Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the John Ross Experiment near its end
In two games, Ross has 2 catches for 17 yards.. I believe he is in the top 2 of most plays at WR.. How much longer do we play a guy who continues to not perform and disappear in games. I think if he does not show something by game 5, we start players other WRs more.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It should be done, but so should the Bobby Hart experiment. I think there are coaches or front office people who just refuse to admit they are wrong on a guy and will stubbornly force him out there till they are gone or the player is gone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It should be done, but so should the Bobby Hart experiment. I think there are coaches or front office people who just refuse to admit they are wrong on a guy and will stubbornly force him out there till they are gone or the player is gone.

we actually have decent replacements for Ross not at Oline  and Hart is actually still better at his position than Ross is.. even if not that good.. Also I though Williams and Johnson played worse than Hart 2nd game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It should be done, but so should the Bobby Hart experiment. I think there are coaches or front office people who just refuse to admit they are wrong on a guy and will stubbornly force him out there till they are gone or the player is gone.

Yes and it should be done now. 
Reply/Quote
I blame the coaches. Auden Tate should be eating John Ross’ snaps. Foe those that would tell me the two are nothing alike, I agree. Currently as the offense stands Burrow has no time for deep balls, so it would stand to reason to play the bigger bodied Tate who can make shorter contested catches as he will not be going downfield anyway.
Reply/Quote
Near?

GPS said we "arrived at your destination" a couple of years ago.
Reply/Quote
I've been done with Ross for quite some time, but it's pretty damning that the coaches can't get the ball in his hands in other ways. The guy is fast ya know... They should be able to get something outta him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He's done. .. I thought there was still a chance, but I can't lie to myslef anymore. I can't believe we took him over Mahomes...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:34 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I blame the coaches. Auden Tate should be eating John Ross’ snaps. Foe those that would tell me the two are nothing alike, I agree. Currently as the offense stands Burrow has no time for deep balls, so it would stand to reason to play the bigger bodied Tate who can make shorter contested catches as he will not be going downfield anyway.

I'd rather have the smaller faster guy, who can get open alot faster on short routes. His type is more for contested balls down field.. They need to design specific Ross plays to get I'm going. Seems like Taylor struggles at that..
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:54 PM)jason Wrote: I've been done with Ross for quite some time, but it's pretty damning that the coaches can't get the ball in his hands in other ways. The guy is fast ya know... They should be able to get something outta him.

I'm surprised we didn't at least see him returning kicks.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:05 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm surprised we didn't at least see him returning kicks.

Anything.. Bubble screens,  Jet sweeps. Get him involved...Watch hes gonna go somewhere like New England and Kill it..
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:59 PM)Tony Wrote: He's done. .. I thought there was still a chance, but I can't lie to myslef anymore. I can't believe we took him over Mahomes...

Definitely a bad pick, but I have a hard time imagining we'd have the same Mahomes here that they have in KC. Coaching matters.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Anything.. Bubble screens,  Jet sweeps. Get him involved...Watch hes gonna go somewhere like New England and Kill it..

That's what I was talking about... Hell even direct snaps while he's in motion. End arounds or whatever. I still doubt that he kills it anywhere though. He's just not very good. Fast, but not good.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In two games, Ross has 2 catches for 17 yards.. I believe he is in the top 2 of most plays at WR..   How much longer do we play a guy who continues to not perform and disappear in games. I think if he does not show something by game 5, we start players other WRs more.

Thoughts?

This isn't directed at you personally. Please don't take it as such.

First round, top ten picks aren't supposed to be "experiments".  
Reply/Quote
Hope so. Seems to me he doesn’t have the mental make up to be a pro football player. However I am not sure that is fair for me to say since of course I don’t know him personally. I guess I am going by some of the things he admitted to after his rookie season in interviews and what I have seen on the field. Something is missing.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:59 PM)Tony Wrote: He's done. .. I thought there was still a chance, but I can't lie to myslef anymore. I can't believe we took him over Mahomes...

We weren’t taking Mahomes, regardless. Allegedly Marvin wanted either OJ Howard or Reuben Foster but was overruled by Duke Tobin. Who knows how true that is, but it’s pretty obvious Marvin wanted no part of Ross
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We weren’t taking Mahomes, regardless. Allegedly Marvin wanted either OJ Howard or Reuben Foster but was overruled by Duke Tobin. Who knows how true that is, but it’s pretty obvious Marvin wanted no part of Ross

If that's true, I'm glad that Marvin is out of the player selection process.  Now, about upgrading from Duke Tobin..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Give him time. This is basically his rookie year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just looking at that draft, right after bengals picked 3 pro bowl/super bowl players went right after. 2 of then QBs but pick 10 Lattimore was picked.

Damn if we drafted him we would have good and great corners on the team right now and money spent elsewhere in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
If we want to win, yes. Get Mike Thomas and Tee Higgins more snaps.

5 wide sets should be:
AJ
Boyd
Thomas
Higgins
Tate

Trade Ross to the Seahawks
Reply/Quote