Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will be tough to go 0-6 over these next 6 games...
(11-22-2019, 08:37 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: The Bengals are so inept that even the likes of Adam Gase and Freddie Kitchens will know how to exploit the weaknesses of the Bengals. Hell, the main reason Kitchens even got a job was cause the Browns embarrassed us twice last season. I'll never believe we'll beat Pittsburgh until we beat them. They still have a good defense so our OL will struggle.

I do think we'll split with Cleveland and maybe win the Miami game, but even then there might be some separation hopefully. Giants got some winnable games coming up, as well the Jets. Miami beats us and that gives them 3 wins. Really, Washington is the only team I'm concerned about as of now. We still have a 2-3 loss advantage against most teams.

It depends. Some teams, like the Raiders played us straight up. (With a closer result).

The Steelers customized their playbook with misdirection...and beat us bad.

That's basically the difference you see.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: -Steelers @ Home - Without Roethlisberger, and likely Conner, Dionte Johnson, and Juju. And missing Pouncey.

-Jets @ Home - Jets are really bad. 3-7 (1-4 on the Road)

-@ Browns - 4 Wins. Their coach is clueless

-Patriots @ Home - Loss

-@ Dolphins - 2 Wins. IF we win some of the earlier games, the Dolphins may have a shot at the top pick...so we could lose. The Dolphins do look better than us now. I guess it will depend on who wants to lose more.

-Browns @ Home - See above.

It's REALLY hard to go 0-16.

Although some of the young guys played hard against the Raiders, there is now the dissention among the team that "we would have won with 14 at the helm"...

Finley will throw picks against the Jets and Browns that will cost them those potentially close games.  steelers always get up to bully the Bengals.   And I will be sending prostitutes to their rooms in Miami.  The real risk is that the Pats, who look like shit on offense, limp in here and the Bengals get 100% from all the players and after they knock Finley out of the game, Dalton comes in and defeats the Pats.

And in other news, after defeating the Pats, Bengal's leadership will "roll with what they have" as they now believe they have the talent to win. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 09:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 0-16 would be quite the amazing thing since it would mean the two worst records in NFL history will have occurred within the same division within the span of what...2 years?  Pretty low odds on that happening, so that would be something.

It's sort of like that 4 year span where all 4 teams in the AFC South took a turn at going 2-14.

don't you forget about them lions they share the history...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't you forget about them lions they share the history...

I know, in 2008, I was just saying it's only happened once before and then the Browns and now it might happen again so soon and in the same division...that'd be pretty wacky.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know, in 2008, I was just saying it's only happened once before and then the Browns and now it might happen again so soon and in the same division...that'd be pretty wacky.

What's wacky to me, or funny ? ironic, I don't know ? Is that before the season and even after the Seattle game, if you would have told me this team would be looking down the barrel of 0fer I'd have laughed out loud. Yes I had me some kool-aid.

I had 7-9, 8-8 in mind. I thought there's no way we'll win less than 6 and who knows, with some luck 9 wins. Then the niners came along and the writing was on the wall. They kinda, sorta was in the Bills game. Then the Steelers put the icing on the cake. All downhill from there.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know, in 2008, I was just saying it's only happened once before and then the Browns and now it might happen again so soon and in the same division...that'd be pretty wacky.

Somehow I feel if we had hired hue we might have 1 win by now... lol
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Somehow I feel if we had hired hue we might have 1 win by now... lol

Depends on who he picked as his DC. Offensively we'd certainly be better and would definitely have won at least a couple just on better offense alone. With a better DC, might have even more than a couple wins.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Somehow I feel if we had hired hue we might have 1 win by now... lol

Hue had an 8-8 start as a HC and then ended up being 11-41-1 for the rest of his HC-ing career...ouch.  Get on it Zac, those 11 wins and 1 tie ain't gonna just fall from the sky!

(11-22-2019, 01:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Depends on who he picked as his DC. Offensively we'd certainly be better and would definitely have won at least a couple just on better offense alone. With a better DC, might have even more than a couple wins.

Paul Geunther taking a lateral move to the woebegone Raiders to get out of here should have been more of a telling sign than we initially figured.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue had an 8-8 start as a HC and then ended up being 11-41-1 for the rest of his HC-ing career...ouch.  Get on it Zac, those 11 wins and 1 tie ain't gonna just fall from the sky!

Paul Geunther taking a lateral move to the woebegone Raiders to get out of here should have been more of a telling sign than we initially figured.

Yeah his time in the factory of sadness was his own fault he should have know better than to go to our most hated rival

but our offense was never the same after he left the OC position.. (hes a great Offensive Coordinator imo)
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 01:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah his time in the factory of sadness was his own fault he should have know better than to go to our most hated rival

but our offense was never the same after he left the OC position.. (hes a great Offensive Coordinator imo)

Ehh, I don't blame him in the sense that he made a career move to get up into the HC echelon again, plus if he stayed here he would have just been jettisoned when Marvin walked away so the "new dey enema" could commence.  I can't really blame anyone for trying their fortunes outside of Cincy because other than Palmer going 4-12 in 2012 when we were one our streak it's not like leaving really came back to bite anyone in the arse.

At no point has anyone missed out on greatness or a ring by leaving the Bengals.  This really hits home as we watched Dalton take a team-friendly deal and play good soldier and get benched for his loyalty while Esiason and Palmer both bailed and at least got to get pummeled somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
Every team left on the schedule will move the ball at will against this defense. The Steelers are currently offensively challenged, but their defense will probably score so there goes that advantage.
Browns,Pat's,Jets, will all have their way.
Hell, the Dolphins can throw it a little. Fortunately, their defense is ALMOST as bad as Cincy's. We might be able to beat them? Maybe?? Don't hold your breath.
Reply/Quote
In the offseason, everyone always says I'm overly negative...and 'I'll see'. The 1 point loss at Seattle was validation that Zac had things moving in the right direction.

Now, I'm basically like...we might win 1 or 2 games TOTAL this year and most of the board is acting like I'm crazy.
Reply/Quote

The wacky part is someone beat the Bengals to it. I always figured we'd be first. Really amazed its taken this long.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 02:23 PM)R3stangs Wrote: The wacky part is someone beat the Bengals to it. I always figured we'd be first. Really amazed its taken this long.

Indeed.

It takes REALLY BAD COACHING to be that bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In the offseason, everyone always says I'm overly negative...and 'I'll see'. The 1 point loss at Seattle was validation that Zac had things moving in the right direction.

Now, I'm basically like...we might win 1 or 2 games TOTAL this year and most of the board is acting like I'm crazy.

I think you're absolutely correct! I'm not sure we can beat any of the teams left on the schedule? Maybe the Dolphins? Maybe this depleted Pitt squad? I think Baker has his way with this defense. Obviously, TB will.
Any team that can move the ball and put up points can beat this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 04:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think you're absolutely correct! I'm not sure we can beat any of the teams left on the schedule? Maybe the Dolphins? Maybe this depleted Pitt squad? I think Baker has his way with this defense. Obviously, TB will.
Any team that can move the ball and put up points can beat this team.

Browns ability to run the ball with whats his name makes those games very iffy at best. But in the same breath they're a team in turmoil so who knows ?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 04:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Browns ability to run the ball with whats his name makes those games very iffy at best. But in the same breath they're a team in turmoil so who knows ?

Chubb and they have Hunt. And Njoku just came back.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You are right about 0-16 being hard to do. It is a feat of awfulness in the NFL and very teams have ever accomplished. But if any owner fully deserves it that owner would be Mike Brown.

Well Mikey can't let Kraft be the first to 300....

And for the love of God, can someone please tell Mikey that it's fastest to WINS not LOSSES.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 04:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well Mikey can't let Kraft be the first to 300....

And for the love of God, can someone please tell Mikey that it's fastest to WINS not LOSSES.

If you haven't read MB's wiki page go check it out. Just have a bottle close it's quite depressing.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 04:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you haven't read MB's wiki page go check it out. Just have a bottle close it's quite depressing.

I'm reading it now....someone might want to change this part:

This coincided with the Bengals' return to respectability; they have made the playoffs in all but two seasons since 2009.[31]
Reply/Quote