Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner expected OL coach per PFT
(02-06-2019, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: Taylor is an unknown as a HC because he hasn't been one. Turner is known. Very known as an OLine coach.

And no one ran Zimmer out of ATL. He along with all of the staff was let go along when Petrino quit on the team.

Zimmer had the 29th rated defense in Atlanta the fans wanted his head. Before the great Frank Pollock got to Dallas he did a year in Oakland where they were 28th in rushing yards, although they were good at pass protection so I guess that was cool. Changes of scenery yielding better results for coaches is nothing new in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:59 PM)pally Wrote: Ogbuehi did well enough to make it to the NFL where he personified Peter's Principle.

It bothers me more that Zac spoke of character in his presser and to me Turner does not represent what I would like to see on the coaching staff character wise

wont hold martin against him... martin was to soft for the nfl...
Reply/Quote
What a bunch of ***** drama queens. Hint--jumping to conclusions is not a form of exercise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:11 AM)McC Wrote: What a bunch of ***** drama queens.  Hint--jumping to conclusions is not a form of exercise.

At least someone is excited about the Turner hire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:59 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ok, I change my stance now if so!  Hilarious Ninja

LMAO :andy:

(02-06-2019, 10:00 AM)Takedown Wrote: That was Chris Foerster. The OL Coach AFTER Turner. So I guess one could say “it could be worse”.

Gotcha, thanks.  To be clear, I'm not railing against the hire, per se, I just don't like Jimbo Fisher. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wont hold martin against him... martin was to soft for the nfl...

......and he has been noted as wanting to kill Incognito and another person.  He ain't exactly stable himself.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:39 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I would rather have piano man than this guy. Hopefully just another smoke screen.

You’d rather have the guy that hand picked Og and Fisher, and judges players on how they open ketchup bottles? C’mon man...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’d rather have the guy that hand picked Og and Fisher, and judges players on how they open ketchup bottles? C’mon man...

Yeah, I'd rather have me than Piano Man. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:37 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Inappropriate jokes means his judgment regarding social convention is questionable but the Bengals are not looking for Mother Theresa.  There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.  

I do not think the Bengal's Front Office including figure head Mike Brown would sign off on any coach that was not fully vetted.  

I'm not asking for Mother Theresa. Give me a guy who can communicate and have these guys buying what he's selling. As you said, he's socially inept. Not sure who that'll work out, but I have a hard time thinking he can get the best out of our line with how he approaches teaching them.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’d rather have the guy that hand picked Og and Fisher, and judges players on how they open ketchup bottles? C’mon man...

But there's more that goes behind the scenes? The front office vetted this before hiring/keeping him? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
This came from PFT? The same place that said Hue would be the new coach, then said Simmons, the same place that suggested co-Head Coaches. Well, with their level of accuracy in this process, of course they should be believed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I'd rather have me than Piano Man. Mellow

**** that. If Turner sucks he sucks. We can replace him. Bringing Alexander back would be a as bad as keeping Marvin.

I’ll give this staff a chance.

Reply/Quote
We have to have a new coach with new ideas, who will think outside the box, who has a clear plan all his own, but if he doesn't hire the coaches we want him to, we will lose our minds. Is that how it works?

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......and he has been noted as wanting to kill Incognito and another person.  He ain't exactly stable himself.

I view this at worse as a guy to use until bill is off contract in washington
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:31 AM)McC Wrote: This came from PFT?  The same place that said Hue would be the new coach, then said Simmons, the same place that suggested co-Head Coaches.  Well, with their level of accuracy in this process, of course they should be believed.

Very good point.

(02-06-2019, 11:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: **** that. If Turner sucks he sucks. We can replace him. Bringing Alexander back would be a as bad as keeping Marvin.

I’ll give this staff a chance.

Exactly.  Like I said, I'd rather have me than PA, and I haven't been on a sideline in over 20 years....lol.  Did I mention I don't like Jimbo Fisher?

(02-06-2019, 11:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I view this at worse as a guy to use until bill is off contract in washington

Good point.  Like I said in my first reply, could be a one year rental.  If he works out, then great.

Reply/Quote
what's the worse that can happen guys we dump this entire season and have a shot at a great QB next year?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:29 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: From ProFootballTalk:

Zac Taylor is expected to add Jim Turner to his first coaching staff, Paul Dehner of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

Turner, in his second stint as Texas A&M’s offensive line coach, has a close relationship with Taylor, who is Mike Sherman’s son-in-law. Turner was the Aggies’ offensive line coach in 2008 when Taylor began his coaching career in College Station under Sherman.

Taylor and Turner also were together with the Dolphins and briefly at the University of Cincinnati.

Turner coached under Kevin Sumlin for two seasons at A&M and then Jimbo Fisher last season.

He was the offensive line coach at Miami during the bullying scandal involving offensive linemen Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito. Turner also served a three-week suspension at A&M for offensive powerpoint slides used during a football clinic for women.

Turner replaces Frank Pollack, who was fired after one year with the Bengals.

Hope he learned from his screw ups and from Sherman cause i don't like his resume compared to Bill Callahan or Mike Sherman.

Damn, this to go along with no Del Rio makes me wonder about Taylor.

Guess he just wants people he is comfortable with, that is okay as long as they are the best.

Believe Del Rio was the best DC out there followed by Fox. Believed Bill Callahan was the best OL coach followed by Sherman.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope he learned from his screw ups and from Sherman cause i don't like his resume compared to Bill Callahan or Mike Sherman.

Damn, this to go along with no Del Rio makes me wonder about Taylor.

Guess he just wants people he is comfortable with, that is okay as long as they are the best.

Believe Del Rio was the best DC out there followed by Fox. Believed Bill Callahan was the best OL coach followed by Sherman.

1 day in and already negative that didn't take long.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:54 AM)Okeana Wrote: 1 day in and already negative that didn't take long.

Sorry man, it is only PFT anyways. Just jumping to conclusions at this point.

I will let it play out. Have to trust in Taylor, he is making his decisions and that is good.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 11:58 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry man, it is only PFT anyways. Just jumping to conclusions at this point.

I will let it play out. Have to trust in Taylor, he is making his decisions and that is good.

Like you said, it is PFT.  We don't even know if it's true yet.   /i haven't seen any verification yet.  Has anyone seen it anywhere else?

Reply/Quote