Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Stuff like this is what makes Zac Taylor so frustrating as a coach. I get hoping your guy is going to bust out of his slunp but Mixon getting 24 carries to Perine's 1 yesterday is a joke. 
Reply/Quote
The running game is certainly a huge problem. If the Bengals can't get it going it will be a huge issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Could Mixon be hitting the wall?
Reply/Quote
Garbage............ it's disappointing to see but RB do have a quicker shelf life. May be time.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If they had someone like Chubb they would be a near lock to make it to the Super Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I would like to see some Evans and Perine get some carries.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Only 4 games see where we are after 12 if it’s time or not.

I did say he seems to have lost a step, some holes have been there the past couple of games and he hasn’t done enough.

Would like to see some more of Evans to see if we don’t have to use a draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could Mixon be hitting the wall?

Every time he gets the ball
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Starting to hear the Bijan Robinson to Cincinnati talk... and I can't say I hate the idea.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind drafting a new RB next season and trading Mixon. Mixon is good but if averaging 0.5 yards after contact per attempt this year. That is HORRENDOUS. He has two broken tackles in 82 attempts,is true, then yes time to find our Rock. We already have Perine, we don't need 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 07:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Starting to hear the Bijan Robinson to Cincinnati talk... and I can't say I hate the idea.

He could be available. It's not a stretch to think that.  A nice nugget about Robinson....he was 4th in creating tackles missed last year with 88. I would think he's the top RB.  

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:50 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Garbage............ it's disappointing to see but RB do have a quicker shelf life. May be time.

That's why you never pay one like we did....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Every game that goes by I get more of the feeling that he's on the downhill part of his career, already.
Reply/Quote
I still think Mixon can get it going. Perine had the 1 run that went no where. But I'm not saying he shouldn't get more touches. I will say Evans deserves some opportunities especially in the passing game. With the game plan to throw check downs and quick passes I'm a little perplexed why we're not getting him some targets on high percentage throws. I think he flashed enough last year to earn some targets.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 07:33 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Only 4 games see where we are after 12 if it’s time or not.

I did say he seems to have lost a step, some holes have been there the past couple of games and he hasn’t done enough.

Would like to see some more of Evans to see if we don’t have to use a draft pick.

Posted this in another thread but it's not just this year. 

Perine:
2020 - 63 attempts for 301 yards (4.8ypc)
2021 - 55 attempts for 246 yards (4.5ypc)
2022 - 11 attempts for 53 yards (4.8ypc)

Mixon:
2020 - 119 attempts for 428 yards (3.6ypc)
2021 - 292 attempts for 1205 yards (4.1ypc)
2022 - 82 attempts for 224 yards. (2.7ypc)
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: Stuff like this is what makes Zac Taylor so frustrating as a coach. I get hoping your guy is going to bust out of his slunp but Mixon getting 24 carries to Perine's 1 yesterday is a joke. 

Not sure how much responsibility it actually comes with, but Frank Pollack is Run Game Coordinator.

(09-30-2022, 07:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I wouldn't mind drafting a new RB next season and trading Mixon.   Mixon is good but if averaging 0.5 yards after contact per attempt this year. That is HORRENDOUS. He has two broken tackles in 82 attempts,is true, then yes time to find our Rock.  We already have Perine, we don't need 2.

Can't imagine anyone is trading for Mixon.

He has a base salary of $9.4m next year which means someone would be taking on 1 year of the 8th highest paid RB in the league and he currently has a 2.7ypc.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know people will say Derrick Henry or Johnathan Taylor are the top running backs but Nick Chubb might be the best pure runner in the NFL... Even he is in a Running Back committee. Bengals need to rotate their running backs better.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
pff says Mixon is averaging less than a yard before contact.

that's on the o-line. Frank Pollack isnt doing his job as o-line coach and run game coordinator
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could Mixon be hitting the wall?

Todd Gurley was the same age Mixon is now (26) when he flamed out. I have always been a big Mixon fan, but the people that argued against paying a RB high end money on a 2nd contract were definitely right.

Reply/Quote