Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
(11-09-2019, 04:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: If they get the number 1 pick, I would seriously consider trading down. I wouldn’t trade down lower than about pick 5 though. What could they get? Pick 5 and a 2nd Rounder?

Would want more than that.
Reply/Quote
First round pick: Chase Young? Count me in! It’s hard to go to the Super Bowl without a dominant defense and Chase is the kind of player you build a defense around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His throws against Alabama were mainly 5 to 15 yards. Plus he had a dominant rb.

Here we cant run.

If he cant throw 50-60 yards...it would be tough for him.

I'm really skeptical about any of these QBs... We have so many holes to fill, and drafting most QBs that high is a total crapshoot. If we miss (and we've missed a lot lately) it will set them even farther back for years.

I dunno what to do about this damn team...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:55 PM)jason Wrote: I'm really skeptical about any of these QBs... We have so many holes to fill, and drafting most QBs that high is a total crapshoot. If we miss (and we've missed a lot lately) it will set them even farther back for years.

If all else fails you restart with blocking and tackling. That starts up front with the offensive and defensive lines. I think Chase Young might be the smartest first round pick the Bengals could make.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If all else fails you restart with blocking and tackling. That starts up front with the offensive and defensive lines. I think Chase Young might be the smartest first round pick the Bengals could make.

Starting to come around to that myself. If we have the number 1 pick, may as well take the number 1 guy on the board regardless of position... I think he's more of a sure thing than any of the QBs, and we need sure things right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow is going to win the Heisman this year and be the overall #1 pick unless the Jets trade up to take Young.
Burrow is compared to Tom Brady and P. Manning. He is showing great decisions this year and has all you want in a Franchise QB. Burrow will be a Bengal. He already is a Tiger.... Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His throws against Alabama were mainly 5 to 15 yards. Plus he had a dominant rb.

Here we cant run.

If he cant throw 50-60 yards...it would be tough for him.

Burrow had an amazing game against Alabama. It was the type of game that said "Hi my names Joe Burrow I am worth the #1 overall".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Well Miami gets to play the Brissett less Colts. Let’s see who’s really trying to tank here.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 11:55 PM)jason Wrote: I'm really skeptical about any of these QBs... We have so many holes to fill, and drafting most QBs that high is a total crapshoot. If we miss (and we've missed a lot lately) it will set them even farther back for years.

That's the problem and I have the same concern. This year, Dalton was ruined by pressure. He literally thought he was under pressure when he wasn't.

Tua or Burrow come from great teams...They have time to throw. They have receivers and RB's very open.

Here...they won't have that.

Burrow got sacked several times against Alabama. When the blitz came, he really just kind of froze and went down. Here, he's going to see that pressure A LOT.

The smart thing would be to draft a Tackle...BUT, we're pretty bad at that. And, say we do go Tackle, they already forced Dalton out basically. What do you do at QB?

It's a mess.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the problem and I have the same concern. This year, Dalton was ruined by pressure. He literally thought he was under pressure when he wasn't.

Tua or Burrow come from great teams...They have time to throw. They have receivers and RB's very open.

Here...they won't have that.

Burrow got sacked several times against Alabama. When the blitz came, he really just kind of froze and went down. Here, he's going to see that pressure A LOT.

The smart thing would be to draft a Tackle...BUT, we're pretty bad at that. And, say we do go Tackle, they already forced Dalton out basically. What do you do at QB?

It's a mess.

This is not true at all. 

Burrow took 5 sacks yes but he didnt freeze under pressure. He escaped finding his outlets, he made plays with his feet, and he stood strong in the pocket took big hits to push the ball to the second level.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: This is not true at all. 

Burrow took 5 sacks yes but he didnt freeze under pressure. He escaped finding his outlets, he made plays with his feet, and he stood strong in the pocket took big hits to push the ball to the second level.

One some plays he did that. 5 sacks is a lot to take.

Look, I'm all for taking Burrow...I just don't know how he'll do here.

Plenty of guys like David Carr looked GREAT in college and were ruined going to teams that couldn't protect them.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One some plays he did that. 5 sacks is a lot to take.

Look, I'm all for taking Burrow...I just don't know how he'll do here.

Plenty of guys like David Carr looked GREAT in college and were ruined going to teams that couldn't protect them.

Yea there was alot of pressure from the Alabama Defense he took 5 sacks. He also threw for nearly 400 yards had 3 touchdowns ran for another 60 something...He look very good under constant pressure.

As to the bolded you been posting alot of stuff like this recently alluding it doesn't matter what the Bengals do it will ultimately fail. 

So what is your proposal have them to not draft anyone forfeit all future games and shut down the Team for the foreseeable future?

Reply/Quote
I know that everyone is in love with Chase Young, and his explosiveness from the edge. However, have any of you taken a look at Curtis Weaver, of Boise St.? He's about a physical clone of Young, and has virtually equal stats.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4048257/curtis-weaver

It's not like Weaver just arrived on the scene, he's been doing this for 3 years. He's got 33 sacks, with a few games left to go.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea there was alot of pressure from the Alabama Defense he took 5 sacks. He also threw for nearly 400 yards had 3 touchdowns ran for another 60 something...He look very good under constant pressure.

As to the bolded you been posting alot of stuff like this recently alluding it doesn't matter what the Bengals do it will ultimately fail. 

So what is your proposal have them to not draft anyone forfeit all future games and shut down the Team for the foreseeable future?

He's the top ranked QB under pressure for a reason, he handles it well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Take Young or Tackle Thomas. Suck another year then draft Trevor. That’s my plan. N don’t draft an under used blocking tight end in round 2 that will probably be a free agent My other plan.
Reply/Quote
Look, ESPN and CBS has the Ohio State edge rusher as the best player in the draft. Why argue that considering how much Bengals stink on Defense. Take him, and take Dylan Moses the Alabama LB in 2, because Bengals Front 7 is weakest in NFL. Then in 3 and 4 get some Blockers like Landon Dickerson from Alabama because Bengals also have the weakest O Line in the NFL.

No QB is going to help as long as Bengals have the weakest O Line and the weakest D Front 7 in The NFL. Time for Bengals to put on the Big Boy pants, get some monsters in the trenches, and start to MAN UP to the rest of the NFL. Right now there are college teams they couldn't block or tackle, and that's bad.

Forrest Gregg came in and said Bengals were too weak. Well, that's the same problem now. Time to get some tougher players to Block and Tackle. We already have 2 top pick Blockers and hopefully they weren't just bad picks and can help. Both had injuries their rookie years, so their progress has been slowed. The coaching last few years has been nothing to brag about either, so neither Price or Williams have been COACHED UP. Need to turn the BLOCKING and TACKLING around FIRST.

I'm not rooting for 0-16, but team is already 1-15 over last 16 games. The NEEDS on Blocking and Tackling are GREATER than at QB. Not that QB isn't a need once they turn these weak trenches around. Just don't put the cart before the horse as they did drafting Ki Jana Carter with a weak line, he got killed, and so will a QB if you take him pick 1. A waste of a goof pick and a good player. We need some bad as blockers and tacklers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 02:36 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: With the absolute joke of a coaching staff we currently have i don't think it really matters.
THIS!! Everyone talks about drafting players. That's only 50% of the problem. Players will only play as good as they are coached/schemed/game planned. Along with BAP's, we need much better coaches. Sweet Lou is in WAY over his head, need new DC. Jim Turner is an absolute joke, need new Oline coach. Tem is a push, still I'd get a new LB coach. And to top it all off, we need to be the only NFL team to have a tackling coach...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote