Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon is a Bengal
(04-29-2017, 12:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Thanks.  We all know I'm no saint, especially if a Bengal player gets his jaw broken, or if Whit signs with another team, or if the topic is Bob Bratkowski, but I do believe in forgiveness.

Yeah as much as I wish he didn't have a checkered past...I'm willing to see how he does here.

He has a lot of talent on-field. I think the big issue we face is our offensive line. We have talent at RB...but the blocking might not be there.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:18 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Would you forgive him if he punched your mom or daughter in the face or would you be a hater. This is the part I hate about sports..

if only perfect ppl were allowed to play football then there would be no football played....

he's said he was sorry...the woman has said publicly she's moved on.......it was 3 yrs ago....
if anyone can't forgive him that's on you.....whatever...
I don't expect perfection in anyone, b/c I know i'll never get it...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:16 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: My point went totally over your head.

You lumped Burfict in with only guys who have been known for off of the field issues. Has Burfict had off the field issues? No. You stretched the facts to try and make your point more valid. Way to jump ship to another argument though.

Joe Mixon - Slotted draft spot determines his price.

Vonteze Burfict (even though he isn't a criminal.) - Fell out of the draft and the Bengals got high end talent for a steal. You wanna complain about that?

Cedric Benson - Brought in mid-season after injuries. He played well enough in 08 to secure the starting role 09 and had a great season that ended with us sweeping the AFC North.  Once again you wanna complain about that?

Adam Jones - Was great until the playoff game. Should have been arguably cut there. Should have been cut for sure after the incident during the off-season

Chris Henry - Obviously full of trouble hasn't played for the team in a decade nearly.

If you want to complain about cheap talent then go for it choir boy but every story hasn't been a disaster.

So let me get this straight Marvin didn't cause the playoff loss and Hill didn't cause the playoff loss? Only on Burfict and Jones.. Just wanted to get this straight when your story will change depending on your mood and what thread you are in.
thanks for clearing that mess up cagethebengal....
I also disagreed w/ the pistons post.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:28 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: What do you mean what choice do we have?  We can choose to not watch root for or purchase anything from the Bengals.  If you choose to back this piece of carp that is your choice.  

Mixon is NOT a piece of carp....he's a human being...
how about you grow up & stop expecting ppl to be perfect....??

I love the bengals & will support them....
you want to jump ship, see ya....  Smack Mooning
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ronda Rousey is 5'6" 135lbs and would beat the shit out of most of the people posting here.

Joe Mixon didnt know this girl. He was called over. Pushed slapped and called a racial slur.

I knew a woman yrs ago who's entire family were big...this woman was 6' 4", loved to get drunk & pick fights w/ smaller guys...beat several of them up at bars in front of everyone....

I was shooting pool about 4 yrs ago & a big butch chick was there drunk....said she just got out of a Portsomouth oh jail & was now a lesbian....she punched me 4 times in the chest...I told her each time to stop....she didn't...the 4th time I gave her a forearm shiver to her head/neck area....she hit the ground like a sack of potatoes....she got up sniffling/whimpering a little bit....
I don't care who you are....keep your hands to yourself or you may get hurt...if anyone doesn't like it screw you.... Smack all the guys there who saw this said "i don't blame you...i'm surprised you waited so long"...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:47 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Not real happy with the Joe Mixon pick. I don't like what he did or being associated with it. Bengals fans are already being abused on other message boards because of this. But that is beside the point. The act itself is a horror. He broke bones in her face and is now getting paid millions. It is just wrong.

I honestly feel nausea right now at the thought of it.

if you feel bad.... Sick go puke....then you'll feel better..... Hilarious
I LOVE the Mixon pick....
he's probably going to end up the best RB this team has EVER had....
maybe you'll feel better about him then... Shocked
he's playing football for us....if you expect perfect ppl that's your mistake, imo
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:14 PM)Steve Wrote: if only perfect ppl were allowed to play football then there would be no football played....

he's said he was sorry...the woman has said publicly she's moved on.......it was 3 yrs ago....
if anyone can't forgive him that's on you.....whatever...
I don't expect perfection in anyone, b/c I know i'll never get it...

So punching a woman right in her face is just not being perfect? We just have a different idea about human decency. Some on here would accept a whole team of murderers for a super bowl ring. I love the game of football, some things should be bigger though. It's cool that it doesn't bother you, women beaters bother me though. I think that talent wise, he's got it. There are ways to win with class... Maybe karma for our thug team and not having discipline is why they will never win... That's a real shame too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:53 PM)Steve Wrote: I knew a woman yrs ago who's entire family were big...this woman was 6' 4", loved to get drunk & pick fights w/ smaller guys...beat several of them up at bars in front of everyone....

I was shooting pool about 4 yrs ago & a big butch chick was there drunk....said she just got out of a Portsomouth oh jail & was now a lesbian....she punched me 4 times in the chest...I told her each time to stop....she didn't...the 4th time I gave her a forearm shiver to her head/neck area....she hit the ground like a sack of potatoes....she got up sniffling/whimpering a little bit....
I don't care who you are....keep your hands to yourself or you may get hurt...if anyone doesn't like it screw you.... Smack all the guys there who saw this said "i don't blame you...i'm surprised you waited so long"...
Not a great argument to defend a draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Are we all done venting yet?

If so, how about his ON THE FIELD impact? NFL Network was just looking at the RBs in the draft class and all of then said Mixon is a perfect fit for the offense we run. They also said they had heard from coaches that this pick was also in part a signal to Jeremy Hill that he needs to step up or step out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Are we all done venting yet?

If so, how about his ON THE FIELD impact? NFL Network was just looking at the RBs in  the draft class and all of then said Mixon is a perfect fit for the offense we run. They also said they had heard from coaches that this pick was also in part a signal to Jeremy Hill that he needs to step up or step out.

You say venting almost as though complaints are of irrelevance.

Anyway, his on the field impact should be great. I expect him to put up solid numbers this year, but am expecting he'll be the starter from last this season onwards.

I really liked Hill's first season, but I think he's out. He was literally 2 yards a carry for some of the later games last year. O-Line or not, he's just been very underwhelming since is rookie year. It's a shame as I feel like he wants to run riot for us, but it just hasn't been happening.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Are we all done venting yet?

If so, how about his ON THE FIELD impact? NFL Network was just looking at the RBs in  the draft class and all of then said Mixon is a perfect fit for the offense we run. They also said they had heard from coaches that this pick was also in part a signal to Jeremy Hill that he needs to step up or step out.

Mixon's pass catching is what sets him apart from the other backs. Fournette and Cook may be slightly better pure runners...but Mixon has wide receiver hands.

He kind of reminds me of a more physical Chris Perry in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  It's cool that it doesn't bother you, women beaters bother me though. 

Why does drinking and driving not bother you?

More people are killed by drunk drivers than in bar fights but for some reason drunk driving does not bother you at all.  Why is that?

And I do NOT think it is cool that drunk driving does not bother you.
Reply/Quote
I love how people act like our front office is so stupid but they were smart enough to trade down so the Vikings could draft Cook ahead of a division rival because they knew that rival had likely taken Mixon off of their draft boards. I get we didn't get good value for the pick but that was not their goal. They wanted to keep Dalvin away from Baltimore. After the Ray Rice incident their was no chance Ozzie was taking Joe Mixon.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So punching a woman right in her face is just not being perfect? We just have a different idea about human decency. Some on here would accept a whole team of murderers for a super bowl ring. I love the game of football, some things should be bigger though. It's cool that it doesn't bother you, women beaters bother me though. I think that talent wise, he's got it. There are ways to win with class... Maybe karma for our thug team and not having discipline is why they will never win... That's a real shame too.

So in your world this kid should have no shot at redemption for what he did huh? So much for judge not....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you kidding?  This is exactly what they wanted.  

All the haters are digging this pick.  It will give them something to squeal about for months.  It will become difficult to have a discussion about actual football topics without one of them posting about drafting Mixon.

Right now thyer are working on one of those clever nicknames they love to use for players they hate.

I get really tired of your act. 

The minute anyone is critical of anything this organization does, you bash them. People are allowed to have opinions and to be critical of this organization. Its completely fair to be against the Mixon pick. It's not really being a "hater", its having an opinion on something other than your own which I guess makes them a "hater". 

I know you like to think that the Bengals organization is God's gift to earth and they can do no wrong, but youre in the minority with that opinion. Thinking otherwise doesnt make people "haters". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Brent Musberger tells the haters to STFU...

And so do I....

Smack
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So punching a woman right in her face is just not being perfect? We just have a different idea about human decency. Some on here would accept a whole team of murderers for a super bowl ring. I love the game of football, some things should be bigger though. It's cool that it doesn't bother you, women beaters bother me though. I think that talent wise, he's got it. There are ways to win with class... Maybe karma for our thug team and not having discipline is why they will never win... That's a real shame too.

The double standard exists. Listen I was raised to not hit a woman under any circumstances...and I have stayed true to that upbringing. Things are a little different today, women's groups scream and demonstrate about the need for equality. We have gender issues, and no one can decide which bathroom they want to take a piss in. People want equality, but only if it benefits them.That being the case, if a woman wants to fight like a man, she should be ready to deal with the consequences. She attacked him first, he responded in the blink of an eye. Sure that punch had a little more stank on it than her push and slap, but she initiated the fight. She also seems to think that her jaw has a price tag on it.

If a man initiates the contact it is off to jail.
Reply/Quote
Awesome pickup!
Reply/Quote
I wish folks (including Mixon) would stop referring to the assault as a "mistake". Assault is a crime, and I wish the Bengals hadn't drafted him. That said, I wish Mixon well for doing what he can to change his life, and hope he does well from here on out. Whole lotta wishin' and hopin' goin' on.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:28 AM)snowy Wrote: I wish folks (including Mixon) would stop referring to the assault as a "mistake". Assault is a crime, and I wish the Bengals hadn't drafted him. That said, I wish Mixon well for doing what he can to change his life, and hope he does well from here on out. Whole lotta wishin' and hopin' goin' on.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote