Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
And now this is Tweet from a supposedly reliable source. Joe Burrow has reportedly told the Bengals that he would prefer to play elsewhere instead of for them. The Bengals are “probably selling the #1 overall pick,” per source. Huge potential shakeup to the #NFLDraft2020
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:40 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: And now this is Tweet from a supposedly reliable source. Joe Burrow has reportedly told the Bengals that he would prefer to play elsewhere instead of for them. The Bengals are “probably selling the #1 overall pick,” per source. Huge potential shakeup to the #NFLDraft2020

Please don’t post shit like this and just say it’s a “reliable source” name it or don’t bother.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:40 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: And now this is Tweet from a supposedly reliable source. Joe Burrow has reportedly told the Bengals that he would prefer to play elsewhere instead of for them. The Bengals are “probably selling the #1 overall pick,” per source. Huge potential shakeup to the #NFLDraft2020

I'm not seeing this anywhere else online.  
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not seeing this anywhere else online.  

Because it’s bs.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because it’s bs.

Take away rep function needed?  :paul:
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I just noticed it. It's a fun watch about Burrow:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000001108950/Move-the-Sticks-360-A-deep-look-at-Joe-Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Truck’s Canadian, give him a break on our city names. Can you name all the province’s up there, let alone the cities? Tongue

Some, not all. Certainly not obscure places like Fayetteville, starkville or Tuscaloosa.
The province's are mostly down to the high number of games of Risk I played back in the day.

In other news I heard something about Burrow from my broker, EF Hutton, and EF Hutton says...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure the Rooney’s and Goodell are working on this as we speak...

Come on, Roger.  If you let this happen, you know you'll be forcing us to take out his knees.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please don’t post shit like this and just say it’s a “reliable source” name it or don’t bother.

I saw that trash on a facebook Bengals fan group today.  It was one of those "oh gee I know that this sounds like a blogger looking for hits, but this guy has real good reputation!" kind of things.  Laughable shit, it is.  

I've ripped the Bengals to hell and back for the way they do things over the years and pretty recently.  I'm a legit, card carrying hater from way back.  Even so, I can't deny in any way shape or form that the Bengals have knocked it out of the park in terms of effort and leaving their comfort zone this offseason.  Any assertion that this team won't do what it takes to help him win looks pretty flimsy right now.

In sort, it really pisses me off to see this crap being trotted out.  The Bengals are an infinitely better option than Miami now and have been for a long time.  It's just a lie being repeated for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:05 AM)samhain Wrote: I saw that trash on a facebook Bengals fan group today.  It was one of those "oh gee I know that this sounds like a blogger looking for hits, but this guy has real good reputation!" kind of things.  Laughable shit, it is.  

I've ripped the Bengals to hell and back for the way they do things over the years and pretty recently.  I'm a legit, card carrying hater from way back.  Even so, I can't deny in any way shape or form that the Bengals have knocked it out of the park in terms of effort and leaving their comfort zone this offseason.  Any assertion that this team won't do what it takes to help him win looks pretty flimsy right now.

In sort, it really pisses me off to see this crap being trotted out.  The Bengals are an infinitely better option than Miami now and have been for a long time.  It's just a lie being repeated for nothing.

Nuff said.

Reply/Quote
I didn’t say I believed it , shit I think it’s BS too. I was just thinking this will be a long two weeks with shit like this on Twitter everyday until then.
Reply/Quote
Is there a chance that we have already started contract negotiations with Burrow? Can you have the deal effectively finalised before the draft?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 07:31 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Is there a chance that we have already started contract negotiations with Burrow? Can you have the deal effectively finalised before the draft?

Yes, If you have the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote

Source?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:05 AM)samhain Wrote: I saw that trash on a facebook Bengals fan group today.  It was one of those "oh gee I know that this sounds like a blogger looking for hits, but this guy has real good reputation!" kind of things.  Laughable shit, it is.  

No doubt, it is from Steeler fans so put no stock in any of it.
Reply/Quote

And which bastion of perennial playoff teams is he hoping to play for instead?  Is it the incredibly well run Redskins?  How about the gold standard Lions?  Or is it the always gonna be great but never are Dolphins?  With what it would cost them to go up and get Burrow, they'd have nothing left to put a team around him.

We all know how reliable random Twitter accounts are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: And which bastion of perennial playoff teams is he hoping to play for instead?  Is it the incredibly well run Redskins?  How about the gold standard Lions?  Or is it the always gonna be great but never are Dolphins?  With what it would cost them to go up and get Burrow, they'd have nothing left to put a team around him.

We all know how reliable random Twitter accounts are.

We know, lets just take Burrow already and beat the shit out of these Stealers for the next decade eh? Pitt Sux Smack
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 THIS^^^^^^. Wouldn't that be the shit...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
The thing most fans don't understand is nearly every pro football player has won most everywhere they've been right up to the point they become pro's for many. 
How many Hiesman winners won everywhere, but were flops in the pro's? How many first round picks lost everywhere they played before turning pro? They all won in HS and mostly in college as well. It's how they all got jobs in the NFL by winning of course.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

We all know this is BS.  Mike Brown would never let himself be manipulated like that.  He'd draft Burrow anyway and keep his rights for a year.  
Reply/Quote