Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
Not sure if this goes here or media vault ?

And I've still never mastered imbedding if somebody can. I just found it pretty interesting what Joe said about Jesse Bates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BClddnAEVw
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2022, 03:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not sure if this goes here or media vault ?

And I've still never mastered imbedding if somebody can. I just found it pretty interesting what Joe said about Jesse Bates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BClddnAEVw

No worries, sir. I got you. Embedded below. 

(06-14-2022, 04:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No worries, sir. I got you. Embedded below. 

I liked (and could relate to) this particular statement of his:  

"We got a great locker room. Guys you want to be around every day. So, when you have those kinds of guys, its fun coming into work everyday." 
(06-14-2022, 03:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just found it pretty interesting what Joe said about Jesse Bates.

It was interesting. Starts at 11 minute mark for those who want to skip to that.
(06-14-2022, 04:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: I liked (and could relate to) this particular statement of his:  

"We got a great locker room. Guys you want to be around every day. So, when you have those kinds of guys, its fun coming into work everyday." 

Right and I believe he's being fully sincere. Not just playerspeak stuff.
(06-14-2022, 05:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: It was interesting. Starts at 11 minute mark for those who want to skip to that.

Joe seems all in on Bates.
Sounds like Joe is shedding the knee brace this year...
(06-14-2022, 05:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Sounds like Joe is shedding the knee brace this year...

He seems determined to go without if he can.
(06-14-2022, 05:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Sounds like Joe is shedding the knee brace this year...

(06-14-2022, 05:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He seems determined to go without if he can.

I don't think it actually makes much of a difference.  Mostly psychological.  Some players claim they don't feel fully healed as long as they are wearing a brace.
(06-14-2022, 04:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: I liked (and could relate to) this particular statement of his:  

Zac has done great here in this regard
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

and of all the soundbites from a 15 minutes press conference. THIS is the one the NFL chose to promote.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(06-14-2022, 07:41 PM)pally Wrote: and of all the soundbites from a 15 minutes press conference.  THIS is the one the NFL chose to promote.  

Things that make you say hmmmmmm
(06-14-2022, 07:41 PM)pally Wrote: and of all the soundbites from a 15 minutes press conference. THIS is the one the NFL chose to promote.

It’s the one to likely get the most clicks. You’ll have both sides getting angry driving up engagement of the tweet. He didn’t really say anything crazy and even said he gets paid to play football at the end. But social media is addicted to “controversial” sound bites because it drives engagement.
Add Burrows to the sign Bates campaign.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-14-2022, 10:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Add Burrows to the sign Bates campaign.

Well, ofc he’s going to say pay Bates. He’s a good leader and teammate. But he’s also going to want Tee and Chase paid as well. And probably secretly even more so.

Also - shame on you for “Burrows” Gaah

(06-14-2022, 07:41 PM)pally Wrote: and of all the soundbites from a 15 minutes press conference.  THIS is the one the NFL chose to promote.  

Good for the NFL.

And, BTW Joe nailed the answer.  DON'T MAKE THE GUNS ILLEGAL.  Just make some reasonable regulations to keep them out of the wrong hands.
“With everything that’s going on, if you’re not going to outlaw everything, you’ve got to at least make it harder to get those crazy guns that everybody’s using,” Burrow told reporters.

I'm not much of a gun person, does anyone know which guns are "crazy guns"?

Also, which guns does he think "everybody’s using"? Reporters need to follow up on this to get clarification.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
(06-15-2022, 12:59 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Reporters need to follow up on this to get clarification.

From legislators, sure. Reporters can **** off otherwise.
Classic example of the someone who is not all that well informed on a subject being trapped into a soundbite. "You shouldn't be able to walk in there and buy one, you should have to go through a rigorous process." You do, you have to pass an FBI background check, to purchase any gun through a dealer. Why in the heck are they asking a football player about Constitutional issues anyway?
(06-15-2022, 12:59 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Also, which guns does he think "everybody’s using"?  Reporters need to follow up on this to get clarification.

No they don't. They should leave it alone.