Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
(03-06-2024, 10:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If you go back and look at the quotes in our banter you fired the first shot of sarcasm. None of my responses to you were in that realm originally. I just quoted conversation from Solomon Wilcots and Zac on Joe. You felt the need to be sarcastic.

Fair enough 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(03-07-2024, 07:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not positive the O-lines run blocking is as bad as it appears and with a better back who trust them and accelerates into the holes it would be more apparent.

Mixon did this for about 2 games in midseason it seems and all looked fine. Too early before work for me to research the games now and am in the middle of fantasy baseball preparation for a few weeks anyhow. But most of the time Joe is too hesitant after receiving the ball which I believe hurts him per he is not a speed demon from a dead stop.

He needs to get going and get behind his pads to be fast and the punishing back some claim he is on a constant. Believe this is why he goes down so easily because he is just starting to get motoring upon contact and not up to full speed. Get going and a RB gets 2 to 3 extra yards per carry just from their forward momentum or breaks the tackle even.

Once in the secondary and Mix has his speed up to par he is a punishing back. But most RB's are at this juncture but too often he gets hit before this happens.

Mixon is good at ball security, receiving out of the backfield, and drawing attention of the law. Yet is merely average at the rest and horrible at blocking on a passing team.  He just wants to leak out to fast and become a WR at these times it seems to me which causes him to whiff a lot.  

Even if kept the Bengals need to draft another RB imo.

That is the thing with Mixon, he is also inconsistent in hitting holes which is the befuddling part about him. When he does hit holes with 
urgency he has good games, but he just doesn't do it consistently. Chase Brown does, now we need to add a couple more RB's that do 
and we should be golden. Even if we keep Mixon we need to add at least 1 RB in the Draft who gets up to speed consistently and hits 
holes with urgency.

Breaking tackles needs to be a part of the new RB we bring in. All of Braelon Allen, Trey Benson and Jonathan Brooks do this well.
(03-07-2024, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the thing with Mixon, he is also inconsistent in hitting holes which is the befuddling part about him. When he does hit holes with 
urgency he has good games, but he just doesn't do it consistently. Chase Brown does, now we need to add a couple more RB's that do 
and we should be golden. Even if we keep Mixon we need to add at least 1 RB in the Draft who gets up to speed consistently and hits 
holes with urgency.

Breaking tackles needs to be a part of the new RB we bring in. All of Braelon Allen, Trey Benson and Jonathan Brooks do this well.

Agreee 

Roam the Jungle !
(03-04-2024, 04:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether or not the Bengals keep Mixon will depend entirely on if the Bengals are able to find a really cheap option in the first week of free agency. Mixon has a 3 million dollar roster bonus due on March 17th, and the Bengals will decide between March 11th and March 16th whether to keep him on the roster.

If they don't sign a bell cow back to pair with Chase Brown in that first week of free agency and March 17th passes without a RB signing, I give Mixon a 95% chance of being on the roster in September.

If they don't cut him before that roster bonus, they aren't cutting him at all. They're not going to pay him to not be on the team.

The 5% is if they have a RB that they're targeting in free agency but they haven't quite signed him by March 17th but are confident they can. Then they may cut Mixon before signing anyone else.

But there's no way they cut him and then have just Brown on the roster until the draft.

We'll learn a lot about their plans at RB in that first week of free agency.

We learned a lot.

Mixon out, Moss in.
It was obvious listening to Duke at the combine they were looking at cutting Mixon. This should not be a surprise to anyone.

It should also not be a surprise if they trade Higgins after what Duke said at the combine and how fast they tagged Higgins. Despite some of our fans claiming they would never cut Mixon or they would never trade Tee, yes they would if the opportunity was there.
(03-04-2024, 05:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: He'll be cut before hi roster bonus kicks in.

/nods
(03-06-2024, 08:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My source may know but he’s certainly not divulging but his opinion whatever that’s worth is eventually Tee is signed and Mixon is released. Just his opinion but a good one

So he isn’t divulging, but then he divulged?

That story had potential, but the plot wandered too much.
(03-12-2024, 11:05 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So he isn’t divulging, but then he divulged?

That story had potential, but the plot wandered too much.

Give it up.
Why should he share anything after and endless roasting from you?
This did not age well.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-12-2024, 11:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This did not age well.

Well, you went out on a limb 8 days before the deadline and put yourself out there.  It generated a lot of discussion, so nothing wrong with it.  :)

You'll get em next time Champ.

I think we were all in a love/hate relationship with Mixon, and so was the team.  I think he was at his best when we had someone like Perine who when Mixon was hesitating/dancing too much would come in and just hit the whole and have good success.  The next series Joe would come in and look like the player he can be.  

Anyways thanks for the memories Joe.  You ran hard and earned your stripes and on he field and in he building seemed like a true team player.
(03-04-2024, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am calling it now.

From what I've read and the tone of the Bengals (FO and ZT) it's sounding more and more like Mixon is going to be a part of this team.

I also think loyalty comes into play here. With the environment in the market these days (most players seeking guaranteed money and the Bengals not offering that to everyone) I think the Bengals like to show that they keep players around for the life of their contract as a negotiating piece when trying to land free agents and extensions. Basically saying "we offer guaranteed money by keeping guys and not cutting them." Cutting Mixon flies in the face of that.

So, don't be shocked if Mixon is here come September. Not the worst thing in the world, especially since you have a guy like Chase Brown who should significantly cut into his snap counts.

Yea...instead the Bengals showed they won't cut you early and instead cut you after most of the RBs are signed in FA. If I'm the Bengals FO, I'm doing the same thing, it's smart business, but let's just remember that next time we want/expect a player to do something team friendly. It's a business first and foremost and teams and players look after themselves. 
(03-12-2024, 12:02 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Yea...instead the Bengals showed they won't cut you early and instead cut you after most of the RBs are signed in FA. If I'm the Bengals FO, I'm doing the same thing, it's smart business, but let's just remember that next time we want/expect a player to do something team friendly. It's a business first and foremost and teams and players look after themselves. 

They always do and it's always a business.  Only fans expect discounts, that almost never come.  Yet we have people here who expect it and talk about it, because their fans, thus clueless.

It's all good Weezy. I like the Mixon trade and the Moss pickup and we can draft another RB to really help our room out.

I think we made the right move. We got better in pass protection and short yardage with the Moss addition and we are younger 
and cheaper at the position now.

He's still on A team...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-04-2024, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am calling it now.

From what I've read and the tone of the Bengals (FO and ZT) it's sounding more and more like Mixon is going to be a part of this team.

I also think loyalty comes into play here. With the environment in the market these days (most players seeking guaranteed money and the Bengals not offering that to everyone) I think the Bengals like to show that they keep players around for the life of their contract as a negotiating piece when trying to land free agents and extensions. Basically saying "we offer guaranteed money by keeping guys and not cutting them." Cutting Mixon flies in the face of that.

So, don't be shocked if Mixon is here come September. Not the worst thing in the world, especially since you have a guy like Chase Brown who should significantly cut into his snap counts.

This did not age well.
(03-12-2024, 11:09 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Give it up.
Why should he share anything after and endless roasting from you?

Will say this,  don't know whether he knows anybody or not, maybe he does. But if he does have an inside connection that is telling somebody who is sharing it an open forum message board, then that person should be muzzled quickly.  

It is not wise for the Bengals to let inside information to be leaked out constantly or Zac would just blab it himself. 

Hated when Lapham would tell the world who the Bengals were targeting in draft yearly and so glad Zac hushed him. 

Roam the Jungle !