Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Is Liking Cincinnati!
(05-15-2021, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I grew up around some of those areas. Had a gun put in my face once or thrice.

You have to adopt a certain mentality around those parts or you get chewed up and spit out.

It's funny, when I moved to Michigan, some dude was staring at me in a parking lot, and I was getting myself ready to throw down. We get closer and he's just like "hey man, how's it going?" LOL

I had to work the Covington out of me. Mellow

I live about 3 to 5 blocks away from those areas, but i've never had any trouble where i am. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some of you make it sound as if Cincinnati isn't the absolute Mecca of excitement. That's why I left Ohio..I can't handle all the excitement.. Well,  that and a few legal issues .. I was actually tossed in jail because my dog ran away in Ohio. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I live about 3 to 5 blocks away from those areas, but i've never had any trouble where i am. 

Consider yourself lucky or careful. As long as you avoid certain areas like Ida Spence, 12th and Greenup, Latonia Terrace, and some of the areas around Main Strausse late at night, you should be fine. Oh, and don't "fit the description" of someone the cops are looking for, which accounts for 2 of the 3 times I've had guns pulled on me. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I grew up in Oxford and started college at Miami, but transferred to Montana. You live out here for a few decades and come to understand weather changes in Cincy are mild. As just one example, it was 82 here 2 days ago. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. We've had temps as low as -48 and hot as 108.

People are moving here in droves. We were the fastest growing city in the states with a population of less than 50K, but we're now well over 50K.

Our property value has gone up more than 5X in the 21 years since we purchased In '99. Our airport offers flights to 30 cities non-stop. And yes, the view of the skyline in Cincinnati is beautiful, but I long ago decided I liked the view of mountains more. And hey, now Trae Waynes owns the property that touches mine, so Bengals are even more a part of my life.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:49 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote:  And hey, now Trae Waynes owns the property that touches mine,  so Bengals are even more a part of my life.

I'd have a big ol' Bengals flag flying from my Flagpole....
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:49 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I grew up in Oxford and started college at Miami, but transferred to Montana. You live out here for a few decades and come to understand weather changes in Cincy are mild. As just one example, it was 82 here 2 days ago. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. We've had temps as low as -48 and hot as 108.

People are moving here in droves. We were the fastest growing city in the states with a population of less than 50K, but we're now well over 50K.

Our property value has gone up more than 5X in the 21 years since we purchased In '99. Our airport offers flights to 30 cities non-stop.  And yes, the view of the skyline in Cincinnati is beautiful, but I long ago decided I liked the view of mountains more. And hey, now Trae Waynes owns the property that touches mine,  so Bengals are even more a part of my life.

i mean skyline is delicious but im not sure any of the stores are beautiful...   unless your really hungry.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:49 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I grew up in Oxford and started college at Miami, but transferred to Montana. You live out here for a few decades and come to understand weather changes in Cincy are mild. As just one example, it was 82 here 2 days ago. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. We've had temps as low as -48 and hot as 108.

Our property value has gone up more than 5X in the 21 years since we purchased In '99. Our airport offers flights to 30 cities non-stop.  And yes, the view of the skyline in Cincinnati is beautiful, but I long ago decided I liked the view of mountains more. And hey, now Trae Waynes owns the property that touches mine,  so Bengals are even more a part of my life.

Never been to Montana and it borders my state. Hope to check it out someday. Yeah, we have had it snow on the 4th of July 
down here in Wyoming after it was 88 degrees the day before. Crazy weather changes around the Rockies. Property values 
also have went up about 4 to 5 times here.

Waynes owns a piece of property in Montana that touches yours? Wild. Shocked
Reply/Quote

Our property value has gone up more than 5X in the 21 years since we purchased In '99. Our airport offers flights to 30 cities non-stop. And yes, the view of the skyline in Cincinnati is beautiful, but I long ago decided I liked the view of mountains more. And hey, now Trae Waynes owns the property that touches mine, so Bengals are even more a part of my life.

(State License Plate Slogans that Didn't Make the Cut)

"Montana: How fast can you drive?"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati is a beautiful city with a lot going for it. My only complaint is that it can be sort of insular if you are trying to be more than just an occasional visitor. I doubt Chase will have that problem though.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 02:38 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Cincinnati is a beautiful city with a lot going for it. My only complaint is that it can be sort of insular if you are trying to be more than just an occasional visitor. I doubt Chase will have that problem though.

I don't doubt that.

Hell, sometimes when I (an East Sider) make my way over to the West Side of the city I kinda feel like this:

PS Just a joke West Side people on here.  Just a joke.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: (State License Plate Slogans that Didn't Make the Cut)

"Montana: How fast can you drive?"

Legally? 80 on the interstate,  70 on 2-lane roads unless otherwise posted. US 27 would be 70 here. The "reasonable and prudent" was eliminated long ago. While in college, speeding on the interstate was a $5 fine for "failure to conserve energy" with no points on your license. Most guys put a couple $5 in their ashtray to pay the fine. It cost MT more $ to process the tickets than they made.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean skyline is delicious but im not sure any of the stores are beautiful...   unless your really hungry.

Well the canned stuff (we've got lots) doesn't cut it.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 08:02 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Legally? 80 on the interstate,  70 on 2-lane roads unless otherwise posted. US 27 would be 70 here. The "reasonable and prudent" was eliminated long ago. While in college, speeding on the interstate was a $5 fine for "failure to conserve energy" with no points on your license. Most guys put a couple $5 in their ashtray to pay the fine. It cost MT more $ to process the tickets than they made.

lol it was a joke from Whose Line is it Anyways? LOL

But, your description put the context of said joke, perfectly! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote