Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Haden
[Image: eDfAx4.gif]
Reply/Quote
If the price is right Bengals should pounce.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: No

Why? I am assuming Haden got cut but i would take him over Adam Jones in a heartbeat.

But i know nothing about the particulars here.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If the price is right Bengals should pounce.

Joe will go somewhere he can get alot of playing time for a 4 to 5 million a year range.

As for the Bengals the price should be AJ Green gets to square up and kick him in the junk.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe will go somewhere he can get alot of playing time for a 4 to 5 million a year range.

As for the Bengals the price should be AJ Green gets to square up and kick him in the junk.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:19 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: eDfAx4.gif]

Don't even think about it. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
from what I just heard, the steelers are the favorite to land him
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:18 PM)Gohards Wrote: from what I just heard, the steelers are the favorite to land him

Is their secondary really that bad/desperately in need of help? What about Artie Burns, who every steeler fan in existence "would much rather have over William Jackson III"?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:55 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? I am assuming Haden got cut but i would take him over Adam Jones in a heartbeat.

But i know nothing about the particulars here.

Because we are loaded with young CB's and have other areas that we should spend money on, like the O-line.
Reply/Quote
How is William Jackson performing? I hear nothing about him.

Dennard looks like a bust.

I like Shaw but he's playing some safety.

Jones is suspended game 1.
Reply/Quote
He may be washed up or he may have something to prove after being cut.

It is not like his team ever had a chance to do anything to keep him focused.

Is worth a one year deal at fair price to see imo.

It is only money and it is not mine to begin with.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Because we are loaded with young CB's and have other areas that we should spend money on, like the O-line.

Of course we need O-line help and have screamed that as loud as most. 

The organization does not seem to agree and have pursued none though.  

They did look better in last game so hopefully the FO and coaches prove us both wrong and have a great year. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Report on ESPN that Pittsburgh favorite to land Haden
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20505330/the-pittsburgh-steelers-emerged-favorite-sign-cornerback-joe-haden-source-told-espn

That's not a bad plan for them, especially if Burns lives up to the hype.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Of course we need O-line help and have screamed that as loud as most. 

The organization does not seem to agree and have pursued none though.  

They did look better in last game so hopefully the FO and coaches prove us both wrong and have a great year. 

Fans - "SPEND A FIRST ROUNDER ON A CENTER! WE'VE NEEDED A STUD FOR YEARS!"

Bengals - "Nah, gonna draft another CB. Never know when one will get hurt and can't have enough CBs!"

Reality - Starting CBs stay relatively healthy and the two 1st rounders drafted since DK have hardly received any playing time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is their secondary really that bad/desperately in need of help? What about Artie Burns, who every steeler fan in existence "would much rather have over William Jackson III"?

Desperate is keeping a 34 year old that slaps and spits on women, tells cops to die, and is responsible for a man being crippled for life.

Signing a 28 year old Pro Bowler at a discount rate (due to the timing of his release) is not desperation. It's smart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Looking at our history we've already called him
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Looking at our history we've already called him

lol!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe will go somewhere he can get alot of playing time for a 4 to 5 million a year range.

He was due 11 million in 2017. I don't think the price is 4 to 5 million, I think minimum of 6 to 8 million. My guess he turned that down from the Browns to restructure.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Desperate is keeping a 34 year old that slaps and spits on women, tells cops to die, and is responsible for a man being crippled for life.

Signing a 28 year old Pro Bowler at a discount rate (due to the timing of his release) is not desperation. It's smart.

Fair point... But is that desperation or stupid, blind loyalty to a player who's close to a certain someone in the front office? 
Reply/Quote