Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-29-2017, 12:35 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The Bengals are 5 and 14 in PO games. 7 of those are on Marvin's watch. That leaves another 7 losses. I wish someone would dig into our all time PT record. I'm sure it sucks without Marvin as well. Hell, i don't think we even had a PT game during the 90's. Maybe 1 or 2 in the early part. Where are the stat kings?

(04-29-2017, 12:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Aside from one.....1991.....they all came in the Super Bowl years.  Then Classy Mike promptly fired our last playoff winner.

Nevermind....you asked for PT games.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay, I'm gonna make one post about this and be done with it because this situation is so sickening to me.

Quite simply, if you can't think of a scenario in which you would be inclined to deck a woman in the face, you're just not thinking hard enough.

This could have been gang related, she may have been slinging racial slurs at him calling a ****** and an ape and telling him to go back to the jungle or some crap and then she pushes him? Yea. She deserved to get knocked tf out.

Having said that, nobody knows what went on between those two and why this happened like it did, but what matters is that they were able to meet, face to face, and settle their differences. Mixon has already dealt with his punishment for this, and honestly, it's unfair for him to face double punishment just because video footage of the scene came out.

The key moving forward is for him to keep his head on straight from here on out. I know just from my experiences with breaking the law that sometimes you can have deep rooted habits and ways of living your life and how you see the world that can cause you to keep wanting to break the law. It's so difficult to get out of that mindset and to go straight. Just look at PacMan. Straight for what, 8 years? And then BOOM. An incident.

I think Mixon deserved a second chance, and unfortunately, this league is all about winning, so you take the players that will give you the best chance to do just that. It sucks, but that's life. Life isn't fair. Life isn't easy. If you spend so much time dillydallying about every ticky tacky moral issue that you face, you'll never get anything done and you'll fall behind real fast.

This is Mixon's second chance. I think he derserves it, so go out there and play football and show the people that doubted you that they were wrong and that maybe they should take a look at THEIR sins and wrong doings instead of being so fixated on some blurring clip they saw on TV a hundred times. Peace.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:38 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yep you can get tried as an adult for crime and you can serve your country at 18 but can't gamble, drink, rent a car, and often times a hotel room.  You likely will not be approved to buy a house or a car. The mental capacity of an 18 year old is still that of a kid as they have not had any real life experiences.  

I hope when you have kids, iF you don't already,  that you don't expect fully functional adults at 18.  If so I feel pain for them already.

Im older than most on these boards and have a son of age.Mental capacity blame game at 18 can go a long way,,mostly do to money issues.Laying hands on a women don't fall under the I did not know category for me though.
Like I said earlier.Im willing to give him a second chance but he damn sure was no kid making that mistake.
Reply/Quote
FWIW i respect those who are unable to get over what he did. Just wanted to toss that out there as I have been very vocal on the matter. I just hope for everyone's sake the kid keeps his nose clean and has a nice long productive career. And with that i'm done on the matter as well.

Reply/Quote
Actually I just looked at the vid and while I'm definitely against a man hitting a woman. Mixon tried to walk away and the woman agitated him first by slapping him and stuff.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I still haven't watched it. Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked at work, so I'll have to wait. That being said, not really in a rush to see a woman getting punched. Oh well.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
He'll be a good one.
Reply/Quote
Don't like the pick. But it is what it is.

Also, another reason why I don't like this pick, this is the THIRD running back we have taken in the 2nd round since 2013.
So 3 out of the last 5 drafts we have taken a running back at this point.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't like the pick. But it is what it is.

Also, another reason why I don't like this pick, this is the THIRD running back we have taken in the 2nd round since 2013.
So 3 out of the last 5 drafts we have taken a running back at this point.

Definitely makes you consider a few things...One, maybe the line is the issue. Two, maybe we are bad at evaluating RBs...or Three, we give up on them too easily.

I think we had more pressing needs, but Mixon is extremely talented...So much so that we overlooked him Tysoning a woman.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:05 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I still haven't watched it. Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked at work, so I'll have to wait. That being said, not really in a rush to see a woman getting punched. Oh well.

It's bad.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:11 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Definitely makes you consider a few things...One, maybe the line is the issue. Two, maybe we are bad at evaluating RBs...or Three, we give up on them too easily.

I think we had more pressing needs, but Mixon is extremely talented...So much so that we overlooked him Tysoning a woman.

They use these RBs in weird ways. They try to force feed Hill but also don't use either player to their strengths. Gio and Mixon would work well in a zone blocking scheme, Hill not so much.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:16 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They use these RBs in weird ways. They try to force feed Hill but also don't use either player to their strengths. Gio and Mixon would work well in a zone blocking scheme, Hill not so much.

I think they use Gio correctly. Hill, not so much. They try to run Hill out of shotgun too much, and he never did that at LSU. He ran better with a QB under center, or a fullback. I think most of his best runs come under those conditions. I'll have to look at game tape. I don't think, outside of his rookie season, we have used him correctly.

Reply/Quote
Well, they're picking football players first and not pillars of the community. I really could care less what people in other cities say. It doesn't make a bit of difference because nearly every team has a few guys with questionable things in their pasts.. This entire issue of high character /low character is over blown with people who have absolutely nothing better to do than to dig up every shred of dirt on other people. 
We really have no idea what he'll be like going forward.  Hell, for all we know Mr Goody Goody the running rev could be banging the lady next door and if he is or was that's his business. 
Mixon made mistakes in life. So what? He's a football player, end/stop. Do we want football players or choir boys?  If I'm following the team I want football players. I really don't care what they do off the field within reason. Is it reasonable to hit a girl?  No, but if the two can work things out as rational people and move forward without acting as if life is just a one way ticket of perfection I'm satisfied. I'd rather have a player with a checkered past who can flat out play than some goody two shoes who can't.     
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:20 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think they use Gio correctly. Hill, not so much. They try to run Hill out of shotgun too much, and he never did that at LSU. He ran better with a QB under center, or a fullback. I think most of his best runs come under those conditions. I'll have to look at game tape. I don't think, outside of his rookie season, we have used him correctly.

Lookout....someone is fixing to come here and tell you how wrong you are about this....and throw out some stats about running out of shotgun under a full moon on Friday 13th....with wind blowing out of the south.

Reply/Quote
Ronda Rousey is 5'6" 135lbs and would beat the shit out of most of the people posting here.

Joe Mixon didnt know this girl. He was called over. Pushed slapped and called a racial slur.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Lookout....someone is fixing to come here and tell you how wrong you are about this....and throw out some stats about running out of shotgun under a full moon on Friday 13th....with wind blowing out of the south.

You know about those stats too????

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lookout....someone is fixing to come here and tell you how wrong you are about this....and throw out some stats about running out of shotgun under a full moon on Friday 13th....with wind blowing out of the south.

Wyche, we know, we wanted Cook bro.

It is okay. Time to drink a brew and pray for ole Mixon to be a great man.

Jesus didn't come for the righteous. Mellow

Eat some Butt. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ronda Rousey is 5'6" 135lbs and would beat the shit out of most of the people posting here.

Joe Mixon didnt know this girl. He was called over. Pushed slapped and called a racial slur.

Yeah.

It's not exactly like the evil big black football player went over and decked little Mary Sunshine pure white snowflake because she wouldn't sex him up.

It was a couple of college kids at a bar with a few in them that did stupid things. And they both payed a price. He shouldn't have hit her. No doubt. She shouldn't have been up in his face pushing, slapping and calling him racial slurs. End of story.

That said if I were 20 something and in his shoes, I would have done the same thing he did. I have no doubt. It's not right and I have learned to handle things better as I have matured. But that was my truth when I was twenty.

Hence, I have no problem with the guy playing for the Bengals. If he has another incident, then I'll have some concerns. If.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wyche, we know, we wanted Cook bro.

It is okay. Time to drink a brew and pray for ole Mixon to be a great man.

Jesus didn't come for the righteous. Mellow

Eat some Butt. Mellow

LMAO....has nothing to do with either of them....really wanted a pass rusher there...and we let a few good ones go by us.  That said.....I was referring to what he said about Hill.  I agree with what he says....but I have seen a contrary opinion with cherry picked stats to back it.  

I'm finished talking about that *****...but I'm still not sure how this affects my already low opinion of this organization.  Think I'll take a break from football and JN for a while....people been banned tonight....I probably missed a good shot at it.....two longtime members may have quit the team.....it ain't good.  I just don't get folks defending it.  Oh well.....Zim will keep Cook in line.....or shit can him.  Hopefully for Joe's sake...he's fixed himself.....cause Lord knows this shit show won't be able to assist him.

Reply/Quote
There is never an excuse for hitting a woman. There can be forgiveness, but never an excuse. Even if provoked, there is no excuse. He could have shoved her, pushed her, blocked her, or if he were much much stronger, just walked away. But if she called him a racial slur, that is a tough one for any black man to swallow and while I still do not condone it, I am not in his situation, so I cannot automatically condemn it. She was obviously being a stupid *****, but he still should not have decked her. With that said, he has BENN PUNISHED. He has REPENTED. He has settled and come to a conclusion with the "victim and the law". This is the definition of contrition and is far more than Pacman has done in some situation just as bad.

Mixon is not Hardy. He deserves a chance and I hope he proves the Bengals right in the long run.
Reply/Quote