Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-23-2020, 05:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: When you're dealing with facts, science and precedent, you have a pretty-good idea of things are/will turn out.

Break down the, "worse than initially-hoped," statement; how is it worse? Why is it worse?

"The MCL is injured too! And structural damage! Woe is us!"

So? If the timeline for something to heal is 6 months, it's 6 months, unless the person has an immune system issue or is diabetic; just like women have their period every 28 days (give or take) and ***** Sapien births take 9 months (give or take a few weeks), if Joe eats right, rehabs correctly and doesn't do anything stupid (which he won't), IE there aren't any anomalies (or in this case, setbacks) he'll heal in the allotted time and be ready to go.

Extra damage means nothing, unless it takes longer to heal (which in Joe's case, it doesn't). The reason why guys like Bridgewater and Smith had such a long and grueling rehab, is due to injuring tissue that takes longer to heal than an ACL (Bridgewater) and an anomaly (Smith).

This is why people really need to get informed and do some legwork research on their own, instead of just reading blanket statements and assuming the worst.

It is exasperating to see people fly off the handle, especially with what happened yesterday.

EDIT* Oh for the love of God, I can't write the shortened version of, "Homogenized?" (that's not what it means, but it'll tell you what word was starred out lol)

Second Edit: This is an excellent article that breaks down Bridgewater's injury, without getting too technical or difficult to understand.

After reading this, you can see that Joe's injury isn't even in the same realm.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/09/03/just-how-bad-teddy-bridgewater-injury/wg8Pw16lWjYEA3b8b9d67N/story.html

FINAL EDIT* and another one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/08/22/teddy-bridgewaters-horribly-grotesque-knee-injury-even-freaked-out-his-surgeon/

Trust me. I know he’s likely to come through it just fine. But saying you don’t understand why people don’t like seeing the future of the franchise in this situation doesn’t make sense. No matter how good the medicine is there always a chance things don’t turn out great. And it’s just another straw on the camels back right now on this perennially snake bit franchise. If you tell me your first reaction to seeing him lying there was ‘eh it’ll heal just fine and all will be great’ I’d have to think you’re lying.

The rest of this season is pretty much not worth watching if nothing else. Unless you like seeing this team beaten down further than they are.
Reply/Quote
You really should provide a source for stuff like this. I’m still going off Dehner’s tweet unless I see otherwise.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:04 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Trust me. I know he’s likely to come through it just fine. But saying you don’t understand why people don’t like seeing the future of the franchise in this situation doesn’t make sense. No matter how good the medicine is there always a chance things don’t turn out great. And it’s just another straw on the camels back right now on this perennially snake bit franchise. If you tell me your first reaction to seeing him lying there was ‘eh it’ll heal just fine and all will be great’ I’d have to think you’re lying.

The rest of this season is pretty much not worth watching if nothing else. Unless you like seeing this team beaten down further than they are.

I'll still be watching, hoping for a win that will probably not happen lol.

When it happened, I BSOD for a good 3-4 minutes, after letting out a sad, "no..."

And yes, I CAN understand people's reactions, but I don't get it; we live in an age where, again, there are facts, science and precedence out there: I would want to look at the, "how," and, "why," behind things, before losing my cool/lamenting over everything.

There's light at the end of tunnel, I'm not worried for the long-term :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:04 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Looks like we need a veteran free agent Quarterback to step in. Ryan Finley won't win us 1 game. Sam Bradford is available? At this point we need someone or else its going ti be a long and rough road the remainder if this season and the next.

Anybody have any suggestion for available quarterbacks who are still on the market?

It would probably make more sense to wait until the end of the year to see who's all available. Right now we need Finley to lose every game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: You can't say "some people don't want to accept how bad it really is" and then say it's just your opinion. You're attempting to state a fact. You have no idea if it will be 9 months, 1 year, 2-3 years, or longer. 

Why don't YOU stop being an asshole and quit pounding your chest about how you're telling everyone this will be one of the worst injuries in the past 20 years when you have no idea. 

This ^^^^ ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You really should provide a source for stuff like this. I’m still going off Dehner’s tweet unless I see otherwise.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/adam-schefter-details-joe-burrow-recovery-timeline 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: It would probably make more sense to wait until the end of the year to see who's all available. Right now we need Finley to lose every game. 

They will have to add a veteran.. I could see a veteran take over after Giants game if Finley really struggles, the team is going to try to win games.. that what coaches and players do even if they are not very successful at it.. I would hate to think Burrow would throw a game at end of year to hope to acquire a better draft position.. that is a bad culture to have in a locker room
Reply/Quote
Think about it this way. No person in the organization even stepped in and said, "you know, maybe we should protect our quarterback more". Nope. Zac Taylor. Mike Brown. All of them should be ashamed.

They did the same thing with that running back with the long history of injuries. They put him in to seemingly try to injure him in the pre-season, and see how he would respond. Well, with that offensive line they ruined him for good. They could have eased him in after a tough rehab. Nope.

Now with Burrow, it's just contradictory from what everyone in the history of football broadcasting and coaching has said, "the running game protects the quarterback". In a meaningless game, why take any risks with him? We were not going to make the playoffs. It's just beyond stupid, and I hope they learn from it.

But come on, how could they start off worse after being dealt such a gift? Football fans everywhere should be outraged by what this organization is doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:10 PM)Tony Wrote: I told everyone as soon as it happened, he would be out 2-3 years and maybe never come back. I get it. Some people don't want to accept how bad it really is. I don't either..

Based on what? When has this happened in recent memory? 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
AJ Green foot injury projected at 4 weeks = full year
Joe Mixon foot injury projected at a few weeks = now on IR
Joe Burrow leg injury projected at 9-12 months = 4 years?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:29 PM)Cicero Wrote: Based on what? When has this happened in recent memory? 

Teddy B was the only recent one I can think of and hey he’s a starter now! Lol
Reply/Quote
The entire front office must go. Total mismanagement.

Injury Update
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Think about it this way. No person in the organization even stepped in and said, "you know, maybe we should protect our quarterback more". Nope. Zac Taylor. Mike Brown. All of them should be ashamed.

They did the same thing with that running back with the long history of injuries. They put him in to seemingly try to injure him in the pre-season, and see how he would respond. Well, with that offensive line they ruined him for good. They could have eased him in after a tough rehab. Nope.

Now with Burrow, it's just contradictory from what everyone in the history of football broadcasting and coaching has said, "the running game protects the quarterback". In a meaningless game, why take any risks with him? We were not going to make the playoffs. It's just beyond stupid, and I hope they learn from it.

But come on, how could they start off worse after being dealt such a gift? Football fans everywhere should be outraged by what this organization is doing.

They are but what can they do ?
Reply/Quote
I know that this may seem crazy, but Andy Dalton might not be a bad pickup next year if Burrow can't play. If his rehab takes 12 months, I don't see the point of bringing him back for 5 or 6 games especially if we are out of playoff race.

I was never a big Dalton fan but he'd be a good insurance policy just in case Joe isn't ready and we could at least compete. I think he's on a one year deal and would be available next off-season.

This injury could very well wipe out his 2021 season as well. On the plus side, it would give us a long, long time to fix the OL.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Think about it this way. No person in the organization even stepped in and said, "you know, maybe we should protect our quarterback more". Nope. Zac Taylor. Mike Brown. All of them should be ashamed.

Kenny Irons..
Reply/Quote
Acl, mcl and plc injury and possibly more. We may need a vet qb next year for sure. Someone needs to Nancy Carrigan Zacs knee and at this point. I am willing to be your huckleberry for all of us fans and my fellow rednecks from southern ohio.
Reply/Quote

But come on, how could they start off worse after being dealt such a gift? Football fans everywhere should be outraged by what this organization is 
We were not making playoffs in beginning of year so guess we should have never played him.
 This gets tiring.. young qbs start on bad teams to act like we should not play him till when,? How do we get good if we dont at him besides he needs improvement nit getting that on sidelines
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:52 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Acl, mcl and plc injury and possibly more. We may need a vet qb next year for sure. Someone needs to Nancy Carrigan Zacs knee and at this point. I am willing to be your huckleberry for all of us fans and my fellow rednecks from southern ohio.

Yep, as bad as it could be. He’s very well may not play next year

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1331064898751754253

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/#:~:text=The%20overall%20RTP%20rate%20was,was%20388.71%20±%20198.52%20days

https://youtu.be/vrDK_Pc4mF0
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote