Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Jake Browning appreciation thread
(12-31-2023, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You post made no sense, his contract has little impact on this season.. you acted like it did...I've not underestimated Lamar, he has been tough healthy so playoffs he is 0-2

He’s 1-3 in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Folks slamming Browning were just worried he’d look better than Burrow. Which was never a true thing. The only “thing” coming out of the Browmkmg love was the hopes of getting a high draft pick out of him. That was the dream scenario.

People were mistake about the motive of those pumping up Browning. Browning did his job and likely added a decade to his career as a backup. Nobody can / should  be mad at that for him.

Any hate towards him is misguided by posters defense of Burrow. 

Well, he kinda did this season 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You post made no sense, his contract has little impact on this season.. you acted like it did...I've not underestimated Lamar, he has been tough healthy so playoffs he is 0-2

I never acted like it did. Reread before you hit reply. I said people, in this area ( I live in MD ) said that it would. When he signed. Before the season. Before all sigining were done. before the start of the season. People...were....crying.... about...the contract...as...a negative......It obliviously did not. Why I said I'm not hearing that same crying now. Just like my post alluded to. 

You posting it doesn't make sense means you didn't comprehend; it does not make it wrong.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, he kinda did this season 

Browning’s best game (Jags) he had a passer rating of 115.5 and threw 1 TD (in 4+ quarters).

Burrow’s best game (9ers) he threw 3 TD’s and had a 134.8 passer rating.

Browning filled in admirably, but Joe at his best is obviously on another level.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Browning’s best game (Jags) he had a passer rating of 115.5 and threw 1 TD (in 4+ quarters).

Burrow’s best game (9ers) he threw 3 TD’s and had a 134.8 passer rating.

Browning filled in admirably, but Joe at his best is obviously on another level.

Of course he is, but that's not what I said..

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he is, but that's not what I said..

Browning has had 3 very good games, and 3 terrible games. I don’t see how that equals being better than Burrow this season. Burrow had some stinkers early on (mostly because of the calf), but he also played lights out in several games (SF, BUF, ARI).

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s 1-3 in the playoffs.

Still bad, this playoff season is big for him , if they 0-1 ouch 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Still bad, this playoff season is big for him , if they 0-1 ouch 

Unfortunately I think they’re going to the Bowl. The color scheme has correctly predicted the last 3 SB matchups.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTgz7UVq6RToBoYeb7c5F...E03ud3ww&s]

Ravens/9ers

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Browning has had 3 very good games, and 3 terrible games. I don’t see how that equals being better than Burrow this season. Burrow had some stinkers early on (mostly because of the calf), but he also played lights out in several games (SF, BUF, ARI).

Why do things have to be so hard?

QB 1: 66.8 completion percentage, 15 TDs, 6 INTs, 91 Passer rating. 88 rushing yards at 2.8 YPC, 0 TDs

QB 2: 69.9 completion percentage, 9 TDs, 6 INTs, 96 passer rating. 109 rushing yards at 4.4 YPC. 3 TDs

So QB 2 had a more efficient passing game and was better at running, but QB 1 was better because.....

NO ONE is saying Jake is a better QB than Joe, but this year he "kinda did better". 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do things have to be so hard?

QB 1: 66.8 completion percentage, 15 TDs, 6 INTs, 91 Passer rating. 88 rushing yards at 2.8 YPC, 0 TDs

QB 2: 69.9 completion percentage, 9 TDs, 6 INTs, 96 passer rating. 109 rushing yards at 4.4 YPC. 3 TDs

So QB 2 had a more efficient passing game and was better at running, but QB 1 was better because.....

NO ONE is saying Jake is a better QB than Joe, but this year he "kinda did better". 

Now do Burrow week 5-10…

But if all you’re trying to say is Browning was better than gimpy Burrow then I agree.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now do Burrow week 5-10…

But if all you’re trying to say is Browning was better than gimpy Burrow then I agree.

I just did the year..as I posted. 

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I just did the year..as I posted. 

Right, and Burrow was horrendous for the first month of the season because he wasn’t healthy. So it’s a pretty skewed comparison.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, and Burrow was horrendous for the first month of the season because he wasn’t healthy. So it’s a pretty skewed comparison.

The first month of the season was part of this season.

AS I said: Why do things have to be so hard//

Reply/Quote
There will be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking with respect to the Bengals in 2023. Maybe, in retrospect, Zac Taylor should have started Jake Browning early in the season while Joe Burrow’s calf was healing. Hindsight is better than 20/20 of course and at the time no one knew how good Jake Browning would become later in the season. Could Jake have led the Bengals and won a few games we lost? Maybe.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Props to Browning on the things he did well, especially with the lack of experience.

I just don't think he has the ability to progress through reads fast enough. In his defense, however, the line didn't do him many favors.

Macaroni processes faster, knows when to get rid of the ball, and I believe would have gotten us into the playoffs.
Browning often plays and talks like he either just took the first hit of pot in his life or he's addicted to cough syrup.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Browning did his job as QB2 and won some games so my appreciation still exists. If another team, however, has been impressed enough by him to offer a good draft pick for him I'd trade him without hesitation.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Browning did his job as QB2 and won some games so my appreciation still exists. If another team, however, has been impressed enough by him to offer a good draft pick for him I'd trade him without hesitation.

I said if Jake led us to the playoffs and did well; there'd be a market. There's 0 doubt we'll re-sign Jake as we can do so for the league minimum. The big question is what can we get now? 

Crazy scenarios:

Jake and a 2nd to ATL for Pitts

Jake and a 3rd to SEA for KWIII

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 11:45 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Browning often plays and talks like he either just took the first hit of pot in his life or he's addicted to cough syrup.

I always took it as a goalie-like attitude, where he doesn't dwell on mistakes and such.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately I think they’re going to the Bowl. The color scheme has correctly predicted the last 3 SB matchups.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTgz7UVq6RToBoYeb7c5F...E03ud3ww&s]

Ravens/9ers

And based on the color scheme, the secondary color has won. That means the 49ers win it this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said if Jake led us to the playoffs and did well; there'd be a market. There's 0 doubt we'll re-sign Jake as we can do so for the league minimum. The big question is what can we get now? 

Crazy scenarios:

Jake and a 2nd to ATL for Pitts

Jake and a 3rd to SEA for KWIII

Catch 22 with Browning, finally seem to have a good backup now the the lingering injuries to Burrow and this one being his throwing hand, seems bad timing to let Browning go since he showed he can win in the NFL, but as you pointed out what if we could trade and get a TE/WR, but I would add my crazy scenario

Do your one or two scenario but also Trade Higgins and get back probably a 2/5 picks or a 3/4 picks in return and fill some other holes
Reply/Quote