Jelani Woods
6’7” 259lbs
4.61 40 yd
24 bench

CJ Uzomah
6’5” 262 lbs
4.63 40 yd
19 bench

Scouting reports pointed out that both are long striders and are quick in small space. As well as both being natural catchers. Like CJ, Jelani will need to develop as a blocker. Like his highlights though didn’t get to watch much of his games this year. Jelani had much more production his last year of college and will probably go higher. Could be a mid round target to develop as was done with CJ.

Possibly a lazy comparison. What are your guys thoughts on Jelani?
Reply/Quote
I like Jelani a lot and he will go higher than CJ did. Uzo was drafted in the 5th. I don't think Jelani makes it out of the 4th and I really think somebody might take him in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:05 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Jelani Woods
6’7” 259lbs
4.61 40 yd
24 bench

CJ Uzomah
6’5” 262 lbs
4.63 40 yd
19 bench

Scouting reports pointed out that both are long striders and are quick in small space. As well as both being natural catchers. Like CJ, Jelani will need to develop as a blocker. Like his highlights though didn’t get to watch much of his games this year. Jelani had much more production his last year of college and will probably go higher. Could be a mid round target to develop as was done with CJ.

Possibly a lazy comparison. What are your guys thoughts on Jelani?

Woods is a little further along in his development compared to Uzomah when draft day came around.
Remember, Uzomah didn't even have a TE coach in college. He learned to block from the OL coach, and he was coached as a receiver from the WR coach.
Woods transferring to Virginia really helped him as a receiver.
His first 3 years at Ok St look near identical to Uzomah:
Woods @ Ok St - 31 rec, 361 yards, 4 TDs
Uzomah @ Auburn - 29 rec, 435 yards, 7 TDs

However, Woods put up 44, 598, 8 just this past season at Virginia.

So while I can see the comparison to Uzomah, I think Woods is further along and might have a higher ceiling than Uzomah.
I'd be ok with selecting him in the middle rounds to groom as a backup TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jelani Woods is now my favorite TE to Draft in the 3rd round, right there with Jake Ferguson.

I know I shouldn't put too much stock in the Combine but the dude is huge and fast with good hands and should really
help in the Red Zone which is what we need desperately.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 01:38 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jelani Woods is now my favorite TE to Draft in the 3rd round, right there with Jake Ferguson.

I know I shouldn't put too much stock in the Combine but the dude is huge and fast with good hands and should really
help in the Red Zone which is what we need desperately.

He's my Favorite as well and he has a lot of upside too !  He originally came to OKla St. as a QB too.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 02:30 AM)pulses Wrote: He's my Favorite as well and he has a lot of upside too !  He originally came to OKla St. as a QB too.

Really? Didn't know that. Thats cool. Maybe we could use him on trick play once in awhile if we draft him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really? Didn't know that. Thats cool. Maybe we could use him on trick play once in awhile if we draft him.

Yep and I really do hope we draft him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 07:59 PM)pulses Wrote: Yep and I really do hope we draft him.

I'm smelling occasional gadget plays with that previous QB play lol
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 08:36 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm smelling occasional gadget plays with that previous QB play lol

I would have no problem with that
Reply/Quote
We'll dread not taking JW in the 4th
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll dread not taking JW in the 4th

I see what you did there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

At this point the dreaded mock seems like its written and ready for publishing.
Reply/Quote

I don't think he makes it out of the 3rd. But if he is there in 4th you grab him.
Reply/Quote
If he is there at the end of the third round then the Bengals should take him. He looks like he can develop as a blocker. He should be a weapon in the passing game pretty quickly. A lot of natural ability. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went way earlier than he’s projected to go.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

So what happens to our future starter ....
Thaddeus Moss
https://youtu.be/CGyZOpqlsvQ
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 11:56 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

So what happens to our future starter ....
Thaddeus Moss
https://youtu.be/CGyZOpqlsvQ

Moss was NEVER our future starter.
Reply/Quote
This is a player I would draft early if I had too
Theres a old saying
You cant teach size.
6'7 is very hard to match up with
Rookie or not.
He would be lethal in red zone packages.
JB would not have to throw a perfect
Talk to get it to him.
He is the must have player I want the Bengals
To draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This is a player I would draft early if I had too
Theres a old saying
You cant teach size.
6'7 is very hard to match up with
Rookie or not.
He would be lethal in red zone packages.
JB would not have to throw a perfect
Talk to get it to him.
He is the must have player I want the Bengals
To draft this year.

I could see us taking Woods at 63 now and would be more than fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could see us taking Woods at 63 now and would be more than fine with it.

This!!!
Reply/Quote
After his pro day Jelani Woods just became the most athletic Tight End ever tested...

With a possible Injury to Jeremy Ruckert and Jalen Wydermyer's very poor pro day testing Jelani Woods could jump up draft boards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote