Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-29-2017, 11:54 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I know he isn't young but Mike Brown has found himself in a position where he has the ability to hand out redemption as many times as he wants, and he chooses to do it.  I'm not going to criticize him for that anymore.

good post
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Apparently him and OrlandoBengal.  Outta' here.

I guess I missed that.  Is it because of Mixon?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I guess I missed that.  Is it because of Mixon?

Yes both (Orlando and Wes) said they would leave if Mixon was drafted and said their goodbyes in a thread last night
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jesus prays for the sinner and God forgives them. I have made way too many mistakes in my life to throw stones.

Bonnie, you give this forum some balance and your posts on Mixon have been well thought out and mean a lot. TY for your contributions. You are a classy lady.
Thanks.  We all know I'm no saint, especially if a Bengal player gets his jaw broken, or if Whit signs with another team, or if the topic is Bob Bratkowski, but I do believe in forgiveness.
Reply/Quote
Can't speak for Orlando, but I enjoyed Wes Mantooth's contributions to this board. Sucks that he's leaving but if that's his stance then all the power to him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:01 AM)Okeana Wrote: They can't handle the video plain and simple.  I mean you got guys on this thread literally threatening to attack him.  Its like a pack of hypocritical wild animals

Simmer down Potsy......no one threatened to attack him....read for context. All I've seen is people.....myself included.....say they would be rather enraged if it were THEIR daughter.  Maybe you don't have a daughter and can't relate. I understand your position if so.  Also a lot of us are old school.....we were raised differently.  My own father would jerk a knot in my head if I hit a woman.  I've been a victim of battery from a female with a rolling pin in my early 20s....one hit me with a Jim Beam bottle.  I restrained them long enough to remove myself from the situation.....and I'm only 6' 2" and 220 at the time....and no trained D1 athelete.  I can't condone his actions and never will.  I can forgive....but I....and others....wish he got his second chance elsewhere. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: I think the thing the haters might be missing is that forgiving is not condoning.

Would you forgive him if he punched your mom or daughter in the face or would you be a hater. This is the part I hate about sports..
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Beating up Mixon after this happened would have had ZERO to do with protection.  The incident was over and he was not a threat to hit her again.  Only thing you would be doing was satisfying your bloodlust.

Only thing you enable by attacking him at that point is teaching your daughter that is perfectly acceptible to act like the girl in that video.  Is that what you want to teach your daughters?

They're young. I've taught to never start a ruckus....but I've also taught them to finish it if someone tries to run them over.....

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:18 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Would you forgive him if he punched your mom or daughter in the face or would you be a hater. This is the part I hate about sports..

I think I have forgiven the man who got drunk on his way to work and hit my son with his car, sending him to ICU and breaking so many bones it took him a year to recover.  It is difficult when someone hurts the person you love, but forgiveness isn't real if it's an abstract idea.  It's when you have to forgive someone for hurting you or someone you love that it's real.  So yes, I think I could forgive Joe Mixon if the woman had been my sister, especially since the woman involved appears to have forgiven him herself by her statements.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jesus prays for the sinner and God forgives them. I have made way too many mistakes in my life to throw stones.

Bonnie, you give this forum some balance and your posts on Mixon have been well thought out and mean a lot. TY for your contributions. You are a classy lady.

Couldn't agree more about Ms Bonnie.....huge asset to this board.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I was like how did the Bengals know he wouldn't get selected by someone else...then I Googled it and saw that a lot of teams took Mixon totally off of their draft boards.

We may have been able to get him in the 3rd Round due to that.

Who knows?

We're going to be considered a thug team indefinitely now.
The thing that gets overlookedis that even though these thugs have talent..... how can a thug have game discipline? Pack man sure doesNoT.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Simmer down Potsy......no one threatened to attack him....read for context. All I've seen is people.....myself included.....say they would be rather enraged if it were THEIR daughter.  Maybe you don't have a daughter and can't relate. I understand your position if so.  Also a lot of us are old school.....we were raised differently.  My own father would jerk a knot in my head if I hit a woman.  I've been a victim of battery from a female with a rolling pin in my early 20s....one hit me with a Jim Beam bottle.  I restrained them long enough to remove myself from the situation.....and I'm only 6' 2" and 220 at the not....and no trained D1 athelete.  I can't condone his actions and never will.  I can forgive....but I....and others....wish he got his second chance elsewhere. 

(04-29-2017, 12:18 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Would you forgive him if he punched your mom or daughter in the face or would you be a hater. This is the part I hate about sports..

As a husband of 25 yrs, and the father of an 18 yo daughter, I cannot condone the girl's actions. I used to be of the school that you never hit a woman. But if women truly want equal rights, and are to be considered equals, then the sex of the person should not com into play in a confrontation (or in any other situation). 

That said, every situation is different as far as motives and background, but taken at face value, I now tell my daughter not to hit ANYBODY regardless of age or gender, and not expect to get hit back. If you are going to raise your hand to someone, then you better be damn sure you are able to defend yourself when they raise their hand to you in response.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think I have forgiven the man who got drunk on his way to work and hit my son with his car, sending him to ICU and breaking so many bones it took him a year to recover.  It is difficult when someone hurts the person you love, but forgiveness isn't real if it's an abstract idea.  It's when you have to forgive someone for hurting you or someone you love that it's real.  So yes, I think I could forgive Joe Mixon if the woman had been my sister, especially since the woman involved appears to have forgiven him herself by her statements.

Bonnie, sorry to hear about your son. I know I need to forgive a drunk driver that killed my friend and severely injured 4 of us in 1972 (45 years ago), but I just have not got there yet. I am working on it and getting closer every day. My pain is not for myself, it is for leaving a single mother with one teenager alone and killing a great guy who was good to everyone.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: As a husband of 25 yrs, and the father of an 18 yo daughter, I cannot condone the girl's actions. I used to be of the school that you never hit a woman. But if women truly want equal rights, and are to be considered equals, then the sex of the person should not com into play in a confrontation (or in any other situation). 

That said, every situation is different as far as motives and background, but taken at face value, I now tell my daughter not to hit ANYBODY regardless of age or gender, and not expect to get hit back. If you are going to raise your hand to someone, then you better be damn sure you are able to defend yourself when they raise their hand to you in response.

I was raised old school like many on here. But the world has changed and Beaker you nailed it. Women in my day never got in my face or laid a hand on me. Yep, he went too far, but like I said in earlier thread, I would be upset with my daughter also if she hit him (could care less if slap or punch) as like you said, you can't expect to escalate by using physical violence against another without expectation you will be retaliated against in the same manner or worse.

Reply/Quote
Look, I'm not going to debate who the kid was in 2014. It was heinous to have hit someone, a girl or otherwise, in that situation THAT hard. No excuse nor explanation for it is going to magically become acceptable just because he's wearing Bengals gear on Sundays.

So, yeah, I'm not worried about who he WAS at 18/19 years old. I have to trust the Bengals on who he IS today. Let us be real honest here, the past 6 years or so their track record in drafting strong characters and creating a strong locker room warrants that trust. And while I wouldn't say that I'm "concerned" over the man he grows into, I will say that if I had a care on that front, THAT is my only care. What kind of man will he BECOME while working in the city of Cincinnati?

Until there's an actual negative incident or positive actions taken to better the community, I'm not going to give a moment's more thought on the matter. I have other, more immediate and impactful things to enjoy in my life then thinking on what a kid in OK did 3 years ago or what he's going to do 3 months from now.
Reply/Quote
Fair points Beaker and Luvnit....to me...had he shoved her on her ass and maybe slappes her....I wouldn't have such an issue....a haymaker that crushed her face is just way over the top. I'm done here.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bonnie, sorry to hear about your son. I know I need to forgive a drunk driver that killed my friend and severely injured 4 of us in 1972 (45 years ago), but I just have not got there yet. I am working on it and getting closer every day. My pain is not for myself, it is for leaving a single mother with one teenager alone and killing a great guy who was good to everyone.

I'm so sorry about your friend, and I know how hard it is to forgive someone for doing something so selfish and stupid that  it hurts and even kills others.  Forgiveness is so hard and I understand why it's difficult for you.  I hope that person didn't kill anyone else.    I was so lucky that I still have my son, and now I have a grandson.  It could've been so different.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fair points Beaker and Luvnit....to me...had he shoved her on her ass and maybe slappes her....I wouldn't have such an issue....a haymaker that crushed her face is just way over the top. I'm done here.

You don't mean you're leaving the board too, do you?  I hope not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes both (Orlando and Wes) said they would leave if Mixon was drafted and said their goodbyes in a thread last night

Let the snowflakes leave.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:54 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I know he isn't young but Mike Brown has found himself in a position where he has the ability to hand out redemption as many times as he wants, and he chooses to do it.  I'm not going to criticize him for that anymore.

I'm all for redemption but at what point is enough enough? Pacman has repeatedly embarrassed himself and this team with his off the field misconduct. At some point redemption goes out the window and you become an enabler. In my opinion, we are way past redemption with Pacman. 
Reply/Quote