Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
It's time we moved on from Green
(09-24-2017, 11:23 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I think the op needs to move on from her posting privileges

I quite enjoy it when I'm not fighting evil and shooing away tentacle monsters
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:29 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Brown, jones, Evans, Beckham jr, Bryant.

Not even top 5 bro.

Jones and Brown you can argue, but Evans, Beckham and Bryant. I want what you're smoking.  
Reply/Quote
This thread is hilarious. The only thing more hysterical than the OP is everyone falling for his obvious Fred impression.
Reply/Quote
Wait...we are blaming Green now? Bengals fans...now we will see AJ McCarron esque trade threads..."WHAT SHOULD WE GET AJ GREEN FOR?"

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is one of the best.....he's just like everyone else on this team though....when the lights are brightest....he becomes Bungalized.

It's not coaching or anything....it's all on Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, whoever is next. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
who got the go ahead TD pass in the playoff game against Pitt?
Reply/Quote
Its Time A.J. Moved on from the Bengals...Not the other way around...
Reply/Quote
There is some truth to this train of thought. If the team is going to go full rebuild, Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, would bring in a lot of draft picks and free up a lot of cap space to get it going. If you're going to rebuild, blow it up and start over. Top to bottom new coaching staff, move your best pieces for all you can get, and start from scratch.

That's not knocking our players, I believe Green is easily top 5 at his position. I just get tired of the "re-tooling" bullshit. You're competitive or you're not, you're rebuilding or you're not. Don't just half-ass it. Either we learn how to effectively use free agency and scout so that we can add to our core or we start over with a new core. That does make sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:06 AM)bonesaw Wrote: who got the go ahead TD pass in the playoff game against Pitt?

Literally the only play he made that entire game.

Plus he gets shutdown by good secondary's one on one.

See Seattle.
Reply/Quote
So you want to get rid of the only.....ONLY consistent offensive player. Smart armchair GM planning....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:20 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Literally the only play he made that entire game.

Plus he gets shutdown by good secondary's one on one.

See Seattle.
Sigh....
Okay,  here we go.
How do you expect him to catch the ball on a running play? He doesn't call the plays. 1st play in OT, a run. 
How do you expect him to catch it when Dalton is on his back? He can't play on the line.
How do you expect him to catch it when Dalton is sailing it over everyone and out of bounds? 
Honestly, this thread is the dumbest assessment I ever read in my life. To imply Green isn't elite and the best player we have makes it clear you don't even watch the team.
GTFO with this level of stupid. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: AJ Green is one of the best.....he's just like everyone else on this team though....when the lights are brightest....he becomes Bungalized.

It's not coaching or anything....it's all on Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, whoever is next. Ninja

I think the obvious logic flaw in the OP's assertion is that Green can't throw himself the ball.

It's not like he had drops or fumbles. He gets double-teamed and still has big games.

For how great people think our skill players are...Eifert doesn't play much, Ross hasn't done anything, Boyd is a slot guy, Lafell isn't instilling fear in defenses, Core doesn't play much.

Our entire offense is basically AJ Green and RB screens. Teams allow Lafell, Boyd, and our running game try to beat them and double and triple Green.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the obvious logic flaw in the OP's assertion is that Green can't throw himself the ball.

It's not like he had drops or fumbles. He gets double-teamed and still has big games.

For how great people think our skill players are...Eifert doesn't play much, Ross hasn't done anything, Boyd is a slot guy, Lafell isn't instilling fear in defenses, Core doesn't play much.

Our entire offense is basically AJ Green and RB screens. Teams allow Lafell, Boyd, and our running game try to beat them and double and triple Green.

Brother, I have been preaching that our skill players are not what everyone builds them up to be. Yes, we have talent, but every year it's "we have the best talent in the league, teh eva!!!!!!" and it's just not true. Green is all world and Eifert makes plays when healthy, but that's it. Everybody talks about how Dalton has to be surrounded by the best talent, but besides Green where is the rest of this best talent?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:48 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sigh....
Okay,  here we go.
How do you expect him to catch the ball on a running play? He doesn't call the plays. 1st play in OT, a run. 
How do you expect him to catch it when Dalton is on his back? He can't play on the line.
How do you expect him to catch it when Dalton is sailing it over everyone and out of bounds? 
Honestly, this thread is the dumbest assessment I ever read in my life. To imply Green isn't elite and the best player we have makes it clear you don't even watch the team.
GTFO with this level of stupid. 

It's the right assessment.

Green has done some good thing for he; he's made quite a few football plays.

Over time, you'll look back at this thread and know I was correct.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the obvious logic flaw in the OP's assertion is that Green can't throw himself the ball.

No doubt.  Dalton has lost it here.....it's time for new scenery for him, AND the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This isn't far fetched. The Dalton/Green window/era is closed. We are about 5 years out of being a legitimate contender, both careers will be on the decline by then. No team in recent memory with an "elite" receiver has won a Superbowl.

Nothing against Green, he is elite, but the Dalton/Green era is over and we are too bad to recover while he is in his prime. Get what we can from all of our aging stars (Green,Dalton,Dunlap,Atkins) and rebuild Cleveland style.

We can go 1-15 without them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So..The plan is to trade away ALL good players to make losing much more paletable ?That's a built in excuse to support a losing franchise if ever there was one. 
Might as well dump every player and use a reverse draft scheme of drafting from the bottom of the barrel upwards. Guys who would ordinarily not get drafted at all get picked #1 and guys who would ordinarily be CFA's picked early and often..
Wait, it's been done before..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Another common thread..let all our best players leave so they can go elsewhere because they deserve championship rings..
I don't care what happens to them once they leave. In fact once a player leaves I hope they never sniff winning ever again. I only want OUR team to win and not some other team with our former players..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yes 3-13 with a bad roster and multiple high picks, is more palatable than going 3-13 with a "loaded" roster. I'll admit.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I've pondered this question for a while now. Green is an elite receiver and no one can deny that.

But I am looking at Detroit. Calvin Johnson, arguably one of the best WRs to ever play in the NFL, abruptly retired. He was Stafford's favorite WR and the Lions lived and died by how well those two could hookup during games.

But now that Johnson is gone, Stafford is still carrying the team. Instead of trying to force the ball to Johnson in critical moments or pressure, he is making the reads and finding receivers in the progression. The Lions are right there in what seems like every ballgame using a relatively unknown cast of offensive weapons and a middle of the pack defense.

I want to see what Andy could do if he wasn't trying to force the ball to Green. Every game broadcast seems to bring up that AJ and Andy have hooked up for something like 3rd most TDs in a certain span, but also have the most INTs when trying to connect. As much as I'd hate to see Green leave, I am not sure keeping him will net us a Super Bowl given the current state of the roster/coaching.

A long time ago, it was publicly known that we were offered 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson. I wonder if AJ could net us an even bigger return than that to improve our weaker positions and see what our other highly drafted offensive weapons can do without the ball being forced to AJ every other play.
Reply/Quote