Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-28-2017, 11:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Think about that before you go.  He was 17 or 18, and it was 3 or 4 years ago.  He hasn't done anything like that since.  He has settled the law suit and the woman in question is supporting him being in the draft.  They made their peace.  I believe in redemption and second chances.  If he does it again, he should be gone.  But for now, I believe he deserves a second chance.  I'm looking at your avatar.  I'm a Christian too.  I've been given second chances in my life.  I wouldn't deny one to someone else.

Except in 2016 he got in a heated altercation with a parking attendant and got suspended for 1 game:

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/

Saying a guy hasn't punched a girl breaking bones in her face in 3-4 years...isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
Reply/Quote
It's about more than second chances. You'd think after having a team of hotheads costed us a playoff game against the Steelers with personal fouls that fans would see the need to have a team that played disciplined.

These guys lack of discipline off the field carries onto the field.
Reply/Quote
The only difference between Mixon/Ray Rice, and the other 50 players in the NFL who have been accused of domestic violence is that there's a video of it. The same people who are complaining now will have no problem drafting him and their fantasy football league in a year
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except in 2016 he got in a heated altercation with a parking attendant and got suspended for 1 game:

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/

Saying a guy hasn't punched a girl breaking bones in her face in 3-4 years...isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Was he in trouble before the incident? Has he been in any real trouble since?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you people want to win a Super Bowl, or do you want to just draft choir boys. Mixon was going to get drafted by someone and run all over this league. It might as well be for us instead of shitsburgh or Baltimore....

Marvin has had superbowl talent for many years and can't get past the first round of the playoffs. He has spent his entire career being bullied and embarassed by the Steelers. What makes yuo think he is capable of beating Pittsburgh much less winning the bowl?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except in 2016 he got in a heated altercation with a parking attendant and got suspended for 1 game:

The parking thing is nothing.  Did he punch the attendant?   No.  He had an argument.    Here's the statement from the woman he punched 3 or 4 years ago.  She believes he can move forward.  I choose to take her word for it.

“Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night. I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives," Molitor said. “From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere. We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Spot on Bonnie, Pistons is turning into a sour ***** on us all. Loved this guy. Sad
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The parking thing is nothing.  Did he punch the attendant?   No.  He had an argument.    Here's the statement from the woman he punched 3 or 4 years ago.  She believes he can move forward.  I choose to take her word for it.

“Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night. I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives," Molitor said. “From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere. We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did.”
Thanks for clearing the deck Bonnie. Someone stated incorrectly earlier the two never met face to face to make it out like it was just attorneys writing apologies for them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The parking thing is nothing.  Did he punch the attendant?   No.  He had an argument.    Here's the statement from the woman he punched 3 or 4 years ago.  She believes he can move forward.  I choose to take her word for it.

You have certainly been the voice of reason tonight Bonnie.  Very classy.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So I guess West Mamoth is retiring from the boards then?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:48 PM)Antares Wrote: Marvin has had superbowl talent for many years and can't get past the first round of the playoffs. He has spent his entire career being bullied and embarassed by the Steelers. What makes yuo think he is capable of beating Pittsburgh much less winning the bowl?

I'm no Marvin fan, but do you think he has a better chance with more talent or less talent???
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's about more than second chances. You'd think after having a team of hotheads costed us a playoff game against the Steelers with personal fouls that fans would see the need to have a team that played disciplined.

These guys lack of discipline off the field carries onto the field.

We literally have ONE GUY with a lack of discipline off the field. And i want him gone too. But still ONE GUY. ONE

Reply/Quote
Why doesn't anybody ever talk about our good guys? Oh yeah that's the way the world works now. Negativity everywhere!

Reply/Quote
Im not a fan of this pick just because I really don't enjoy cheering and rooting for bad people. It's just my personal preference and many people feel the same way as me apparently. What the dude did was really horrific.

That being said, it kind of blows my mind that there are people being critical of people being critical of the Mixon pick. I think it's more than fair to be critical of the pick and to not really want this guy on the team....
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He was a kid and a stupid one at that. It's not like he's a 35 year old grown man abusing nurses. Wait...

Last I checked 18 was a grown man.Yall can say he made a horrible mistake all you want because it's true but stop saying he was a kid.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Drafting Mixon doesn't suddenly undo the good work done by various Bengals players.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:13 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We literally have ONE GUY with a lack of discipline off the field. And i want him gone too. But still ONE GUY. ONE

(04-29-2017, 12:14 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Why doesn't anybody ever talk about our good guys? Oh yeah that's the way the world works now. Negativity everywhere!

Exactly. His name is Adam Jones and the HC and Owner stood up for this poor excuse of a human being.

Bonnie said it the best about Joe Mixon.

Go ahead and throw stones you bastids, you make me sick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not a fan of this pick just because I really don't enjoy cheering and rooting for bad people. It's just my personal preference and many people feel the same way as me apparently. What the dude did was really horrific.

That being said, it kind of blows my mind that there are people being critical of people being critical of the Mixon pick. I think it's more than fair to be critical of the pick and to not really want this guy on the team....

[Image: main-qimg-80b1f0c6819a46b4700d68743fe9f977-c]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:17 AM)Striped4war Wrote: Last I checked 18 was a grown man.Yall can say he made a horrible mistake all you want because it's true but stop saying he was a kid.

17, i know it is calling it close but that is what i last heard.

He is not a multiple offender like Cook for Godsake. People acting like Cook is a Saint is what is pizzing me off!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So I guess West Mamoth is retiring from the boards then?

Apparently him and OrlandoBengal.  Outta' here.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote