Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
Between the two I prefer Cook. Mixon has better straight line speed, but Cook makes guys miss. Both have good tape. Just depends what type you prefer. The way the Bengals drafted speed in the first it wouldn't surprise me if they took Mixon. But honestly Cook has great talent also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:58 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I just read several... as in 6 articles from different sources on Dalvin Cook.

He has had misdemeanor batter for punching a woman, a robbery charge, and an animal abuse charge against him? Interviewed horribly. So bad that one team in an interview stated that he was taken off their first round board regardless of talent.

The overwhelming theme in the articles I've been reading is that the kid is a nightmare. Not just a team or a source or two... EVERYONE. Well, except for the people from FSU, but lets be real here.... Those aren't the most upstanding folks in college football.

Robbery? That's a new one on me.....and I'm one of those not so upstanding folks....I guess. The battery was dismissed via testimony from a third party witness. The dogs and the pellet guns were the only things I recall him actually being charged with.  I think he's a deviant that runs with the wrong crowd....but tell the whole story. I've read a few on him myself....being that he was a key cog in the Noles offense.  On a personal level....I'd probably take neither...but if I gotta pick one ( the premise of the thread ).....it's Cook.

W got a good kid in the first....they probably take a good one in the second....but this thread is about these two. I can look past a pit bull that bit my dog....and forgive it......but bet your ass I keep a close eye on it and the safety off.

Edit.....I see he was tangled up in a robbery fiasco in high school as a juvey.  It was dropped....shocker.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wub da brewskie club

Have fun, but be safe. Hopefully lots for all us to cheer about next 28 hours
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have fun, but be safe. Hopefully lots for all us to cheer about next 28 hours

I'm getting ready to fire up the smoker for 25 lbs of Boston Butt....watch the draft....then tomorrow...several of my closest and rowdy friends are coming over tomorrow to watch John Lee Hooker live from Montreal 1980 and The Allman Bros. Band 40th Anniversary show from The Beacon on the end of my house via LCD projector.  I love summer concert season....to hell with foitball...lol.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm getting ready to fire up the smoker for 25 lbs of Boston Butt....watch the draft....then tomorrow...several of my closest and rowdy friends are coming over tomorrow to watch John Lee Hooker live from Montreal 1980 and The Allman Bros. Band 40th Anniversary show from The Beacon on the end of my house via LCD projector.  I love summer concert season....to hell with foitball...lol.

Boom, boom, boom, boom...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Boom, boom, boom, boom...

...a haw haw haw haw.....

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have fun, but be safe. Hopefully lots for all us to cheer about next 28 hours

Thanks and i always do. Don't drink in bars often, i like to get my booz and bring it on home.

(04-28-2017, 05:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm getting ready to fire up the smoker for 25 lbs of Boston Butt....watch the draft....then tomorrow...several of my closest and rowdy friends are coming over tomorrow to watch John Lee Hooker live from Montreal 1980 and The Allman Bros. Band 40th Anniversary show from The Beacon on the end of my house via LCD projector.  I love summer concert season....to hell with foitball...lol.

Awesome Wyche, knew we were like brothers lmao!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It doesnt matter. He was young and a college kid. Slugging a girl in her face & throwing a tirade for a parking ticket is something all kids do at some point. Now that he has matured into an adult thanks to OU's football program, those days are definitely behind him. Because once again, he was just young and dumb like we all were.

Are you sure about that?  I mean, my son is 22, and I'm pretty sure that he's done neither.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

This makes me think of a sign I saw in front of a bbq restaurant the other day.  It said "I Love Pork Butts and I cannot lie...."
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  I mean, my son is 22, and I'm pretty sure that he's done neither.

Man, i have been kicked in the nutz, slapped and punched in the face by a girl before and had to take it.

Just told one of my girlfriends about it and they got her back lol

Punching a girl in the face is a big no no unless they are Ronda Rousey or some shit, than it is all good. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  I mean, my son is 22, and I'm pretty sure that he's done neither.

I have to believe he was being facetious.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have to believe he was being facetious.

Yeah, it was Millhouse lol

So sarcastic sometimes some don't even catch it. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have to believe he was being facetious.

I get that.  My son ain't no Saint, either.  Only time I ever put my hand to him in anger, was for calling my wife a liar, when he was busted dead to rights for skipping school.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote: on this note I hope we draft Mixon and i didn't think drafting Mixon could get any better, thanks for the cherry on top

LMMFAO  Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote: on this note I hope we draft Mixon and i didn't think drafting Mixon could get any better, thanks for the cherry on top

What makes you even think that Mixon will be great?  He split carries, on a team loaded with degenerates, playing in a conference where defense was optional. Mellow

At least Cook shot those dogs with the air rifle, dead to rights.  Played for a good team, in a really good Conference. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mixon
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team drafts Mixon I will 100% be done with this team. You can delete this account. An absolutely disgusting human being.

A man who does that to a woman ain't no man. He ought to be taken out back and put down. **** that piece of shit and **** anyone who makes excuses for him.

M'lady.

https://redmalehummingbird.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/tumblr_static_white_knight.jpg

She clearly had a role in escalating their spat, even getting physical first.

Christ, it's like feeling sorry for someone jumping in a swimming pool only to find out that, OMG, she got wet!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

Something tells me if that was the case, you wouldn't want Mixon anywhere near this team. Yet, because it's a girl that you don't know, or have any personal attachment to, it's viewed through a very different lens.

I just don't get how anyone who watched the full incident video and the police interviews can feel comfortable about drafting Mixon. 

Productivity.

Plenty of the most productive people in general have had skeletons in their closet.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team drafts Mixon I will 100% be done with this team. You can delete this account. An absolutely disgusting human being.

A man who does that to a woman ain't no man. He ought to be taken out back and put down. **** that piece of shit and **** anyone who makes excuses for him.

Mixon made a mistake.....he paid for it.....let it go....it's over....move on....
Reply/Quote
Looks like it really is coming down to Mixon vs Cook.

Watch both be there and we go elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote