Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-29-2017, 09:55 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The guys in bold aren't on our roster anymore and it has been nearly a decade since they had.

and what has Burfict done to bunch him up with the likes of Chris Henry or any of the others? Any off the field incidents?

They can't handle the video plain and simple.  I mean you got guys on this thread literally threatening to attack him.  Its like a pack of hypocritical wild animals

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hey - Who am I to question the Bengals Personnel strategy. It's yielded all of this playoff success.

Keep bringing in guys with character issues Bengals! It works!

As for Burfict...his issues were all on the field or in the lockerroom where he waited for a teammate and punched him.

2 of the guys on my list costed us a playoff game against the Steelers with personal fouls at the end of a game.

My point with listing the guys is Marvin has never had a roster devoid of guys with character issues. The Bengals specifically targeted those guys as they could be obtained cheaply.

My point went totally over your head.

You lumped Burfict in with only guys who have been known for off of the field issues. Has Burfict had off the field issues? No. You stretched the facts to try and make your point more valid. Way to jump ship to another argument though.

Joe Mixon - Slotted draft spot determines his price.

Vonteze Burfict (even though he isn't a criminal.) - Fell out of the draft and the Bengals got high end talent for a steal. You wanna complain about that?

Cedric Benson - Brought in mid-season after injuries. He played well enough in 08 to secure the starting role 09 and had a great season that ended with us sweeping the AFC North.  Once again you wanna complain about that?

Adam Jones - Was great until the playoff game. Should have been arguably cut there. Should have been cut for sure after the incident during the off-season

Chris Henry - Obviously full of trouble hasn't played for the team in a decade nearly.

If you want to complain about cheap talent then go for it choir boy but every story hasn't been a disaster.

So let me get this straight Marvin didn't cause the playoff loss and Hill didn't cause the playoff loss? Only on Burfict and Jones.. Just wanted to get this straight when your story will change depending on your mood and what thread you are in.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:01 AM)Okeana Wrote: They can't handle the video plain and simple.  I mean you got guys on this thread literally threatening to attack him.  Its like a pack of hypocritical wild animals

I'd pay to see that. My guess is Mixon is the winner.
Reply/Quote
My prediction is that Joe Mixon becomes an outstanding Bengal and works really hard in the community. Listening to him speak, the coaches speak, and reading multiple articles about him throughout the past 4 months - I see Carlos Dunlap, who had major red flags as well, wayyyyy before I see Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe how this one pick is dividing this board.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are a lot bigger man than a lot of people around here.

But I guess people who are perfect and never made a mistake have a harder time forgiving.

I think the thing the haters might be missing is that forgiving is not condoning.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not looking forward to hearing about the punch heard round the world for the next 4 years any time he has a good game...

That said, he has been a perfect citizen the last 3 years (well, except for some story about ripping up a parking ticket?) and is insanely talented.

I will root for him. I just would have preferred Dalvin Cook. Just one time, I wish the whole NFL world would say something about the Bengals being a haven for the character problem players and us prove them wrong...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: Every team gambles on talented players with character issues.  Even the Pats have guys like Blount and Hernandez in their history.  

This!  We just get flamed in the media more.  We generally have a good locker room.  Are there some exceptions? Sure, but the majority are generally good guys.  We are talking about guys that play one of the most violent sports out there.  The fact that he punched a woman is utterly grotesque, but if she is willing to move on and he keeps his nose clean, then I will root for him.  Who knows, maybe the experience will end up being the catalyst to him being a model citizen. 
Reply/Quote
I am split down the middle. He is an amazing talent but what he did is unforgivable.

I will say this though....the only reason it is such a big deal is because it was caught on video.

Tyreek Hill did something arguably worse before he was drafted and no one cared or even heard about it. Why? Because it wasn't on video.

Hill punched a pregnant woman btw. It's truly out of sight out of mind. Seeing anything makes it 100X worse.

I'll give him this chance though. He is on a short lease.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not looking forward to hearing about the punch heard round the world for the next 4 years any time he has a good game...

That said, he has been a perfect citizen the last 3 years (well, except for some story about ripping up a parking ticket?) and is insanely talented.

I will root for him. I just would have preferred Dalvin Cook. Just one time, I wish the whole NFL world would say something about the Bengals being a haven for the character problem players and us prove them wrong...

Do the Patriots care how many people call them cheaters?  Do the Steelers care how many people call them cheap shot artists?  I say, let them say what they will.  We just got a lot better as a team.  Now, let's go win some playoff games and let the world say what they will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I've even changed my mind about Adam Jones. As many chances as Mike Brown wants to give him, he should get. I won't deny anyone a chance to have a 5th, 10th, 20th, or 50th chance. I needed it when I was young.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:28 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: What do you mean what choice do we have?  We can choose to not watch root for or purchase anything from the Bengals.  If you choose to back this piece of carp that is your choice.  

Relax. The guy made one huge mistake one time when he was 17. Hes not perfect. He's not a repeat offender, either. He seems to have learned from his mistake. I have no problem with giving second chances. If he screws up again, sure, get on your high horse. But for now, move past it and accept that he is now a Bengal. Let's see what he does now
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:59 AM)McC Wrote: Do the Patriots care how many people call them cheaters?  Do the Steelers care how many people call them cheap shot artists?  I say, let them say what they will.  We just got a lot better as a team.  Now, let's go win some playoff games and let the world say what they will.

Agree! Tiger  We are the team of second chances.  I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:01 AM)Okeana Wrote: They can't handle the video plain and simple.  I mean you got guys on this thread literally threatening to attack him.  Its like a pack of hypocritical wild animals

That's what I really don't get. Why should the video make a difference? Reports came out immediately after the incident that he punched a woman. Awhile later the video came out and, guess what? He still punched a woman. Why the sudden outrage after the video comes out but very little before? Same for Ray Rice. Seems ridiculous for everyone to get upset only after the video is released.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:59 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've even changed my mind about Adam Jones.  As many chances as Mike Brown wants to give him, he should get.  I won't deny anyone a chance to have a 5th, 10th, 20th, or 50th chance.  I needed it when I was young.

Eh... Adam jones isn't young and is a repeat offender prone to violent, stupid outbursts. He's the one player on this current team that doesn't deserve anymore chances... He's on what, his 6th or 7th since his career started? He just doesn't get it, and probably never will.
Reply/Quote
SO HAPPY WE GOT MIXON!!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Besides Pacman, who on this current Bengals roster is a consistent off-the-field liability?

The Bengals draft one guy and suddenly they're a team of thugs? It is categorically false. Get the **** out of here with that noise.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I don't even care about the video. From the information I've gathered he was on a short leash and did good ever since the incident. And to top it off it ain't like he just came up and punched the woman. She was shoving and slapping him. Now what she did didn't warrant any kind of attack to me personally and I don't believe you really should ever hit a woman, but she was ***** around with him and got her lights knocked the **** out. She provoked him. The only problem is he way overreacted, he retaliated. He paid the price (not the kind of price any of us would have paid but he still paid it) and seems he learned from his mistake. Plus there could be more to the situation behind the video than we know?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:11 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Eh... Adam jones isn't young and is a repeat offender prone to violent, stupid outbursts. He's the one player on this current team that doesn't deserve anymore chances... He's on what, his 6th or 7th since his career started? He just doesn't get it, and probably never will.
I know he isn't young but Mike Brown has found himself in a position where he has the ability to hand out redemption as many times as he wants, and he chooses to do it.  I'm not going to criticize him for that anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:54 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I know he isn't young but Mike Brown has found himself in a position where he has the ability to hand out redemption as many times as he wants, and he chooses to do it.  I'm not going to criticize him for that anymore.

Jesus prays for the sinner and God forgives them. I have made way too many mistakes in my life to throw stones.

Bonnie, you give this forum some balance and your posts on Mixon have been well thought out and mean a lot. TY for your contributions. You are a classy lady.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote