Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-22-2023, 08:32 PM)jason Wrote: He's 24 though... Probably a lil closer to a finished product than it might appear on the surface. He'll definitely improve with experience though.

Forgot he was that old, funny that that is old now a days. He looked pretty good yesterday as well, just some miscommunication going on
and Browning throwing a couple really bad interceptions is what doomed us along with poor angles on Defense. Dax Hill took a bad angle 
that resulted in the first Pickens TD. Logan even took some bad angles once again and Pratt was terrible all day against the stool.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Forgot he was that old, funny that that is old now a days. He looked pretty good yesterday as well, just some miscommunication going on
and Browning throwing a couple really bad interceptions is what doomed us along with poor angles on Defense. Dax Hill took a bad angle 
that resulted in the first Pickens TD. Logan even took some bad angles once again and Pratt was terrible all day against the stool.

He's by no means old... It's just that he's older than Ja'Marr who's wrapping up his 3rd season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the results this year sure prove it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:00 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah, the results this year sure prove it.

Lol….people need to take the rose color glasses off because it is very premature to make this claim. I don’t see a single perennial all pro taking the field. They are all average at best right now. Based on last nights performance they all stunk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol….people need to take the rose color glasses off because it is very premature to make this claim.  I don’t see a single perennial all pro taking the field.  They are all average at best right now.  Based on last nights performance they all stunk

Some of these guys are forced to play because we don't have anyone better.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol….people need to take the rose color glasses off because it is very premature to make this claim. I don’t see a single perennial all pro taking the field. They are all average at best right now. Based on last nights performance they all stunk

We’re judging rookies on whether or not they look like All Pro’s now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol….people need to take the rose color glasses off because it is very premature to make this claim.  I don’t see a single perennial all pro taking the field.  They are all average at best right now.  Based on last nights performance they all stunk

What a ridiculous reply.  A draft class can be good without having any all-pros in it.  If a 5th round pick becomes a good RB thats a good pick.  If a 2nd round pick becomes a solid starter at corner thats a good pick. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote

I'm with you. Nothing has shown me that any of these dudes will ever get in the HOF
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 08:53 PM)jason Wrote: He's by no means old... It's just that he's older than Ja'Marr who's wrapping up his 3rd season.

I forget how young Ja'Marr is some times. Need to extend him in the Offseason and keep him here for a long damn time.

(12-24-2023, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re judging rookies on whether or not they look like All Pro’s now?

Makes sense. Mellow

(12-25-2023, 12:43 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What a ridiculous reply.  A draft class can be good without having any all-pros in it.  If a 5th round pick becomes a good RB thats a good pick.  If a 2nd round pick becomes a solid starter at corner thats a good pick. 

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I understand Jones has been injuried some but has not done much outside of the one td return, he is avg less than 8 yds return in his other 18 returns and has 4 catches for 15 yards. his rookie year does not warrant anything much more than incomplete
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I understand Jones has been injuried some but has not done much outside of the one td return, he is avg less than 8 yds return in his other 18 returns and has 4 catches for 15 yards. his rookie year does not warrant anything much  more than incomplete
Yes, incomplete. Especially since his rookie year is not over, yet. One big game can inflate stats when there isn't much to add to it. Three months from now, if he has  a couple of decent games to finish out the season, they will just blend in and make his season look semi-productive.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:43 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What a ridiculous reply.  A draft class can be good without having any all-pros in it.  If a 5th round pick becomes a good RB thats a good pick.  If a 2nd round pick becomes a solid starter at corner thats a good pick. 

A successful draft class should have at least one person who can become all pro. “Knocking it out of the park” would have to be that. They need a game changer, someone where the opposing team schemes around. There is no one in this draft class that would make me think this situation exists. Like I said, they are average.

I think it is hilarious how some of you think this draft class was great. Chuck Sizzle is a perfect example. He scored one freaking touchdown on a punt return and hasn’t done anything else. Chase Brown one good game and everyone thinks he is the next guy. Average

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:31 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol….people need to take the rose color glasses off because it is very premature to make this claim. I don’t see a single perennial all pro taking the field. They are all average at best right now. Based on last nights performance they all stunk

Knocking it out of the park headline may be over the top. But it looks to be solid as all may contribute. Not easy on a AFC title contender year after year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:38 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: A successful draft class should have at least one person who can become all pro.  “Knocking it out of the park” would have to be that.  They need a game changer, someone where the opposing team schemes around.  There is no one in this draft class that would make me think this situation exists.  Like I said, they are average.  

I think it is hilarious how some of you think this draft class was great.  Chuck Sizzle is a perfect example.  He scored one freaking touchdown on a punt return and hasn’t done anything else. Chase Brown one good game and everyone thinks he is the next guy.  Average

We have no idea on all pros, many good players are not all pro as rookies and there are many good players that never get all pro.  Your standards mean Logan Wilson who has been a solid player would be a failed pick since he has not achieved all pro 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 04:38 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: A successful draft class should have at least one person who can become all pro.  “Knocking it out of the park” would have to be that.  They need a game changer, someone where the opposing team schemes around.  There is no one in this draft class that would make me think this situation exists.  Like I said, they are average.  

I think it is hilarious how some of you think this draft class was great.  Chuck Sizzle is a perfect example.  He scored one freaking touchdown on a punt return and hasn’t done anything else. Chase Brown one good game and everyone thinks he is the next guy.  Average

I personally believe Myles Murphy and DJ Turner have the talent to become All Pro one day. But they will have to work their asses off to 
become so. Jordan Battle has had about as solid of a rookie season as you can expect. Chase Brown has ridiculous speed from what we 
saw in the Indy game. Yah never know.

A successful draft class is when all the rookies contribute in a positive way. I would say all have except Robbins who has been bad.

True on Chuck Sizzle, his season hasn't been good besides the one punt return. But this has been because of injuries, similar to Brown.
Reply/Quote
LA Rams knocked the draft out of the park. They produced 4 starters. Two stars in Puka Nacua and the DT Kobie Turner
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This draft is turning out to exactly what I thought it was. A bunch of serviceable guys. Roster fillers but no pro bowlers or all pros. I’m not highly impressed with any of them. That being said, it’s still early, so that can change. For a SB window team, I think it’s actually a fail. It would have been better to find one stud who looks like he could be a pro bowler. That didn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This draft is turning out to exactly what I thought it was. A bunch of serviceable guys. Roster fillers but no pro bowlers or all pros. I’m not highly impressed with any of them. That being said, it’s still early, so that can change. For a SB window team, I think it’s actually a fail. It would have been better to find one stud who looks like he could be a pro bowler. That didn’t happen.

What was it about Jordan Battle's rookie year that led you to believe he can never be a star? I believe he was one of the higher-rated rookies in the draft.

Eminem improved as the season progressed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What was it about Jordan Battle's rookie year that led you to believe he can never be a star? I believe he was one of the higher-rated rookies in the draft.

Eminem improved as the season progressed

How does he compare to other starting S? Next year he isn’t a rookie and he’ll be compared to the rest of the league. He looks the best of the Rookie class, but doesn’t look like a por bowler, just a solid starter.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This draft is turning out to exactly what I thought it was. A bunch of serviceable guys. Roster fillers but no pro bowlers or all pros. I’m not highly impressed with any of them. That being said, it’s still early, so that can change. For a SB window team, I think it’s actually a fail. It would have been better to find one stud who looks like he could be a pro bowler. That didn’t happen.

Consistently drafting serviceable players is how teams maintain their SB window. Once those big contracts come due, you need to start replacing more guys. If a team can draft serviceable players, then that is a win. 

Also, it's a bit soon to grade this draft. These guys have a couple more years to adjust to the NFL but the fact that so many of them played and contributed this early is a very good sign. 
Reply/Quote