Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
It's time we moved on from Green
The Bengals did the correct thing with AJ by franchising him and only being on the hook for 1 year.

I don't care what you say, when you have a rookie QB and WR coming in, you keep guys on the roster that will help them succeed. Nobody knew how AJ would look this year, hell nobody knows what he will look like at the end of the year. We weren't getting a huge haul for him, so it made sense to keep him on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: What's a "season IN a half"?  Cheif.   Yawn

AJ will be fine.  

1.5 seasons. He missed half of one during mervs
Last year and zac Taylor’s entire first season.

Season-and-a-half buddy boy.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When is “he had premier CBS covering him”  An excuse for a top tier receiver?

And AJ still should of had 2 TD's against Heyward, yes a premier CB, as is Denzel Ward.

No excuses, just a bad time for you go and atta boy yourself after 2 games playing with a rookie QB...

WITH NO PRESEASON REPS!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 05:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And AJ still should of had 2 TD's against Heyward, yes a premier CB, as is Denzel Ward.

No excuses, just a bad time for you go and atta boy yourself after 2 games playing with a rookie QB...

WITH NO PRESEASON REPS!!!

DingDing
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's Saturday the 26th and i'm still not listening. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to buy into this right now when there wasn’t much of an offseason.

I think he shows flashes of what could be, which is what I expected all things considered.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved
On from Green to everyone’s jeers.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-It-s-time-we-moved-on-from-Green?page=4

Since then, he’s played in as many games as I have fingers and has been ass for 2 games now.

What kills me is he got the superstar treatment by not having to practice, and we only have a handful of underwhelming catches to show for it.

So....are you listening now?

I was just thinking while watching the game Thursday Night. Hey I remember a few years ago when THE Bozoman  said it was time  we moved on from Green and everyone jeered. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon doesn't look worth a damn either. We should move on from him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's Saturday the 26th and i'm still not listening. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: Joe Mixon doesn't look worth a damn either. We should move on from him.

I don't think anyone is listening.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved

Since then, he’s played in as many games as I have fingers and has been ass for 2 games now.

What kills me is he got the superstar treatment by not having to practice, and we only have a handful of underwhelming catches to show for it.

We heard you..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
/thread...
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the issue is with Green or Mixon, per se. That could-be last minute touchdown was a thing of beauty if Green had been more subtle. In regards to Mixon, Barkley had a hard time having success before getting injured and no one is saying he isn’t talented. The state of the NFL is anti run, pro spread which I don’t think favors either Green or Mixon. Should we have paid to have both on the team - I have been a vocal no for quite a bit even without the injuries (Green, more so than Mixon) - I was in favor of trading Dunlap, too. But I am happy to have those two still both on the team.

The bigger issue I see is that both offensive and defensive schemes are rigid. We lost to the Browns because they consistently gashed us on counters through the backside B-Gap because both our LB and DT were lined up too close to the strong side. There is some rock paper scissor decisions to this, but they have to be willing to lose some battles inconsistently on the strong side to protect the weak side. I expect a more fluid defense later in the season considering that players are still getting used to their respective schemes. The offense has been aided by Burrow whose accuracy in all facets of the passing game has been a hell of a lot better than Dalton through two games, but this is the third year in a row where we have been reliant on a short pass pro scheme because of our offensive line. This doesn’t take advantage of either Mixon or Green who can do things others can’t, but aren’t able to do those things. This is why the Nick Chubbs of the NFL are having the most success - they are no frills with an all around skill set. Until the NFL allows the under center, inside rush to occur again, I don’t think the premium skill position players(not including QBs) will be as important, rather consistent pass catchers and north and south runners with decent athleticism. This is why teams like the Ravens who have focused on OL and have an RB like Ingram are winning.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 11:15 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I don’t think the issue is with Green or Mixon, per se. That could-be last minute touchdown was a thing of beauty if Green had been more subtle. In regards to Mixon, Barkley had a hard time having success before getting injured and no one is saying he isn’t talented. The state of the NFL is anti run, pro spread which I don’t think favors either Green or Mixon. Should we have paid to have both on the team - I have been a vocal no for quite a bit even without the injuries (Green, more so than Mixon) - I was in favor of trading Dunlap, too. But I am happy to have those two still both on the team.

The bigger issue I see is that both offensive and defensive schemes are rigid. We lost to the Browns because they consistently gashed us on counters through the backside B-Gap because both our LB and DT were lined up too close to the strong side. There is some rock paper scissor decisions to this, but they have to be willing to lose some battles inconsistently on the strong side to protect the weak side. I expect a more fluid defense later in the season considering that players are still getting used to their respective schemes. The offense has been aided by Burrow whose accuracy in all facets of the passing game has been a hell of a lot better than Dalton through two games, but this is the third year in a row where we have been reliant on a short pass pro scheme because of our offensive line. This doesn’t take advantage of either Mixon or Green who can do things others can’t, but aren’t able to do those things. This is why the Nick Chubbs of the NFL are having the most success - they are no frills with an all around skill set. Until the NFL allows the under center, inside rush to occur again, I don’t think the premium skill position players(not including QBs) will be as important, rather consistent pass catchers and north and south runners with decent athleticism. This is why teams like the Ravens who have focused on OL and have an RB like Ingram are winning.

I'd say it's mostly the line of the Raven's that you mentioned... Then scheme, and coaching and all the rest come in. We'll probably never know, but I'm willing to wager that if Alvin Kamara were here, and Joe Mixon were there we'd see different versions of both players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved

I remember when you wrote you were a Cowboys’ fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 11:50 PM)jason Wrote: I'd say it's mostly the line of the Raven's that you mentioned... Then scheme, and coaching and all the rest come in. We'll probably never know, but I'm willing to wager that if Alvin Kamara were here, and How Mixon were there we'd see different versions of both players.

Correct, maybe I should should have emphasized that more. The point being is that the offensive line makes Ingram, Ingram does not make the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's Saturday the 26th and i'm still not listening. 

That sounds like the trailer for a boring 80s slasher movie. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That sounds like the trailer for a boring 80s slasher movie. 

Equal parts Chicago and Bangels lyrics as well.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:16 AM)jason Wrote: Equal parts Chicago and Bangels lyrics as well.

Can't tell.  I'm not listening.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:05 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Name a game where he was clutch against a team not named Baltimore.

Atlanta 2018 to start
Reply/Quote