Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
(03-07-2017, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To me it depends on the Offensive Line, i think McCarron could be really good with a decent OL and some decent weapons.

What is the QB needy team with the best OL is my question?

The Niners?

Most teams with good OLs have a QB...     I don't know if anyone is looking to McCarron to come in and start for them..
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Most teams with good OLs have a QB...     I don't know if anyone is looking to McCarron to come in and start for them..

Then what would be the point of giving up and early round pick for him? None.

If a team trades even a 3rd rounder for him it will be for him to atleast compete to start.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To me it depends on the Offensive Line, i think McCarron could be really good with a decent OL and some decent weapons.

What is the QB needy team with the best OL is my question?

The Niners?

The 49ers sure fit your description -- but so do the Texans. My fear, however, is that any potential deal initiated by Houston might not involve AJ McCarron but rather the hometown hero, Andy Dalton. He is still well respected in that area of Texas and after spending time perusing the Texans' message board, their fans express the "I wish we had Dalton" sentiment a lot. If Houston does put forth a decent offer for McCarron I believe the Bengals need to consider it but the Front Office needs to laugh off any deals involving Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The 49ers sure fit your description -- but so do the Texans.  My fear, however, is that any potential deal initiated by Houston might not involve AJ McCarron but rather the hometown hero, Andy Dalton.  He is still well respected in that area of Texas and after spending time perusing the Texans' message board, their fans express the "I wish we had Dalton" sentiment a lot.  If Houston does put forth a decent offer for McCarron I believe the Bengals need to consider it but the Front Office needs to laugh off any deals involving Dalton.

Interesting, at first thought i was like they are just dreaming over there in Houston.

But who knows if we let Whitwoth go Dalton might be up for a trade close to his home.

Won't be fun here getting killed.

A whole lot hinges on bringing Whit back here.
Reply/Quote
Just going to reiterate that we need to trade AJ. He could net us a second or third round pick and we could fill holes on our team with it instead of keeping him on the team watching him flip through the playbook on the sidelines.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We're going to need him when Ogbuehi's ineptitude gets Dalton injured.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just going to reiterate that we need to trade AJ. He could net us a second or third round pick and we could fill holes on our team with it instead of keeping him on the team watching him flip through the playbook on the sidelines.

I dunno.

If you're just basing it off losing Z and Whit, most likely those replacements are already on the team. I know, I know, Ced played like a punter and we never saw a lot of the backup linemen... but that's who is going to start next year. That was the point of drafting them over the last few years.

So, really, we've still got the same holes we had before. Adding in another second at most wouldn't have much of an impact this season or even next.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We're going to need him when Ogbuehi's ineptitude gets Dalton injured.

Nice.  We can be like the Browns and start 3 or 4 QBs per year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice.  We can be like the Browns and start 3 or 4 QBs per year.

Agreed.  Except the Browns will probably beat us this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We're going to need him when Ogbuehi's ineptitude gets Dalton injured.

What are you talking about?

Cedric Ogbuehi....breakout star for 2017.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: What are you talking about?

Cedric Ogbuehi....breakout star for 2017.

You must have been reading Hobspin's great article on how Ogbuehi has been working out.  We all feel so much better now.   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote

I will never understand this train of thought.

"Our bullet proof vest didn't stop the bullet, thank god we kept this single piece of paper to try and use next to stop it!"

Trade McCarron and MAYBE try and fix the OL with the pick(s) you get, then maybe Dalton won't get hurt in the first place.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I will never understand this train of thought.

"Our bullet proof vest didn't stop the bullet, thank god we kept this single piece of paper to try and use next to stop it!"

Trade McCarron and MAYBE try and fix the OL with the pick(s) you get, then maybe Dalton won't get hurt in the first place.

We need someone with experience on the O line.  Even if we got a second round pick for McCarron, I doubt they could come in right away and fix the O line.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see who is going to want AJ. The Jets? I hear they like Cutler. Bears? They have Glennon now. Browns? Just traded for Brock.

I'll be surprised if they trade him at all. I just don't think the rest of the league sees him in the same light as a lot of his fan boys here do.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:42 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I just don't see who is going to want AJ. The Jets? I hear they like Cutler. Bears? They have Glennon now. Browns? Just traded for Brock.

I'll be surprised if they trade him at all. I just don't think the rest of the league sees him in the same light as a lot of his fan boys here do.

49ers signed Hoyer too.

There's barely any trade market left for AJM.

Obviously the Bengals priced him so high that other teams moved on.

So the question is that why do the Bengals see him in a different light than the rest of the league?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:04 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 49ers signed Hoyer too.

There's barely any trade market left for AJM.

Obviously the Bengals priced him so high that other teams moved on.

So the question is that why do the Bengals see him in a different light than the rest of the league?

AJ is exactly what we drafted him to be. A good 5th round backup. Nothing more. Nothing less. I like AJ but he was never going to get the Bengals a first round pick. That was a pipe dream without the pipe. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:42 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I just don't see who is going to want AJ. The Jets? I hear they like Cutler. Bears? They have Glennon now. Browns? Just traded for Brock.

I read a report that there's a chance the Jets would trade Richardson to the Bengals for McCarron and some other packages involved. This is coming from David Wyatt.

He reported later on that they're exploring options for a QB and attaching Richardson to the deal.

If that's the case, I'd jump all over that. He's very talented and makes a lot of sense. It makes sense for both teams.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I read a report that there's a chance the Jets would trade Richardson to the Bengals for McCarron and some other packages involved. This is coming from David Wyatt.

He reported later on that they're exploring options for a QB and attaching Richardson to the deal.

If that's the case, I'd jump all over that. He's very talented and makes a lot of sense. It makes sense for both teams.

Jay Cutler makes more sense for the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jay Cutler makes more sense for the Jets.

He does. There are reports of that. But they also don't want to give him a ton of money.

Also saw the 49ers could be interested as well.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote