigrants not to worry about the law, just please stay and work.

Mr. DeSantis has a rather unique proclivity for finding the most easily avoidable pile of dung and purposely diving into it headfirst. 

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I do know that Florida felt they were being "invaded" and now they are in a lot of trouble..

It's not an anti-immigrant bill, it's an anti-illegal immigrant bill.  There is a difference.  Also, if you can't run a business without employing illegal labor then your business model isn't very good.
Reply/Quote
Are we in trouble, umm, to some extent yes but nothing that will do us in anytime soon. I do see three major problems though currently. The far left, the far right, and all of the propaganda news out there for both sides that fuels the division even more by getting people to see through a peephole to support positions that give them more ratings and/or views.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Seriously, if you think transgenderism will crush American society you really don't understand history.

First and foremost governments fail because of finances especially as the gap between the rich and poor grow. Americans are becoming uneasy because more and more can't afford housing, can't afford healthcare, can't afford college, can't afford to have children. In the meantime, the 1% keeps collecting more and more of the world's assets on the back of the working person

Governments fail when they seek to restrict the rights of their citizens such as banning books or language, restricting education to only "approved" information, restricting entertainment, removing the autonomy of one's own bodies

Governments fail when they try to force particular religious beliefs onto a diverse population. Look out here comes Christian Nationalism

Governments fail when the population is denied access to the ballot box or when the outcome is predetermined. Gerrymandering, overly restrictive regulations, the majority making it more difficult for the minority to vote, losers not accepting the outcomes with NO evidence of wrong doing

Governments fail when they try to dictate the moral behavior of the citizens

Governments fail when the judiciary is biased

Governments fail when they are far more concerned with the moral behavior (culture war) of their citizens than they are whether those citizens have food in their stomachs or a roof over their heads.

No government has ever failed because adults were allowed to pursue love with the person of their choice.
No government has ever failed because it openly and liberally educated their citizens
No government has failed because it allowed open discussions of any topic
No government has ever failed because it respected its citizen's rights to be themselves
No government has ever failed because it allowed its citizens to worship or not worship in their own way
No government has ever failed because it spent more time improving citizens' life instead on corporation's bottom lines

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote