Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
It's time we moved on from Green

Reply/Quote
He should have had Two TDs against the Chargers, He is playing with a Rookie QB, and he has played against two premier CBs in the league in back to back weeks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote: You da man Bigzo...

But no; I couldn't tell ya what you said earlier today let alone a few years ago. Most of the team, and damn near all the staff is ass too. Did you call that?

Nah. I expected multiple SB wins by now. That’s been my
Prediction since playing the bengals in madden 06.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: He should have had Two TDs against the Chargers, He is playing with a Rookie QB, and he has played against two premier CBs in the league in back to back weeks.

When is “he had premier CBS covering him” An excuse for a top tier receiver?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When is “he had premier CBS covering him” An excuse for a top tier receiver?

Pretty much every time a team played Revis in his prime, or Jalen Ramsey, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much every time a team played Revis in his prime, or Jalen Ramsey, etc.

A.J. taking him down via rear naked choke hold is still one of my favorite replays.

Revis shut people down and let his play do the talking, he didn't need to get inside your heard, he just was that good. Ramsey is certainly a shut down corner, just hard to like him with all the talking and self promoting he feels he needs to do.

But to the point of the thread, two weeks, two top tier CBs glued to him with help and he hasn't player a real football snap in nearly two years. A.J. may have lost a step, but it is too early to call that right now, the guy is just getting used to being on a field again after a very long hiatus and he is matched up with a new QB for the first time in his pro career.

If he still looks slow and sluggish in week 8 or 9, I'll be worried.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No way only 2 games in to the season, and you want to dump a future HOF. he is not the reason the team is 0-2. They have no O-Line and they are a terrible tackling team, and a bad HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much every time a team played Revis in his prime, or Jalen Ramsey, etc.

Denzel Ward?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved
On from Green to everyone’s jeers.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-It-s-time-we-moved-on-from-Green?page=4

Since then, he’s played in as many games as I have fingers and has been ass for 2 games now.

What kills me is he got the superstar treatment by not having to practice, and we only have a handful of underwhelming catches to show for it.

So....are you listening now?

I agreed with you back then and I also said time to move on from Geno. But we're not like NE, we don't trade at the right time. Our players are assets, to lose them to free agency or for nothing is bad.
Reply/Quote
Is this for real? You dig this up and thump your chest over 2 games? Wow.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:18 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Denzel Ward?

What about him? He’s a very good CB. That’s why he was a top 5 pick.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:23 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Is this for real? You dig this up and thump your chest over 2 games? Wow.

2 games AND a season-in-a-half cheif.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 12:30 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: 2 games AND a season-in-a-half cheif.

What's a "season IN a half"?  Cheif.   Yawn

AJ will be fine.  
Reply/Quote
It’s aj greens fault that burrow keeps missing him?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s aj greens fault that burrow keeps missing him?

Apparently so.  According to the OP.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 11:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, because 2 games isn't a good time to pass judgement.

We just need the squeelers to remind us where we stand Hehe
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s aj greens fault that burrow keeps missing him?

Bingo.
Green's catchable target rate is 68.2% which is 86th for WRs. - https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aj-green/
Similarly, John Ross's catchable target rate is 71.4% which is 75th for WRs - https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/john-ross/
However, Tyler Boyd's catchable target rate is 92.3% which is 18th best.
Drew Sample's catchable target rate is 90.0%, which is 12th among TEs.

The average target distance for each receiver:
Green = 15.4 yards
Ross = 12.0 yards
Boyd = 8.1 yards
Sample = 5.2 yards

Joe Burrow's catchable pass rate for all receivers is 80.4% which is 8th among QBs.

So what we can deduce from this is that Burrow is (much) more accurate below 10 yards downfield compared to beyond.
That and/or Burrow hasn't had enough time to get in sync with AJ and Ross due to both of them missing multiple weeks of training camp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Go away
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bingo.
Green's catchable target rate is 68.2% which is 86th for WRs. - https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aj-green/
Similarly, John Ross's catchable target rate is 71.4% which is 75th for WRs - https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/john-ross/
However, Tyler Boyd's catchable target rate is 92.3% which is 18th best.
Drew Sample's catchable target rate is 90.0%, which is 12th among TEs.

The average target distance for each receiver:
Green = 15.4 yards
Ross = 12.0 yards
Boyd = 8.1 yards
Sample = 5.2 yards

Joe Burrow's catchable pass rate for all receivers is 80.4% which is 8th among QBs.

So what we can deduce from this is that Burrow is (much) more accurate below 10 yards downfield compared to beyond.
That and/or Burrow hasn't had enough time to get in sync with AJ and Ross due to both of them missing multiple weeks of training camp.

Burrow has missed some throws to AJ.  At the same time, there's a huge gap between his Catchable Target% and his Catch%.  AJ's issues are primarily his own, not Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 01:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burrow has missed some throws to AJ.  At the same time, there's a huge gap between his Catchable Target% and his Catch%.  AJ's issues are primarily his own, not Burrow.

AJ is having issues catching and Burrow is having issues getting catchable balls to AJ. Both can be true, and both are.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote